Royal Canal Park/Rathborne/Earlswood

The management charge is less than €1000 a year. Not bad, considering that includes waste collection.

CelloPoint said:
I think the game is up regarding these out-of-town apartment developments especially when you consider what you can buy in central locations in cities like Berlin for less than half the price.

I would bail out of that place ASAP.

I also encourage AAM users to consider reading some of the polls and posts over on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38 (boards.ie) to give you an idea as to how the market is thinking at the moment.

This location is not really out of town Cellopoint. It's a 15-20 minute bus ride to town! I consider that pretty central

Re the telecoms - that's sorted out now - the local exchange has been upgraded and you can have whoever you want for broadband etc. That happened in May I think.

Hey, any news on the promised Spar, Gym etc for the Earlswood development? the nearest shop to RCP and Rathborne are a days trek!

Hey, any news on the Spar, gym in rathborne, the RCP has a small gym but still no shop.

Hi, we live just opposite the SPAR in Rathborne and they've been working on it for the past two weeks (including Saturdays). I don't know when it'll be ready though and I don't think there's been any progress on the gym (although the last thing I heard was that it would be ready by the end of Sept).

Looks like it's to cramped to me. I wonder about how people plan to live long term in these developments with huge mortgages for the next 35 years. Can someone tell me anything positive about this development apart from the fact it has a shop and a gym close by. Alright it has a train but where are your kids going to kick a football?

Oliver Plunkets gaa grounds are a few hundred yds away, in addition there are plenty of green spaces in around the development and I think there are actually going to be football pitches etc built there, at least they're shown on the plans.
Why do you ask?

I ask as I have a dilemma..wheter I should buy an apartment in earlswood or a large house with gardens in the country for a lesser price where my kids can have a decent life both financially (as i will not have 1700Euro++ mortgage repayments for the next 35 years) and in terms of recreational facilities where they can kick a football in their own back garden, go to a school that has'nt got 35 kids vying for the teachers attention.

tough call as are all of these commute or not decisions. Personally, i would not commute, but for many that is the better call, and i can understand why, but look at this way, is there much point in the kids playing out in the back garden if they never see their father/mother? However, if i had kids i would not buy an apartment, although i have lived abroad in apartments where every family lives in one - hasn't reached her yet, and i doubt if it will for many years.

Back