It's poor alright. Any time PTSB ask for feedback I mention this shortcoming. Deaf ears.I often wonder why it takes days to make a payment from a PTSB current a/c to a PTSB credit card?
It's poor alright. Any time PTSB ask for feedback I mention this shortcoming. Deaf ears.I often wonder why it takes days to make a payment from a PTSB current a/c to a PTSB credit card?
EBS have maintenance scheduled for Thursday night, maybe they are introducing this functionality then, or it might be unrelated:
SEPA Instant payment option on our 365 mobile app and 365 online for Business Customers will launch soon. We’ll let you know by putting a message on our app. In the meantime, please use the SEPA Standard option.
To ensure your payment is processed correctly please follow the below steps:
- The default option for payments on the 365 mobile app and 365 online is SEPA Instant.
- In order to process a payment you need to select the SEPA Standard payment option for all payments for now.
- The SEPA Instant payment option is coming soon for business accounts.
- If you select the SEPA Instant payment option your payment will not be processed.
- The future dated payment option is also available.
Payee name character limits on the 365 mobile app and 365 online
Currently, when you set up a payee, the maximum number of characters you can use for their name is:
We will let you know at the time, if your payee name is over the character limit.
- 22 characters including spaces for regular payees
- 18 characters including spaces for standing orders.
We’re working to increase these limits soon, making it easier to enter full payee names.
Thank you for your patience.
Not all account types accept SEPA instant.why might someone want the slow version ?
They sort of have it, in that they’re is a field named “Description” on the payee details where you can put in “My N26 CA” separate from the Payee Name field. The issue is that this isn’t immediately visible when the list of payees selection screen is displayed during the payment process, although it does appear later on a verification screen. So it is there, just poorly utilised and I’d agree that it is an example of poor UX design/testing.But: looks like BOI doesn’t do account nicknames. I have a few own accounts in other banks (like the N26 one))
So now I can’t name the payee in BOI e.g. “My N26 current account” without getting that “the name doesn’t match” warning - or having to remember which IBAN is the right one.
It’s early days but as usual inconsistency is the name of the game. For example, in respect of payments to credit cards AIB says:For instance mortgage accounts and CC accounts at different ins
Which AlB accounts can I use to send and receive SEPA instant payments?
• If you have any of the following accounts with AIB in the Republic of Ireland, you'll be able to send and receive SEPA Instant payments: Personal Demand Deposit Account Demand Deposit Account Online Saver Account Youth Savings Account Basic Bank Account Advantage Account Student Account Student Plus Account Graduate Account Business Start Up Account Business Current Account (incl. Young Farmer Account) Personal Bank Account Masterplan Account Junior / Student Saver AIB (NI) Euro Current Accounts (digital channels only) • The following accounts can receive SEPA Instant payments: AIB Corporate, Business and Purchasing Cards AIB All Personal Credit Cards
When can I receive SEPA Instant payments into my account?
Since 9 January 2025, you've been able to receive SEPA Instant payments into your payment accounts (for example, your current account) 24 hours a day, any day of the year. Accounts that cannot receive SEPA Instant payments include and mortgages certain deposit accounts credit card accounts and Global Market accounts
Ah thanks for the correction. I had only had experience with BOI and didn't realise it wasn't a wider systemic thing.So AIB allows SEPA Instant inbound to AIB CC but BOI does not allow SEPA Instant inbound to BOI CC. Go figure.
I have wondered this many a time........why it takes days to make a payment from a PTSB current a/c to a PTSB credit card?