Sky HD

Sunster said:
Are we able to get BBC HD channels on the package here in ireland?
I don't think so. However, one can get the BBC HD preview channel pretty easy. It shows (currently) World cup and Planet earth. You have to manually add it via the services menu. You can search www.digitalspy.co.uk for more details.

Were you able to watch wimbledon on HD? WDid you have to set the channel yourself? Was this easy to do?

"Tell me this, can you get Sky without a phone line?"
Not, through Sky and I'm not aware of anyway around it.

Just a point on SKY HD. I ordered same before the world cup and was told it would be Sept 5th before delivery. They have just rung to move the date forward a month. Either demand is not what they expected or the boxes are coming through quicker than expected.

Seen England v Portugal game on a friend who has HD in. Picture quality is superb. I'm always amazed though. You walk into any TV shop. They are all selling HD TV's put not one has a HD feed so you can appreciate the picture.

Sunster said:
Tell me this, can you get Sky without a phone line?

For standard Sky in the UK if you buy all the equipment yourself without availing of their free/discounted equipment offers and install it yourself or through an independent installer then you don't need a phone line connected. You do have to pay a one off connection fee of £25 though.

I would imagine the same can be done here. For HD I have no idea what the situation with the phoneline is.

according to sky you pay €15 per month for HD regardless of the package you are on. there is also a long waiting list and the end of Aug is the earliest they can do it they say.

here is an example of how much sky can cost per month.

Highest Package..................64.50

HD....................................15.00

Multi Room.........................15.00

thats almost 100 a month and if you go for HD in the second room you'll pay 1000 for 2 boxes and 30 a month to recieve 6 stations in HD:eek:

Back