For f**** sake piggy

tell that to the relatives of the people in the trade center
tell that to the mullahs in Iran
tell that to the taliban
tell that to the bali bombers
tell thet to the madrid bombers
tell that to the british people now fighting for al sadr
tell that to the keyna bombers

they are not like the chinese, europeans, hindu, buddists, hispanics, africans (except the islamic afros)

these madmen think if they are killed while massacring us they go straight to heaven

For f**** sake piggy, get a grip.

My dear piggy,

Why oh why oh why do you waste your time trying to educate these people? You have to see that you're utterly wasting your time! Surely you see that!!! They are blind like bats.

Society has always contained men of low thinking. Why, by Clovis beard do you think you can enlighten them??????????????? Hate against Islam is the same as hate against any religion. It has existed for centuries and will do so for centuries more, because people like to see what they want.
You're preaching to the ignoramouses piggy. Go do something better with your time. You might be right but you will never convince that minority who believe that a billion people livig on this planet are evil! If this were the fifties the hate would be directed at all the pinkos. If we were in germany in the thirties it would be the jews. Small minded people never change. They look at september 11th and other atrocities and that is their justification for hating Muslims everywhere. They know nothing of Islam and the ordinary Muslim. And they DONT WANT TO!!! Let them be piggy.

get your facts right

Not a billion - 500m (but you are close???)
You need to go and get some education.
Its not the same as any other religion, they don't stick fatwas on authors and the have people lining up to kill them.

Its different and people like you were apologists for Hitler, peace in our time, we can negotiate, make peace not war ...........................and othet dribble

People like sat back and watched 6m jews, gypsies, 20m russians and the rest murdered and then cried & wailed

pissed as a newt

And if this was Iran I wud not be allowed to be in this happy state

Piggy, darling, there are some very bad people on this thread, why do you attract them?

I'm a yankee doodle dandee, yankee doodle do or die.

I don't hate muslims, I do feel sorry for them and I do fear their fanaticism.

I just can't get to grip with the concept of spending years learning how to fly and at the end of it I face suicide - how do I keep to that task?

In a way u got to admire it, be in awe of it, but really what a frighteningly powerful and destructive force Islam must be to nurture such unbelievable fanatacism.

Islam

Exactly. What an evil force it must be if it can issue fatwahs, drive suicide bombers, etc. It is intolerant of us in the west. They expect our tolerance and hospitality but when we go to their countries we do not get the same in return.

I do not know what drives piggy , she seems to care more for the poor muslems than for the victims of 9/11, the Bali bombing, the Madrid bombing etc. If Piggy was around in he late thirties, she would be standing up for the Nazis. ( " you have to understand Hitler, why does he feel the need to retaliate against his neighbouring countries etc " )

tibet

And the Chinese communist army had to liberzte Tibet to free the people.

I remember supporters of the Chinese invasion explaining to me why it was a good and necessary thing to do and how the Americans were the evil capitalist force while I was queuing outside the Carlton cinema.

These naive apologists and PC people have always been around.

jim

Re: ....

Hi soiytarbgter,

I suppose you are right. Maybe I am wasting my time. I am genuinely surprised that there appears to be people who cannot differentiate between Muslims and those who take extremist viewpoints. I suppose it's easier to lump them all in one boat. I'm not Muslim. I don't have any ties to the religion, or any religion for that matter...but thankfully, I don't judge people by what they believe in.

To the individual who believes there are only 500m Muslims in the world. islam.about.com/library/w...120298.htm

The BBC held some interviews with Muslims living in Gloucester, England and I've posted two of them below. It's interesting what they have to say about being Muslim and Islamophobia.
Anyway...I've said my bit now. I am really sad that I live in a country where indiviiduals cannot see the difference between an ordinary, peaceful Muslim and a terrorist. The media has a lot to answer for.

[broken link removed]
"And what makes it bad is the use of the term Islamic Terrorists, when a fairer reflection is people who have militant extremist views of the religion, because it is branding everyone under the same banner."

www.bbc.co.uk/gloucesters...im_2.shtml
"Islamophobia means to me, the misunderstanding of Islam. I wouldn’t say people are scared of Islam, but I’d say they don’t understand it at all. The general public don’t really have an outlet to where they can get information about Islam. So they read and listen to the tabloids, radio, newspapers, TV and the news programmes and assume all the information is correct."

Muslim statistics

Interesting link, piggy.

Top 5 muslim countries:

Indonesia
Pakistan
Bangladesh
India
Iran

Not exactly the best pupils in the class. Is Islam doing anybody any favours either those who believe or those infidels whom they despise?

Piggy, if you don't judge people on their beliefs, what do you judge them on?

1.2b muslims

each one will cut your throat if told to do so by a mullah - remember they go straight to heaven -
and you say they are not a threat

exactly my point tp

These people are not loyal to friends, neighbours, the society they live in, and the ones who your hear spouting their beliefs are the small tip of a very big iceberg.

They want everything their way no matter what the beliefs or norms of others - we all must adjust to different societies but not them.

Imagine wanting the driver id photos for moslem women to show only the "eyes".

Bin Ladin and the whole of Al Quaeda could be in burkas and who would know.

At lease the US authorities rejected it, I bet they will try the Uk and then Ireland next.

And then you will have the usual PC brigade including piggy saying that its their religon and should be allowed.

Let all fall backwards together to accommodate them, if the shoe was on the other foot they would not be so accommodating (and thats from the Quran)

"you have a big choice mate, convert or die unless you are a christian or a jew then you must conform to Sharia law or you die"

No messing here!

Islam

Well said. It amazes me that there can be fools like piggy in this world. He or she has obviously never met many muslims or been to a muslim country. Shame on her for believing all the islamic propoganda. Convert or die, Piggy !

Hey piggy,

I think you're being trolled big time above. Either that or there are some very ignorant people out and about. Come to think of it maybe it's the latter.

What really concerns me in all this is AAMs stance on the Islamic hate comments. Didn't Brendan ban all religious topics a number of months ago...yet all these very hateful and offensive posts get left here for anyone to read. I don't understand that really. Ah lord...well maybe no one is reading them except the poor demented child who is trolling you all the time.

soy

what an intelligent name - matches your thought processes
don't denigrate a point of view

Religious questions

Soi... you're missing the plot. No one is discussing religious matters here. Whether the heroes of 9/11 get 21 Virgins each, or between them, or in turn and who gets first go, these are very profound questions found only deep in understanding of the Quran. I agree that we should leave those deliberations to the Mullahs and Ayatollahs.

However, whether a religion which begets that most contra human aspiration of all - to commit suicide - has an adverse influence on Muslim countries and Muslim individuals in general, is appropriate AAM material. Indeed, piggy himself "allowed" such a debate in this thread.

Pot, Kettle, Black?

WaitAminute wrote;
"These people are not loyal to friends, neighbors, the society they live in, and the ones who your hear spouting their beliefs are the small tip of a very big iceberg.

They want everything their way no matter what the beliefs or norms of others - we all must adjust to different societies but not them."
"you have a big choice mate, convert or die unless you are a Christian or a Jew then you must conform to Sharia law or you die"

What you are talking about is religious extremism. Europe was engulfed in nearly 200 years of religious wars in the 15th and 16th centuries, the 30 years war in the holy roman empire (present day Germany, Austria and parts of other countries around them) caused the death of 1/3 of it’s population. When the French Catholics ran amok in Paris and killed thousands of Heugonaught(spelling)(Calvinist) men women and children the Pope of the day sent his congratulations. A number of Spanish armada’s were sent against Elisabeth the 1st’s England, a model of religious tolerance and individual freedom by the standards of the day.
In more recent times the rise of anti semitism in Europe was fostered and encouraged by many post Christian liberal countries. There were more Dutch in the SS during the second world war, per head of population, than there were Germans. Most of there Jews who were deported from France at the same time were rounded up by French people.

My point is that we in the west, and Europe in particular, have a record of racial and religious intolerance stretching from the dark ages right up to the present day, from Africa, to America to Asia and beyond, that is untouchable by any other society or power block in history.

We should hope that this present day fundamentalist minority does not bring any more of there fellow Muslims down the path that Europe went down with abandon so many times.
We now live in an era of freedom and justice that is unparalleled in history and we want to protect and cherish that.
The question is how much that freedom, and the wealth is depends upon, should be protected and produced by actions and policies that are to the detriment of so much of the rest of the world and if those actions and policies undermine the very values and freedoms we seek to protect.

We should not (Yes, YD)be surprised when a minority of those we pillage and control bite back.
We should be surprised at how tiny that minority is.

A purple view of history

Interesting stuff. Wudn't argue with much of that though one might question why Cromwell's religious zeal was omitted, given its relevance for us paddies.

But I must take issue with the last two lines:
We should (not, I presume) be surprised when a minority of those we pillage and control bite back.
We should be surprised at how tiny that minority is.
There it goes again. 9/11 was to be expected, we asked for it! What pillage and control? Even if we accept that there is a bit of P&C, the 9/11 heroes were not in the least reacting to that, they were acting out of fundamentalist religious beliefs and of course with a view to bagging a few virgins.

2+2=5?

YD, Cromwell's activities in Ireland while being a big event for us were of no real consequence on an international level (though the plantation of Ulster does still cause the odd problem now and then) and in the context of the times he was relatively restrained, a siege here and there not withstanding. Personally I consider him the Bin Laden of his day, banning Christmas celebrations and singing and such things so in that context he deserves a mention. The fact that he accidentally gave we parliamentary democracy which lead to a secular Europe is one of the biggest ironies ever.

as for 9/11; You are jumping to conclusions with your comments there. I (or rashers for that matter) never said that we had it coming or anything like that. If you want to keep people from rebelling then make sure they have something to lose if they speak up. The workers of the world (developed world) have a lot more to loose than their chains now days so you can be pretty sure that they won't be going to the barricades anytime soon.
Protest and anti American, (er I mean "anti War") marches will only happen as long as it doesn't take anything out of the pocket's of the protesters.
Consumerism will defeat radical Islam long before guns will, Bin Laden knows that and so do his ilk. That's what they fear. Ignorance, isolation and poverty are the friends of extremism. Prosperity and freedom are it's enemy.
I know that sounds very simplistic and a bit like what dub yaa Bush would say but in broad terms it's true.
That's why Japan and Germany are friends of the US; it's because uncle Sam made them rich.

Causes of conflict

I often wondered, purple, is all human conflict ultimately economically based. It looks like religion or

Causes of conflict

Often wondered, purple, whether all human conflict is ultimately economically based. Sure it is religion, race, nationhood etc. which divides but is it economic considerations which drive us to fight?

Would NI catholics have rebelled if they were getting a good economic deal?

Would Palestinians be so aggressive if they had a good deal?

Would Israel be so oppressive if they didn't fear losing all the relative material comfort they enjoy?

Would Nazism have arisen if it were not for the reparations and the depression?

Would Japan have done Pearl Harbour if it had secure oil supplies?

etc. etc.

Back