Super article on why Dolores Cahill believes what she does

Also the best news ever is reducing time of booster jabs to 3 months because now we will start to hear about the super booster number 4 and then the super duper booster .Funnily enough it's at this stage your take up will be less when the reality bites that approach is not working enough to justify stopping the world and that's leaving out any potential side effects or long term effects from the vaccine which with your crystal ball you will also tell me no chance

While I'm on it another thing no one is mentioning is the profile of people in hospital if they are so called half and half are their ages similar, their issues similar their background., are they living in poverty. would they have got it anyway?Also how can Stephen Donnelly say the benefits of vaccinating 5 to 11 year olds are not getting covid and not having long term effects from covid when it dosnt affect this cohort at all.Surely the only benefit is not passing it to someone compromised and when you can pass it while vaccinated this surely makes this a stupid reason to get it.

The reality is there are roughly 600 people in hospital altogether 300 are from the so called unvaccinated. How many of these are under 50 .not obese and no underlying conditions. If you want to stop the world and blame the few unvaccinated and the kids off with you.target who needs it and let the rest get on with it .When the take up of 5 to 12 year olds is less than 30 to 40 percent will you blame these or is this the most of today's unvaccinated you are on about.
I think your ship has sailed away from port reality. The "so called unvaccinated". I don't know who you think you'll convince with this nonsense.

The percentage of over 70s fully vaccinated is over 95%. Less than 10% of adults are unvaccinated. It's demonstrably true that being vaccinated reduces your chances of ending up in hospital or ICU. Anyone who disputes that does so not from a position of scientific facts, and has to resort to lies and smokescreens and deflections.
And yes, even people under 50 can end up in hospital and die from covid and the vaccines reduces that risk. If the unvaccinated weren't in hospital it wouldn't be an issue. The 'few' unvaccinated are the ones stopping the world from moving on.

There are only so many ICU beds available, there is a respiratory pandemic. Countries across Europe have brought in measures to encourage vaccination for these obvious reasons and in response to pressure on public health systems. Ireland is not an outlier in this. Vaccines work.

While I'm on it another thing no one is mentioning is the profile of people in hospital if they are so called half and half are their ages similar, their issues similar their background., are they living in poverty. would they have got it anyway?Also how can Stephen Donnelly say the benefits of vaccinating 5 to 11 year olds are not getting covid and not having long term effects from covid when it dosnt affect this cohort at all.Surely the only benefit is not passing it to someone compromised and when you can pass it while vaccinated this surely makes this a stupid reason to get it.

Children can be hospitalised and die from covid, and suffer long covid. To say it doesn't affect this cohort at all is untrue. It affects them less than adults but there is still direct benefit to children from being vaccinated.

Being vaccinated will reduce disruption to education system and the child's education.

Being vaccinated reduces your chances of being infected with the virus, and transmitting it. You can pass it on while vaccinated but are less likely to do so than if unvaccinated.

If you'd like to dispute that, perhaps you could offer up some facts.

Why are people even engaging with this nonsense? Don't waste your time trying to convince them. They can't even do basic maths. You would be more successful trying to convince @Purple that there is a place in the modern world for trade unions.

Why are people even engaging with this nonsense? Don't waste your time trying to convince them. They can't even do basic maths. You would be more successful trying to convince @Purple that there is a place in the modern world for trade unions.
There is a place in the modern world for Trade Unions though, but modern Trade Unions, just like there's a place for questioning vaccines and our Covid response, just that have to be rational logical questions.

There are lots of rational questions to be asked around vaccinating children and it is not as clear cut as a lot people make it out to be. I would hate to see parents discouraged from asking questions because they didn't want to be seen as anti vaccine or stupid. I certainly wouldn't like to see the debate on that stiffled.

However posts like above about vaccines in general are just examples of the tripe that people are taking from social media. They have no place in any reasonable discussion and I think an argument could be made for removing them from AAM. We don't discuss medical issues and should probably go back to that rule. I don't mind people sharing research links but the rest is just bar stool talk and there is enough of it on other social media sites.

I suggest you go back and spend a little more time reading the previous threads in this forum before posting again.

All of your questions have already been covered in detail here and other reliable sources. The stats on infection rates, hospitalisation, and intensive care for vaccinated / unvaccinated are published.

The 'few' unvaccinated are the ones stopping the world from moving on.
Even you can't believe that. Basic maths will prove in the end who's right. At first it was all about the unvacinated passing it, now it's they are more likely to pass it.then there was the viral load from an unvacinated person being worse than the vaccinated now it's there's 45 people more in icu in the whole of Ireland of which your implying wouldn't be there otherwise not regarding their health etc .it's this 45 that we shut the whole country down for and try to force people to get vaccinated
including healthy children who will no more than have a sniffle from a dose of covid.

Even you can't believe that. Basic maths will prove in the end who's right. At first it was all about the unvacinated passing it, now it's they are more likely to pass it.then there was the viral load from an unvacinated person being worse than the vaccinated now it's there's 45 people more in icu in the whole of Ireland of which your implying wouldn't be there otherwise not regarding their health etc .it's this 45 that we shut the whole country down for and try to force people to get vaccinated
including healthy children who will no more than have a sniffle from a dose of covid.
It's not a question of belief. You've been asked for facts to justify your questions, it's obvious to everyone reading the thread you've got nothing to challenge the fact that vaccines work & that unvaccinated people are more likely to end up in hospital / ICU & that vaccinated people are less likely to be infected and transmit covid than unvaccinated.

45 people is 20% of our ICU capacity. There's only so many unvaccinated infected people public health systems can cope with, as witnessed by other countries in the EU having even stronger measures than we do, some such countries having greater hospital capacity than we do.

The country isn't shut down, because we have so many people vaccinated. Without vaccinations this level of case count would already have overwhelmed hospital capacity and put us into Level 4 or Level 5 measures.
But if more restrictions come in, the disproportionate impact of the hundreds of thousands who choose not to get vacccinated will be in large part to blame. So if you want to shut the country down, don't get vaccinated, "get on with life" but don't come crying if more measures come in... or you end up in hospital with hundreds of the rest of your ilk.

Last edited:
At first it was all about the unvacinated passing it, now it's they are more likely to pass it.
How is it a surprise that the level of knowledge and understanding of a completely new virus has evolved over time? Did you expect some scientists to wake up one morning and just know everything?
now it's there's 45 people more in icu in the whole of Ireland of which your implying wouldn't be there otherwise not regarding their health etc .
Just look at the stats now on numbers requiring ICU intervention relative to hospitalisation and overall cases and try argue that vaccines are not working.

Do the lives of people 'with issues' matter less than others? Would you like to explain to this lady why the life of her sister matters less?

Do the lives of people 'with issues' matter less than others? Would you like to explain to this lady why the life of her sister matters less?
Unfortunately this narrative of people with underlying health issues " were probably going to die anyway " litters forums by those who try to justify their ill informed views on Covid and the vaccines. Its masks the lack of understanding or appreciation of the devastation the pandemic is having.

Initially this was 5G and Bill Gates trying to control minds and brains in order to glean information, but let's be honest any information held in the minds and brains of these people isn't really the type of information that's needed.

They complain when they are " instructed " to do things by the Government or NPHET as its " against their rights " then they immediately go online to harass and intimidate people, or worse call to hospitals and persuade sick people to leave.

Unfortunately this narrative of people with underlying health issues " were probably going to die anyway " litters forums by those who try to justify their ill informed views on Covid and the vaccines. Its masks the lack of understanding or appreciation of the devastation the pandemic is having.
What continues to surprise me is how those who focus on the 'underlying health issues' factor seem to think of them as some small minority when that is far from reality.

What continues to surprise me is how those who focus on the 'underlying health issues' factor seem to think of them as some small minority when that is far from reality.

Even though I think it is worth mentioning that over 90% of the vaccinated people in ICU have underlying conditions. Any healthy person who refuses to get the vaccine because they read that 50% of people in ICU are vaccinated are idiots.

It's a least 200,000 people known and there are probably even more who don't know they have an issue, and if they were to get Covid it becomes apparent.

Back