Tracker victims at the Oireachtas Finance Committee 9.30 am today

Discussion in 'Central Bank tracker review' started by Brendan Burgess, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Gen360

Gen360 Frequent Poster

Big, Big thanks to everyone who appeared this morning. Very important, let's hope they're listening.

2. SaySomething

SaySomething Frequent Poster

Well done to everybody who presented today. And agreed in particular to @notabene who is not a client of Padraic Kissanes. She was drafted in at very short notice and was fantastic.

notabene and Bikini Widow like this.
  3. Lightening

Lightening Frequent Poster

Yes well done to all!! Everyone spoke very well! We are at a standstill with all the banks and this situation must not be allowed continue. The Central Bank has to sanction if this situation does not change immediately. Get on with getting this resolved now.

4. Lightening

5. MsBinky

MsBinky Registered User

Wasn't able to watch it live, is there a playback option does anyone know?

6. notabene

notabene Frequent Poster

Thanks for all if the lovely comments, we were thinking of all of you in this situation in there

PJDCol, Gen360, Wardy7 and 3 others like this.
  7. Sarenco

Sarenco Frequent Poster

Congrats to all who appeared today but I am baffled at the free pass being given to the Central Bank for this ongoing farce.

8. SaySomething

The Central Bank appears on 19th (this day next week) before the Finance Committee. Time to make submissions if you haven't done already.
    They did respond to press queries last Friday stating that they are constrained by legislation and cannot force the banks to resolve affected customers pre 2013. It'll be interesting to hear what they say on Thursday.

notabene likes this.
  9. Mauritius

Mauritius Frequent Poster

I watched the whole thing live and there is nothing stronger than people speaking out: real lives, real distress, the ongoing stress and anxiety caused by this. These are the voices that need to be heard. I have done a big news interview for the Sunday Independent on how KBC nearly destroyed me over the last few years. It will be out this weekend. I have come out the other side and I no longer fear the banks. I will tell them exactly what I think of them. The jokes they made with each other when I went in for a meeting with them.... Admitting "off the record" that there was a tracker issue but forever denying it in writing.
    We must all rise up against the banks and tell of our own personal real life impact. I've never spoken publicly about my still unresolved tracker dispute against the arrogant, ruthlessly greedy KBC bank. People will be shocked by the content but the time has come for it to be heard.

Threadser, PJDCol, Lightening and 4 others like this.
  10. ragdal

ragdal Registered User

Well done all. Very brave. Hopefully, as Padraic stated, this will be a landmark moment

notabene likes this.
  11. moneymakeover

moneymakeover Frequent Poster

@SaySomething
    Is there a link to where it is reported that central Bank said to press that they cannot force banks to restore customers affected pre 2013?

12. tonymac

tonymac Frequent Poster

I have just seen the people who were in front of the dail committee today and my god, youre heart would go out to them, theyre so brave to go there to explain their lositions to the committee. Adequate financial compensation is the least that should be offered to these and many peolle affected by this issue especially people who lost their homes due to the rampant overcharging by the banks. People like the ones on six one today for starters should be told that their mortgages are fully paid up and this should be followed up by the useless consumer protection bodies such as the ombudsman and central bank. People in banks responsible for this should be prosecuted and jailed but that of course would be doing the decent thing which up to now hasnt been done by the state authorities which is another matter entirely. This overcharging is a serious national scandal and its time it was treated as such. Ive been involved in the SVR gouging scandal mainly but this issue serious as it is is well behind whats going on here although im quite sure if research was done on the SVR overcharging issue some people lost their homes here too due to paying over the european normal rates Im listening to Hazel Melbourne now and shes so brave to go on tele to tell her story. I was on six one myself a few weeks ago and spoke about trying to get MIR kept which is the least the state could do to compensate people on excessive SVRs who have done more than their share to get the dasterdly banks profitable again and more attractive for sale. I have heard Padraig Kissane speak at a few meetings ive been at on this threads issue and he is doing wonderful work on the tracker issue and deserves huge credit.

13. SaySomething

14. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

Hi SS

I have had this argument for over 10 years with the Financial Regulator and later the Central Bank.

Every senior executive must meet the standards of fitness and probity.

They have probably told the senior executives already, that they would not regard someone who does not treat customers fairly does not meet their standards of probity.

Most of the cases of lost trackers would not have a chance in court if it were based on the strict legal interpretation of their contracts. The CB has told them to go beyond this and the banks have all agreed to do so.

Brendan

Lightening, notabene and SaySomething like this.
  15. SaySomething

@Brendan Burgess totally agreed. I believe the Central Bank are to publish an update next week on Mon/Tues in advance of their hearing.

I hear Séan O’Rourke is to cover this again tomorrow morning. All we can hope right now is that the increased public awareness brings more results.

Threadser, Banking17 and notabene like this.
  16. Onceagain

Onceagain Frequent Poster

Well done to everyone today and Padraic Kissane for keeping the fire burning.

17. MrBanks

MrBanks Registered User

Well done to all for speaking out it isn't easy to do. And to Padraic Kissane. Where would we be without his help.

Annie51 and Lightening like this.
  18. Stitcher

Stitcher Registered User

Say something, what act is that? What was the gist of it?

19. TrackerThieves

TrackerThieves New Member

Thank you to everyone that appeared today on behalf of all of us and to Padraic and his staff for standing up to the banks over the last few years. I found a lot of similarities with my own case while listening to the 4 cases today and how the banks treated them. Even though my case is with a different lender the tactics are the same . Even though the people responsible may be gone and no longer at the banks the treatment still going on today is shameful. Amazing how often the paperwork or recorded calls are not available when it suits them. There seems to be momentum building and politicians that genuinely seem willing to help, hopefully we are finally getting somewhere but sadly may be still a long way to go for some of us.

notabene and Lightening like this.
  20. Lightening