"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Kilns", Portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

The kitchen cabinets in the apts are going to be cherrywood. The spec in the houses and the apts are completely different but they will have samples of the tiles for bathroom and floors and the kitchen cabinets for viewing this sat. The apts are all neutral colours, cream & beize tiles and as mentioned above kitchen cabinets will be cherrywood. Wardrobe doors will be cream. I made an apppointment with the developer to go on site and got to see the inside of a two bed apt a few weeks ago. They look fab and the windows in the sitting room go right down to the floor which looks great. Plasterboard wasn't up or anything like that but you could get a realistic idea of proportions.

Also talking to Sherry Fitz today, when the next phase is launched the two beds are going to start at about 400K. That's a very approx no so don't get too excited or scared but they'll be in that ballpark!!!!! Crazy huh!!

Re: Phase 2

€400k for a 2 bed??? That cant be right, i paid €305k for my 2 bed in phase 1 last may.

As for the show house....there will be both invitation only and public showings this weekend. The public showings are from 11am to 1pm on both saturday and sunday.

Prices for 2 beds in adjoining developments have increased to around €400k from less than €350k, so I wouldn't be surprised at those prices for a new release.

For the invitations only this weekend, is it so us buyers can choose the tiles etc that we want for our apartments etc and also maybe discuss some questions we may have rather than discussing them with Sherry Fitzgerald during the public viewings?

i havent seen my invitation yet but presume that there is little or no room to negotiate on the tiles and colours etc if you wanted to change. Anybody know? what time are the invitee's to view at if public viewing is 11-1pm?

hi folks, i understand the Kilns will be featured in this Friday's Irish Indo property section and if previous publicity is anything to go buy, the market goes nuts over new developments featured in the paper. expect those prices to continue their northbouond surge

There is an article about the development on the Irish Times property section today.

Could someone who bought an appartment tell me what sort of size deposit the agensts were looking for you to put down last time? By the sounds of things the biulder is quiet slow and I wouldnt like to think I'd have a deposit sitting with an aganet for over a year.

the depo was 5k plus 20k when signing the contract to build. the balance is due on completion when you get keys. The 25k is the max that can be covered by the homebond insurance policyr as far as i know (needed in case the builder goes bust before completion) so it cant be anymore than this.
Yes it's tied up for nearly a year, understand your concern but similarly i dont know any bank giving an interest rate of circ 200% to 400% pa, unless your thinking of buying a 2nd hand or already completed prop. ready to move into.

Can anyone advise if they have had problems with their contracts as I am currently in the process of signing a contract for a one bed and my solicitor thinks that the contract is unacceptable at the moment and is finding dealing with Ravenshall's solicitors difficult

thanks

Hi, why does he think the contract is unacceptable? my solicitor had some queries which took some weeks to sort out but we had no real problems. is there a particular issue he wants addressed?

went and had a look at the showhouse today.
looked great, really happy with the way the place is going.
cant wait to get my hands on the keys.
sick waiting at this stage.

I saw in the property sections over the weekend, that they are releasing the 4 beds (only 9?) for around 750k. I was just wondering, where the hell are the garderns? Can you have BBQ's on balconies? Very expensive

Sure are expensive, but I think they all sold!!

Hi Co'l - how did you make an appointment to view on site - I would like to get in to see one of the 2 beds if possible - I think all the houses sold last week , but Sherry Fitz have told me that the show houses are open again this weekend. Does anyone know if you have top floor apartment in Block 8 if you have use of the attic space - I have been told no by Sherry but someone has mentioned the builder says yes?????I would say the 2 beds will be easily over €400k in new phase, as on my home today there are 2 beds in Seabrook on sale for over €400k!

I mailed the developers through David in Sherry Fitz to ask a few questions and the developer said I could make an app to come on site. Hope that helps you

Will the tiles & sanitaryware shown in the townhouses last weekend be in the apartments when they are completed?

I've been told by the site engineer that the tiles and kitchen ware will be different. I thought the tiling was nice in the bathrooms (there were 3 different types over the course of the showhouse and the other non-complete houses that were open) and the kitchen units looked well (although beige-white would not be my colour of choice).

However, I forgot to ask about the wadrobes. I thought they were great and hope they will be the same, particularly the inbuilt chest of drawers inside in the lower section.

Also got an update on the completion of Block 4 - end of May. While disappointing, I'm happy to wait and reckon June may be a more realistic target. Thought the complex was looking good, and the landscaping and wooden cladding is great. Important that these are maintained by us through the management company, esp. the cladding. This should be treated annually.

Finally, gate refusal has been appealed by builder with new plan submitted. Hopefully, this new sunmission will be more desirable to the Planning Officer.

cookiemon136 said:
Will the tiles & sanitaryware shown in the townhouses last weekend be in the apartments when they are completed?

The spec for the apts were on display in the empty town house. They're different to the spec that was installed in the show town-houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back