The screw is being turned on the DUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If NI was to then get autonomy regarding taxation they could reduce Corporation Tax. There would then, IMO, be a lot of companies here wondering why they don't move up the road....

but boris johnson has already pledged to reduce corporation tax to 12.5% for the UK, so they get that anyway. But its not an economic issue for them anyways as has been pointed out, its a cultural and tribal thing. But its the same with us here , our position on the backstop is more cultural ,tribal than an economic issue. The backstop is going to do serious damage to our indigenous industry but we are sticking to it no matter what, we have thrown pragmatism out the window just like the ulster unionists.

but boris johnson has already pledged to reduce corporation tax to 12.5% for the UK, so they get that anyway. But its not an economic issue for them anyways as has been pointed out, its a cultural and tribal thing. But its the same with us here , our position on the backstop is more cultural ,tribal than an economic issue. The backstop is going to do serious damage to our indigenous industry but we are sticking to it no matter what, we have thrown pragmatism out the window just like the ulster unionists.

The backstop is a way of keeping barriers down, hundreds of thousands of our brothers and sisters live in the North, we cannot abandon them three times in a century

Cornyn is a fraud and hides his real opinion on Brexit which makes him untrustworthy to lead a short term government. If they are serious then a person who is not a leader e.g. Ken Clarke would be best suited for this role.
Corbyn is also a marxist and, if his behaviour within his own party is anything to go by, has no respect for democracy. The Labour Party leadership is like the 50 year reunion of a 1969 marxist Students Union.

Corbyn is also a marxist and, if his behaviour within his own party is anything to go by, has no respect for democracy. The Labour Party leadership is like the 50 year reunion of a 1969 marxist Students Union.

I like him. He is like that simple racist old uncle that nobody really wants for Christmas dinner but invite him anyway despite him making a tit of himself every year....

I like him. He is like that simple racist old uncle that nobody really wants for Christmas dinner but invite him anyway despite him making a tit of himself every year....
Sure, but you want him in charge of your country.
I like Clare Daly; she's passionate and intelligent and has certainly done the country some service, but she's also a loony marxist and there's no way on earth I'd want her in charge of anything. Corbyn is like her in many ways except she's smarter and has more respect for democracy.

Sure, but you want him in charge of your country.
I like Clare Daly; she's passionate and intelligent and has certainly done the country some service, but she's also a loony marxist and there's no way on earth I'd want her in charge of anything. Corbyn is like her in many ways except she's smarter and has more respect for democracy.

I wouldn't put him in charge of anything including the Labour Party. I wouldn't even allow him a public platform. He has shown himself to be anti-Semitic. The labour Party in the UK is extremely weak (Diane Abbott as shadow home secretary:oops:)…..I follow UK politics but I would struggle to put a face to most names in the Shadow Cabinet. Its frightening to see the State of politics in the UK that seem to be following the US at the moment. A buffoon in charge of the Country but absolutely no credible opposition.

I wouldn't put him in charge of anything including the Labour Party. I wouldn't even allow him a public platform. He has shown himself to be anti-Semitic. The labour Party in the UK is extremely weak (Diane Abbott as shadow home secretary:oops:)…..I follow UK politics but I would struggle to put a face to most names in the Shadow Cabinet. Its frightening to see the State of politics in the UK that seem to be following the US at the moment. A buffoon in charge of the Country but absolutely no credible opposition.

How people cannot spot the professional smear job on corbyn ( via the anti semetism charge) for what it is beggars belief.

A corbyn premiership would be a huge threat to monied interests in the city of London, this slime campaign is utterly predictable and so delightfully vague in detail.

He has shown himself to be anti-Semitic

I like Corbyn, has always stood up for the marginalised and is prepared to listen to all sides.
He does lack the charisma typically associated with leaders of British parties.

But in no way shape or form could he be labelled as anti-Semitic. To suggest such is to admit to falling for the smear propaganda.
Corbyns record in promoting rights of Jews and standing against anti-Semitism dates backs to 1970's when he organisations demonstrations against the National Front.

How come this anti semetism lark only arose since corbyn became leader?

The kind of deep rooted culture being alleged does not spring up over night

Are we to believe institutionalused behaviour was not there during the tenure of miliband, Gordon brown or Tony Blair?

All too convenient

Just to add I would be centre right politically but this thing stinks

Imagine if police officers in Britain had been subjected to a booby-trap bomb attack, what the reaction would be from the political establishment all the way to the highest office.

Now compare for yourself the almost muted reaction from same when police officers come under attack in Ireland.
Im watching on Sky News, it is item number 3. Nothing on Twitter feed from Boris Johnson.

How people cannot spot the professional smear job on corbyn ( via the anti semetism charge) for what it is beggars belief.

A corbyn premiership would be a huge threat to monied interests in the city of London, this slime campaign is utterly predictable and so delightfully vague in detail.

Yes it is all one big conspiracy involving rich bankers, left and right wing media and members of his own party. It is fake news that he has attended events commemorating the people responsible for the Munich Olympics massacre. He has made numerous comments including using the term Zionist to describe Jews. He tried to get the definition of anti semitism to include a reference that the foundation of Israel was a racist endeavour. He sent a message of support to an artist of the most anti semitic mural you will ever see and only condemned it when the media pulled him. He has referred to Hamas as friends. He was done very little to deal with the huge number of internal labour party complaints around anti semitic views in the party. All fake news spread by the 'monied' city of London....

It is fake news that he has attended events commemorating the people responsible for the Munich Olympics massacre.

Yes it is. The event attended was to commemorate the lives of 47 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in 1985.

He has made numerous comments including using the term Zionist to describe Jews

How is that anti-semitic? In what context were his remarks made?

He tried to get the definition of anti semitism to include a reference that the foundation of Israel was a racist endeavour.

How is that anti-semitic? It is an opinion. There are Jewish groups who are opposed to existence of Israel as it is today. Israel is the promised land, to be delivered by the Messiah, not by the US, UK and EU.
Are these Jews anti-semitic too?

He sent a message of support to an artist of the most anti semitic mural you will ever see and only condemned it when the media pulled him.

The message of support was in the context of freedom of speech. When alerted to subject matter of the mural he apologized and reiterated his life long held views in opposition to anti-Semitism.

He has referred to Hamas as friends

How is that anti-semitic?

He was done very little to deal with the huge number of internal labour party complaints around anti semitic views in the party.

Bad management does not qualify as anti-semitism.
'A large number of complaints' does not quantify as anti-semitism either. If the complaints are substantiated then that is a different matter.
The whole Chris Williamson MP affair is a good example of 'anti-semitism' in the UK Labour party being completely part of a smear campaign.

Back on track...the Fire Brigades Union in England, commenting on reports that freedom of movement will end from day one of Brexit, have warned Home Secretary Pritti Patel to expect a reaction if any of their non-British members are denied re-entry into UK after being abroad.

Seems like an effective way of dismantling this Brexit nonsense.

Yes it is all one big conspiracy involving rich bankers, left and right wing media and members of his own party. It is fake news that he has attended events commemorating the people responsible for the Munich Olympics massacre. He has made numerous comments including using the term Zionist to describe Jews. He tried to get the definition of anti semitism to include a reference that the foundation of Israel was a racist endeavour. He sent a message of support to an artist of the most anti semitic mural you will ever see and only condemned it when the media pulled him. He has referred to Hamas as friends. He was done very little to deal with the huge number of internal labour party complaints around anti semitic views in the party. All fake news spread by the 'monied' city of London....

Is corbyn as pm a threat to the 1%?

If bernie sanders looked like beating trump next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting labelled an anti semite too

Nice article and footage from 1930's in Irish Times.

The border 'festering sore'.
The customs border was imposed by the Free State to protect the fledgling economy. A hard border will be imposed by Dublin/Brussels to protect the single market. Plus ca change.
Also note RUC and Free State soldiers treating the whole matter as a bit of a joke. A far cry from the project fear implosion of the Peace Process predicted (threatened) by the pan nationalist (catholic) front today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back