Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, 60 day holding letter received here today also. Had kinda half thought they might even change the wording a wee bit to acknowledge all the recent media focus, or the promise and timeline given by GM.... But nah.

Jeez, they're really in a hurry aren't they......the recent media coverage obviously put a fire under them ;)

They have sent out 100 redress letters. Perhaps being on the forum puts you on a naughty list. The helpless line can't tell you that.

The 100 letters were from before , and not since the recent statements .
I was told would receive a letter by 3 November and got nothing as yet !

I was told 8 weeks on the 12th September. If they don't get their skates on they will have a crowd in the Ulster bank HO foyer with the national media in tow.

anybody in the country got a redress letter yet? any one know which order the redress will be. who are the first 1000? the people who received letters identifying their accounts impacted first?

un ****ing beleivable. rang the helpless line about 20 times over the last few months. each time been told we don' know when. surely there is some person within this bank that has access to my account and can tell me exactly whee it' at. the way they are treating their customers Is absolutely disgusting. Xmas only 6 weeks away

It's unbelievable really. Surely there is somebody out there that has got a letter!!! Website still states 100 have been redressed

I rang the unhelpful tracker helpline earlier too. Shouldn't have bothered. As expected no details. I can't explain how angry I am with Ulster Bank at this point.

It's actually depressing...I have given up thinking I will get sorted before Christmas. True to form they will leave it til the last minute to give optimal misery to there customers....as I said true to form...no change there.

I also rang the tracker redress line today. Not a clue, she said lots more than the 100 has been compensated but my account was showing up ziltch. I pressed for info re call center location, (Belfast) and she explained how the redress is happening ‘everywhere’ not a clue what that actually means. It’s so frustrating. I can’t believe how they are treating customers. They don’t care less. Will certainly be moving banks when this is all settled (which doesn’t look like soon) very sorry you’re all in same boat

I'd say that this will be very similar to last year when the first batch of Ulster Bank letters were dispatched on the 21st of December.

After making a formal complaint about the treatment of our account (being held responsible for the capital overcharge pending redress) we are now in a holding pattern of letters every 10 days or so with the arrears support unit. Basically, they acknowledge that there is an issue but haven't been able to investigate it properly yet and apologise that they haven't met the standard 40 working days (8 weeks) deadline in which to respond to a formal complaint. Generously, they sent us a FSO leaflet and said we were now free to take our complaint to the FSO. You can imagine the rage I felt when I read that letter.

I did a P21 and the revenue transfered the overcharge into my bank yesterday on the same day that the letter arrived notifying me of the refund. Ulster Bank could learn a thing or two about how to process a refund quickly, in fact 4 days to be exact. It takes UB 8yrs and we are still bloody waiting.
Ulster Bank have and are continuing to act in an appalling way, one I have never experienced in any other dealings in my adult life. They have treated us with total disregard and continue to do so. I will fight them to the bitter end and I will get my recourse for all the times where they have strung me along.

Last edited:
Just letting you all know we received our redress and compensation,did not expect to receive it this soon (was expecting it to be Xmas week at the earliest).Fingers crossed you all get what you are entitled to ASAP.

Great news Catwoman congratulations. When did you receive your original letter stating that you were returned to tracker? Just trying to see if there is any logic for processing refunds. Also presume you are an Ulster Bank customer?

Thank you.I received the letter stating I had been overcharged last December and then another letter in April of this year.Yes I am an Ulster Bank customer.Really couldn't believe it when I got the letter.

great news. hope for all of us now. what date did you receve the redress letter. wonder has the postman left me a little joy today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back