Warning to landlords considering HAP tenants

Bronte

Frequent Poster
Well then you get a holiday on mortgage and bills and all other costs until the rent is paid again as the banks and utility companies have said. People get behind on their mortgage. People get behind on their rent. We have hundreds of thousands of people who have lost jobs or on short time work in the past couple of weeks. Maybe, now is not the time to be worrying about mortgages and bills (Noone is going to have their house taken off them or lose their utilities over this.) This crisis is so far beyond financial. Look at the pictures and videos coming out of Italy. This is a battle to save lives. Of course there will be people who abuse every situation. Not much we can do about that.
It’s not a holiday though. You’ll still have to pay your bills afterwards, without any income from the rent.

Bronte

Frequent Poster
Surely you are profiting from government interference if all your tenant bar one are HAP?
Because my rents are all way below market rates. But right now I don’t actually care anymore as I’m now glad I’ve a guaranteed income.