UTV Broadband

Was UTV phone and broadband system down Saturday evening March 24th and all day Sunday March 25th?

Sim

I used it without noticing any problems, so I guess it was the weekend DNS failure problem again (I have OpenDNS set up as an alternative)

Was UTV phone and broadband system down Saturday evening March 24th and all day Sunday March 25th?

Sim

Not sure but phone & BB were down last night and still no movement this morning. They cannot report a fault until 48 hours after first report so Wed night ???
They rang me and said there is a problem so why dont they just escalate it to Eircom straight away ?
In the meantime no interweb except in work........so have to be careful..

Irish Gunner

Phone line and BB was available on Monday morning from about 9 AM but was gone again last night from around 7:30 PM. Contacted the UTV support service who confirmed the line fault and said it could take Eircom 4 or 5 days to check what the problem was.

Checked phone line this morning and it was working OK.

Sim

Just tried to ring home to see if it would kick into Answering Machine but no so still down
Utv did confirm the line fault my problem is why the wait of 48 hours ? I cannot contact Eircom as they would say I am not with them. Same thing happened to my parents a while back. They looked for a reduction in the line rental and BB charge but got nothing
If it aint back by Wednesday then its straight onto their customer service...so a 30 minute wait on the phone

Irish Gunner

Phone line and BB gone again last night from about 8PM. Phone line was back when I checked at 9 AM this morning. Very strange and very frustrating

Sim

Phone still down this morning & just tried to ring home to see if Answering machine kicked in and no joy there

Sent off a mail to them now so god knows when they will reply
Stated that I wont be home tonight to report if its still down so want to report it again. Also asked for some type of reduction on phone bill not sure what my rights are ?
Living in North Dublin so not sure if there is something wrong with the Exchange ?

Its just a pain in the A**

Sat evening and UTV is up and down likes a fiddler's whatsit.
Seriously considering my options though I am happy with the cheap phone calls.

Phew, thought that was me. I had to replace my wireless modem/router as the old one broke. I'd the new one up and running only a couple of hours when this started. Had a few problems on Sunday as well, but only very short term. Still, better than some of the other offerings out there....

Apart from having to manually (through the router control panel) disconnect & reconnect the ADSL connection each time I switch on in order for the link to work properly I still find that the ADSL connection randomly disconnects from time to time for no obvious reason and I have to manually reconnect it.

Still getting random failures of the ADSL connection - router disconnects, won't reconnect usually for several minutes and in the meantime the (Creative Blaster) router reports either ADSL synchronization or PPP failures. Real pain in the posterior... :(

I have a spare Netopia Modem (non wireless) which in my experience with UTV held the connection. Just use it for straight pc connection.

First PM gets it.

Thanks but I don't think that my problem is with the router as it used to work fine but only started becoming intermittently unreliable in the past year or so.

I recently upgraded from UTV ClickSilver 2Mbps to 3Mbps and this was supposed to take effect in from the start of August. I only remembered to check recently and over the past few days still always get the same sort of speeds as before the upgrade (e.g. www.irishisptest.com reports 1.54Mbps down/314Kbps up and the router connects at 1856Kbps down/384Kbps up). The same thing happened to a colleague, he queried it and they eventually told him that he could not get 3Mbps after all (line issues) but they were happy to charge him for it in the meantime! He asked them to revert him to 2Mbps and refund the charges. In the course of doing this he lost all phone/internet services for a period of weeks over Xmas last. Anybody else had similar experiences with upgrading and being charged but not getting the service promised and/or losing service when attempting to roll back to the lower package? :( I'll be calling them tomorrow about this but would be interested in any other stories that people might have...

Back