Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've updated their tracker microsite with the statement. Once again the language is key.

http://digital.ulsterbank.ie/person...lster_banks_tracker_mortgage_examination.html

Going on the figures they disclosed previously, I'm hazarding a guess that the push is to reconcile existing customers' accounts first with the further 1,000 switcher accounts to follow.

I'm very wary of this sentence:

1,000 customers to receive payments by the end of 2017;
It may be the case that these payments are solely redress based. I realise that the statement released by the Minister yesterday refers to redress and compensation. This is Ulster Bank's statement though. Like I said, the language is very interesting.

So 1000 by end of year
But is it 2500 more by Q1 2018 (3500 by Q1)?
Or 2500 total by Q1 2018 (1500 in Q1)?

So 1000 by end of year
But is it 2500 more by Q1 2018 (3500 by Q1)?
Or 2500 total by Q1 2018 (1500 in Q1)?
I believe it's 1,000 additional customers to receive redress by the end of 2017, a further 1,500 during Q1 2018, and a further 1,000 by Q2 2018 = 3,500 total.

This is very little change from GM's statement to the Finance Committee two weeks ago, where he said most customers would have to wait ' well into 2018' for redress.

And I'm not holding my breath about the 1,000 who will supposedly receive redress by Christmas, given that he promised in Dec 2016 that most would be back of tracker by Christmas *that* year, and that turned out to be an empty promise.

Very disappointed by UB's statement yesterday.

So they are assuming that they have identified all impacted customers.
And the central bank won’t find more when examining phase 2 report.
Wonder will I still receive another holding letter? Due in 2 weeks

So appears it will be another potential 9 months before UB pay me my redress, to quote G Mallon, "well in 2018". I would love to tell UB to f... you can guess rest.

If the switchers are the last group, which I would guess also, I'll be 2 weeks short of my ten year anniversary on 30th June 2018 of this happening, hardly sorted 'yesterday' is it.....

No mention of those not deemed impacted, who are expected to pay full whack until they get rumbled by the Central Bank or FSO or Courts. Absolutely delighted for those who have been deemed impacted and look to be getting some sort of resolution soon but this statement looks like a big smokescreen to cover up all the other dirty laundry.

Rang the Helpless line today. No further on than last month. Don't even have a criteria to hand to say which tranche of those affected I am in for redress. Nothing changed.

They answered the phone on a bank holiday @Mark Watson ???
There's only 7 more weeks to Christmas with 1,000 customers to sort out in that space of time. I'd expect there to be a serious ramping up of letters in the next 4 weeks in order to sort out that figure. I suppose the teller will be how many have been redressed this time next month.

Sorry I’m totally confused now. The helpline is located and staffed in Dublin. Mortgage services is in Scotland but the Tracker Examination team are in Dublin.

I recently discovered so called helpline is located in Belfast and correspondence issues from Dublin.

Staff member seemed to disconnected from letter issued from Examination Team in Dublin ❓

Sorry I’m totally confused now. The helpline is located and staffed in Dublin. Mortgage services is in Scotland but the Tracker Examination team are in Dublin.

I too discovered recently when I called the UB helpline that I was speaking to someone located in Belfast.

What a joke. A really unfunny one.
Just wondering if there is anyone reading this that has received redress from UB since the big statement?

Picked up 2* 60 day letters from previous address despite writing to them twice asking them to change it. Thats about it really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back