RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in block F and ESB had better connect me tomorrow or I'll go ballistic. They'd be quick out to disconnect if you didn't pay a bill!!!
I'd better get on to my solicitor to let him know what the story is.

Hey all,

Is anyone connected yet?
Forgot about the Bank holiday on Monday, so that shortens everything again!

Hi All,

I called ESB this morning in Leopardstown and I was told that there is 18 of us on the list to be connected today. How far in they are on the list now I don't know but most of us should be connected this afternoon! Finally! Next thing to sort out is the Gas Man! If you want to chase it up and see if your on the list the number to call is: 6042864. That's ESB Networks in Leopardstown. Good Luck!!

Hi all

As soon as the electric finally goes on and we organise for Bord Gais to come out, do we need to be there in the apartment or can the Gas Man just turn up on the site and ask the foreman for access to the individual apartments?

Oh yeah - I took a drive up last night and the car parking spaces were still not marked out - despite being told that they would be done on Wednesday!

If you have the keys you would need to be there but if you don't the foreman looks after all this. Probably best if you don't have keys so you don't have to worry about being there or time off!
I wonder how many of us got electricity today?!!

Has anyone in Block E been connected to ESB yet, I was told someone had been out during the week but didn't get round to it and so it'll be next Tuesday.......hopeless!!! . If the gas meter has been unlocked what needs to be done to complete connection?

Hey all,
Got connected ESB and gas on Fri.
Gas man checked the hob but said that Cathal will have to bring in the site's plumber to check the boiler or I could just turn it on and if somethings wrong with it, I'd have to get my own plumber!?? A no brainer there! Just don't understand why cathal doesn't inform us aout these things.

Saw some of the car spaces marked out in front of block F and the front of the building opposite (not sure which block it is) but these were numbers 99 to 100+. As I'm in the 60's I'm assuming mine will be somewhere around the back of the block, nowhere near my entrance. Should be fun on a rainy night. And since I bought an extra space, can't wait to see where that is put. Probably down by Bracken Hill!
Still, was pleased to see how much of a little sun trap my patio is!

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had their gas connected up yet? I had a look at the meters and as far as I could tell there was still a clamp on all of them?
I've contacted BORD GAIS last week and they said that they would connect me on Wednesday of this week, but, as I said, I was there on Wed, but they didn't look connected.

Also, anyone in yet? any hints or tips you guys have picked up yet?
Anyone unhappy about the car spaces?

We are getting our keys this afternoon! Keep chasing Bord Gais - I've had to chase everybody involved in this whole process - they never do anything when they say they will!!

We are happy enough with the car space as it is outside our door! Does anybody know if the lifts are working yet? I don't fancy dragging all of our stuff up to the 3rd floor!

Has anyone supposed to have closed last fri (2nd) not closed...?Apart from me.
I'm trying to chase up cathal to fix some of the stuff he failed to fix that was on the snag. I'm looking to get 3 doors replaced as theres some damage done to them on the bottom. One in particular is quite bad. A few other things like chips on work top and walls were left also and I'v a feeling he's not bothered about fixing these things. Has anyone else had trouble with him. I'v tried contacting him today but his phone is just going onto voice mail.

Don't think lifts are going to be working till everyones moved in as they don't want them damaged by furniture.

PS. I'v tried looking for shower doors to fit the ensuite shower. problem is the shower tray is quite small so I'm finding it quite difficult to get one without paying a fortune. Any ideas??

Hi,
I was supposed to close last Fri as well (2nd),finally closed y'day and got the keys. Went up last night and the place was flithy. A couple of minor issues still to be dealt with but my solicitor has written to their solicitor with the issues. Make sure you do that or else it will be deemed that you have found the place to be acceptable. Apparently the place is being cleaned up today (Block C). I had Bord Gas up there y'day morning and I dont know what they were doing coz the cooker is sitting on the kitchen floor but its connected up! Very weird! Toilet seat needs to be replaced. That's about it. I think the builders wanted everyone to move in within 4 weeks but until then the lifts won't be working! God help you guys on the 1/2/3rd floors!!!

Hey all,

We're this close to closing! Two minor issues to be sorted and we have a slight problem with our car space but our solicitor is looking after that.
I contacted Bord Gais just there as we still aren't connected up, even though they told us it would be done last Wed. Of course, no-one rang me to tell me it wasn't done - typical. The problem was that whoever was connecting the gas couldn't get access to our apt to check the meter. I was never told that I would have to be on site when they were doing it? Was anyone else?
Anyway, seeing as we don't have the keys yet, I just gave them Cathal's number to call as a comment on my account in Bord Gais. That should work. I've noticed as well that there are a good few others in Block D with the clamp on the meter, so I'm assuming we're not alone.

I was in Block D yesterday as well and the lifts are now working.

Bord Gais were out today in Block D and unlocked our meter - now I just have to get Cathal to arrange for the boiler to be commissioned!

They are testing the lifts in our section but they are not turned on yet for our use - so we're still carrying stuff up 3 flights of stairs!

Our diswasher flooded when we first used it - so try out your washing machine & dishwasher before getting the floors put down.

Is the light working in anybody else's bathroom? We can't seem to get the cover off so I don't even know if there's a bulb in there!

I'm picking up the key today so cheers for the tip re the dishwasher flooding. will try that out asap.
My bathroom lights aren't working either but think it's because theres no bulbs. But my bathroom fans aren't working. Are anyone elses the same?

There is a switch above the bathroom door before you go in where you can turn the fan off/on - this is in addition to the light switch which also turns it on. The switch is a bit bigger than normal switches so you should be able to find it ok.

My arms are covered in bruises today from moving all of our stuff - I look like I was beaten up!:(

It seems a little silly to have the switch so high up I will never reach it. We haven’t been able to check the bathroom light either and are yet to get the cover off if we do I will post how to do it.

Our gas is working do we still need the meter unlocked?

If your gas is working ok then the meter has already been unlocked. Did you get Cathal to arrange for somebody to turn on the boiler and demonstrate how it works?

I'm afraid to pull at the bathroom light cover too much in case the whole thing comes off the ceiling!

If you switch the bathroom fan switch on then you can just operate it with the bathroom light switch after that. You shouldn't have to turn it on/off above the door each time.

We tried to get Magnet for broadband but they told us it wouldn't be available in Rockview until end of July. They were originally going to wire the development for 'Fibre to the Home' but they are now saying that didn't happen - which is strange as there are black covers on the ground outside the apartments that say Magnet on them...

Hi All,
I'm exactly the same, I don't understand why the fan switch had to go up over the door as I'm a wee bit small I'll need a chair to switch it on! Annoying.
Re the light in the bathroom, I was up there last w/end armed with a ladder, scredriver etc trying to get the cover off the bathroom ceiling. No matter what we did I thought we'd pull the whole thing off the ceiling trying to get it off, in the end Cathal showed us and used a penny on the side and the cover apparently just slips off!! Give that a go and see what happens!
P.S. has anyone heard when the village centre is due for completion???

I haven’t been near Cathal since we closed. I have decided to write a list of any little things and go to him with a few rather then each day. I have a rough idea how the boiler works from one at home. I will turn it on tomorrow and make sure the rads heat up etc. If I get it working I will post how to do it.

I give the bathroom light a good pull if it comes down so be it I have had enough of the whole moving thing and the amount of hassle it’s been.

Thanks for all you advise dimple.

Does anyones intercom work?

Our intercom works ok. Thanks for the tip re the bathroom light Ali C - is there a special bulb that we need to put in it or will an ordinary one work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back