SEPA Instant Progress, or the lack of it...

Ah, this explains why my SEPA instant payment from PTSB to my BOI CC failed!.

EDIT: PTSB verification seems to be working better today. (9/10/25)

I seem to be getting 'Verification check not possible' in PSTB for existing payees or when setting up new payees for accounts with AIB/BOI/EBS. Doesn't even seem to get as far as doing the name check. The check goes through and comes back as successful for Wise.

PTSB also has no nicknames. They do have a reference field, which they now display in the same line as the payee name on the website. The app, however, only shows the payee name—you have to expand the line to see the reference. A real nuisance if you have a few accounts with the same payee name. You also can't edit existing payees.
 
Last edited:
AIB to N26 instant payment just failed for me with error RR04. Both accounts are mine. The name was correct. Retried as a non-instant SEPA payment; hopefully that will complete.
 
AIB to N26 instant payment just failed for me with error RR04. Both accounts are mine. The name was correct. Retried as a non-instant SEPA payment; hopefully that will complete.
According to SEPA Codes, this is an error due to "Regulatory Reasons". Curious to hear if standard SEPA goes through without issues.
 
EBS seem unable to send via SEPA Instant to non IE-IBANS for me - attempted with DeGiro & Trade Republic which others have reported as working from other banks.
I get the error:
This payment can't be sent Instantly. If you want to send it as a Standard payment, start again, enter your payment details and tick the box for Standard payment.
 
Whereas I can make a SEPA Instant payment from the PTSB website, I can't do it via the app - there isn't even an option. Anyone else having the same issue?
 
According to SEPA Codes, this is an error due to "Regulatory Reasons". Curious to hear if standard SEPA goes through without issues
I know, it's supposed to indicate sanctions or AML concerns. I suspect it's been misused as a catch-all error somewhere on the bridge between AIB and N26.

Standard SEPA payment from AIB accepted last night and credited to N26 this morning. All other details identical to instant payment which failed.
 
Anyone else having the same issue?
Yes same here. No instant for me
I am on Android with PTSB App v12.5 mobile

My spouse has an iPhone with App v12.6 mobile, and the instant works fine for her
No App upgrade in the Play Store for me - they must have forgotten us!
 
UPDATE....
Got a notification from PTSB
was able to upgrade to App v12.6 from the playstore, and SEPA instant is available to me now
 
Trade Republic transfers today: one was instant, other one was 2-3 days timeframe, if I went to do another one now it says within seconds.

This is post-the new IBAN situation that they've implemented.
 
Tried twice from updated PTSB app to N26 both failed

Edited- Third times the charm...success!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top