Tracker victims at the Oireachtas Finance Committee 9.30 am today

Miakk

Frequent Poster
Have affected customers been invited already and/or is there any way for others to participate?

MrBanks

Frequent Poster
Ulster bank overcharged me circa 500€ a month since 2008. I am livid with Ulster Bank and am happy to go on air, radio whatever to tell my story and help others.

W

Wardy7

Can't wait! We've been advised that this meeting is specifically rate issue!

Brendan Burgess

Founder
We've been advised that this meeting is specifically rate issue!
Hi Wardy

Do you mean that it is only about ptsb and AIB customers who got their trackers back but on a higher rate than they were expecting?

That may have been the original intention, but nota bene has elbowed her way in to talk about the plight of the 1,000 people who lost their Ulster Bank trackers and later switched to another lender. Ulster Bank denied that they were impacted up until early this year.

Brendan

W

Wardy7

I know @notabene story is very complicated but isn't part of it rate?

Maybe it has changed but I was given this information only yesterday evening?

Looking forward to it regardless. I have great faith in @PadKiss & also Michael McGrath is supporting us very well (IMO)!

Brendan Burgess

Founder
They are all about rates in one way or the other.

But I took it that you meant the people who got their trackers back but at 3.65% instead of, say, 0.8%.

Brendan

W

Wardy7

I did! That's me.

I thought that was one of the elements of notabene's case too though.

At least we haven't long to wait for this hearing and 19th too.

W

Wardy7

It's the turn of the Central Bank to appear in front of the Finance Committee. Should be very interesting!

Suz2015

Frequent Poster
Thanks @Wardy7 No end in sight for us rate issue people, too many years of our lives wasted on this, time for the Banks to do the right thing (feeling hopeful).

SaySomething

Frequent Poster
Best of luck today @notabene & @PadKiss along with the other tracker affected customers speaking today. Thus far there's an Oireachtas press release from yesterday and coverage on Today FM & Newstalk news bulletins this morning. The Irish Examiner are now running a story based on these news bulletins. I suspect that once the hearing takes place it is going to be a top news story.

I'm in work all this morning and not able to tune in. Would really appreciate any updates other members can post as I can check for updates periodically. ;)

Last edited:
W

Wardy7

Did I read somewhere along the way that it usually takes a few minutes before we can start watching?

Yep! Still in private session!