AIB Step by step guide to making an appeal on the AIB €1615 tracker

Thanks for this Brendan. My appeal pack arrived today. It's filled out and ready to go in the post tomorrow.

Hi all,

I rang this am to request appeal pack. They tell me it could take 7-10 working days to get to me. Patrick, guy I spoke with, said that if it's getting close to deadline and it hasn't arrived that I should contact BDO on 1800800110 as they are independent point of contact for us customers and he says they won't be strict re deadline date for submissions but guess it would be best to have appeal in on time and I don't intend giving them any chance to say mine was late.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks
Anita

Thanks very much for sharing this insight AnitaF - great to know.

Thanks Brendan I already just put in my appeal last Thursday but it very much mirrored your process. Filling out the final section disputing the rate

That’s great. It’s exactly what this post was aimed at. Getting it done quickly and easily and in the post.

How long did it take you.
Brendan

Excellent news about the High Court case Brendan and fairplay on appeals template.....please keep us updated on the high court action if you can

Yes the high court action , Like any court case is unprecedictable - but I believe it is strong.

Aib should also sense the unpredictably of court and this case - I would suggest we will be keener on the fight than AIB will

Thank you Brendan. This information you have provided is so helpful. Sincere thanks.

Thanks for this. I banked the compensation cheque last year and only recently started thinking about this, we have been taken advantage of and need to push it further. Thank god i was on time to submit my appeal, just requested the appeal pack today.

I dont have the dates that i started the fixed rate and came off fixed rate etc, do those dates have to be exact? Is calling AIB the best way to get those dates ? I dont have the original letter from last year

so I have been going through the response from AIB to my friend - its is incredibly detailed i.e. 9 pages in total - is written up regarding their case. However there is much misleading infomation / dis-ingenious content in it - for example it goes into great detail as to how they did not request a tracker when they first took out their mortgage -

this has nothing to do with their compliant i.e.

without even discussion ( much less re-negotiation ) AIB simply did not give them the option to convert to the tracker interest rate mortgage loan option/choice that is so clearly stated in their contract

so beware of attempt to confuse and distort the issue when you get replies from AIB from your appeals pack - again attempts to just overwhelm people with irrelavant information overload

Hi @kb_whatsgoingon , your so very right.

Reply I got from AIB was 50 pages - back and front so that’s 100 pages designed to confuse the matter.

Little if any of the of the “supporting” documentation they jammed into the envelope was to do with the argument.

My reply was short , very focused - it’s very tempting to launch back at them with the kitchen sink but reckon argument would get lost if did. Restraint is definitely the greatest ingredient

Hi NeverEver - yes the actual bundle of papers they send back to was just a joke.
I really think this is only designed to wear people down - did yours come from BDO?
they were so unprofessional that some of the documents they sent were photcopied so poorly you could not read the content ?
Surely BDO are getting paid enough to buy a decent quaility photocopier
( 9 pages just was their response and comment - )

@kb_whatsgoingon , as far as I am aware the reply comes from AIB - BDO just act as the “broker” between the person appealing
and the bank.

So it’s AIB’s reply - just comes through BDO.

So the unprofessional aspect of the reply I would feel is AIB.

However in saying that , I have rang BDO a couple of times. While everyone I spoke to were not rude - I was left a little underwhelmed.

Hi Brendan
Delighted to hear you are organizing high court case.
I have been working with padraic kissane on this matter and am currently sending in appeal.
Was hoping that this appeals process would be fair but it sounds like an are not taking this issue seriously.
I actually went the ombudsman in 2011 when I was refused a tracker but he sided with the bank at the time
Keepme updated on appeal and funding for it.
Regards John

Hi Brendan
Delighted to hear you are organizing high court case.
I have been working with padraic kissane on this matter and am currently sending in appeal.
Was hoping that this appeals process would be fair but it sounds like an are not taking this issue seriously.
I actually went the ombudsman in 2011 when I was refused a tracker but he sided with the bank at the time
Keepme updated on appeal and funding for it.
Regards John

Hi John, funny that you took your case to the FSO and lost in 2011. I took a case in 2011 to FSO and they upheld my case, said I was correct and that AIB were breaking the contract. They said that AIB could set the prevailing rate as they saw fit, and they came back with some rate of 5.15% +ECB which was higher then their variable rate at the time!!

Hi Brendan this is very clear. I am a customer who has gone through the lengthy appeals process and subsequently have referred our complaint to the FSPO. We have a large mortgage so our losses and gains here would be significant. I am a few years pursuing this with AIB so I’d encourage everyone to stay persistent with them, hopefully the right outcome will come out of sustained action and a High Court appeal!!

I spoke to the FSPO this morning - we submitted the complaint last Friday. They are saying all tracker mortgage complaints are "held" until the CBI investigation is completed. Have you had any correspondence on this? We appear to be in a somewhat similar boat.

This is great. Well done. I requested pack today.

I only stumbled across this by chance. Hopefully others will see it also tto increase numbers appealing.

Back