"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Kilns", Portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

It's troubling to see that the gates were refused on the basis of (1) and (3). Part of a much wider debate, but I'm glad to see that Peter Coyle has proved approachable and hope that things work out for you guys.

Hi Guys - sorry to go off the beaten track here - but trying to find out a few things. Does anyone know how many social housing/affordable houses will be allocated to the Kilns, and if so, are they all in Block 8. Anyone out there bought in block 8???? - I am trying to find out about the electric heating in block 8. I know the rest of the development is gas, with the exception of block 8 - is the electric heating gold shield? what are the pros & cons of it? Please help!

I've just received a very detailed & helpful response e-mail from Peter Coyle in respect of security gates. I want to forward his comments but who should I send them to i.e. Sherry Fitzgerald or Ravenshall Developments?????????????????????????

I would suggest sending the comments to SherryFitz as they manage the relationship between the purchasers and the builders.

anyone bought in Block 8 - do you know anything abut how good/expensive the electric heating is? ALso, can anyone tell me about the amount of social housing/affordabel housing there will be & in what block.

Not too sure about the electric heating bit, but SherryFitz are the people to tell you about the numbers of social housing/affordable housing....

Sherry FitzGerald New Homes are committed to providing the highest levels in customer service and would request any purchasers with queries to contact us and we will endeavor to answer all queries to the best of our ability. Any purchasers with any query or issue are welcome to contact us directly via the following methods of communication:
Phone: 01 6671888

Fax: 01 6671902
Email: dbrowne@sherryfitz.ie
Address: 93 Morehampton Rd
Donnybrook
Dublin 4

Not sure about Sherry Fitz being a good point of contact between Peter Coyle and the Developers - I spoke to David Brown last week and he didint know that the gates had been refused. We sent in a submission to the planning so we can appeal the decision (Boyf and I are also both town planners so can put something robust together) but it is better that the developer does as no. 2 reason will need some info from them to supplement what they sent to the Council and address the concerns Then we can all send in observations cost c. 50 euro - full detials check www.pleanala.ie

gates planning permission

David Browne from Sherry Fitz came back this morning to say that the Developers and the Developers Architects are putting a proposal together to appeal the pp decision .

I also received a response from David Browne/Sherry Fitzgerald advising that builders are appealing the decision. Hopefully we will get a favourable outcome.

for those who have expressed what seems to be concern about social/affordable housing in the Kilns..can i ask people to bear in mind that this is often a means for people who simply don't earn enough to buy a place. it's not a crime to be unable to get on the property ladder in Dublin - some people need help. it doesn't mean an invasion of undesirables and i think we all need to bear that in mind.

Ah sure that's crazy talk! It's about the oul capital appreciation dontcha know.

I know:) but sure things will be just fine

PortoLad said:
Be in no doubt; the lack of gates at the development is an absolute disaster. The area cannot handle the amount of commuters each morning as it is so the overflow will end up on our door step. The entire front of the development will be a car-park from 8am-6pm every day.
I will be taking this up further, but it is deeply concerning that common sense is not exercised within Fingal County Council.

Know what I'd hate? If the zapper for 'my' gated development opened my electronic barrier AND the 1 for the gated development next door. I know a man in this predicament.

beachman said:
for those who have expressed what seems to be concern about social/affordable housing in the Kilns..can i ask people to bear in mind that this is often a means for people who simply don't earn enough to buy a place. it's not a crime to be unable to get on the property ladder in Dublin - some people need help. it doesn't mean an invasion of undesirables and i think we all need to bear that in mind.

What is crucial is that there should be different types of accommodation in the same development: one bed apartments beside three bed semis etc. The mix is meant to prevent problems.

I have also bought in Block 8. At the moment Block 8 is the only block that does not have gas. Does anyone know if it is possilbe to get gas put in?

Why does block 8 not have gas? I presume it is a safety thing...

Re: Show house - The Kilns

Got invitation from sherry fitz this morning, to go see the show house (4 bed town house) this saturday and sunday morning. I have a 2 bed apartment in block 3 but i assume the fixtures & furnishings will be very similar. Def goin to take a look anyway!

Hopefully the showhouse will give a good indictor. Does anyone know what colour the kitchen units are going to be in the apartments, or the worktop? Did they say how much the price is for the houses going on sale? I am away this weekend, but am dying to have a nose in the showhouse!!!!!! Hopefully they will be open for a few weeks!

Is the showhouse by invitation only or can other people go to view???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back