RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Snagged today. Does anyone have an issue with the gas boiler being in the master bedroom?

Hi,
As far as I know the location of the boiler is not the same in each apartment. I bought one in Bracken Hill and the boiler is in the second bedroom. It depends on what the builder thinks is the best location for the vent. It's not ideal but it's covered by a locker and isn't noisy.

My boilers in the master bedroom too. I didn't really mind as the 2nd bedroom is so small. There is just one issue about it that I don't like and I wonder if it's the same with others...There is a box added onto the locker that the boiler is in that takes the pipe to the outside. to me the whole thing was poorly designed and this is really ugly looking and a waste of space. If the boiler and it's cabinet had been turned another way it would have eliminated the need for this extra box. This is probably not like this in all apts. My snagger said it was something to do with it being along the outside wall????

Hey,
An idea for the boiler unit may be to extend the wardrobes over the unit altogether. It makes it look neat and you have more storage area in the room then. I've seen it done in Sandyford view and it looks neat.

We were out on the site yesterday morning and there was an ESB guy installing meters for some of apartments in Block D. He said that we would have power in a few days.

Does anyone have the exact postal address? If you are in number 14, Block F for example, is it:

14 Rockview
Simons Ridge
Blackglen Road
Dublin 18

Should I check this with An Post?

Hey,
Is anyone out there not going to close on time. My solicitor is refusing to let me close on Fri as electrics and gas can't be checked without power. he says he'll sort everything out legally wise but the builders have put the fear of God in me.

I was talking to ESB yest and they also told me we'd be connected in a few days.

Hi,

Thank god! Somebody is voicing the same fear as I have. I only snagged last Friday the builders want me to close on Friday as well, my biggest fear is that we close and they'll bugger off and won't finish any issues we may have. The bathroom was snagged in the dark as there was no electrics and my kitchen applicances are nowhere to be found.
I'm apprehensive about closing on Friday but on the builders letters they have said they will charge us interest for not closing on time....
Has anyone managed to delay their closing without any consequences???

Hey AliC,
Check with your solicitor. Mine says he'll sort everything out re closing late. He's the one not letting me close until I'm happy with everything. My bathroom hasn't been snagged yet as my snagger thought it was no point snagging in dark.
I'm afraid of the interest charged if I don't close on time aswell. I doubt the builders will bugger off though as they're still up on the site at other blocks, but perhaps they will be slower at fixing after we'v closed.
Anyone else out there in the same boat????

I know this is asked everyday but has anyone got their power connected yet? If one person has they're probably all done.

Hey,
Just rang the ESB again this morning and was told that Block D will be all connected by tomorrow evening!?!
I hope this is true cos we're in the same boat with snagging and closing time pressures.

Hi,
I called ESB this morn also and they promised to connect me tomorrow morning. And from that I arranged for gas company to come out and connect tomoz pm.
I also hope this is true. And I won't be closing tomoz so I'm now sh*ting it in case I'm loaded with interest!

I didn't realise we need to get somebody from Bord Gais out to connect us up? When I spoke to them they just transferred the account from the builder's name in to my name. Was your gas meter locked and they are coming out to unlock it now?

Hi All,

I just rang ESB this morning and my waiting time has been reduced from 10 to 5 working days... Perhpas the more pressure we put on them the faster they'll come out!!!
Bord Gais transferred the account into my name but I have to call them again tomorrow to get the confirmed account number and they said it'll be sometime next week when someone can come out. We have to make an appointment. There's absolutely no way I'm going to be closing tomorrow and as Bron said, I'm also sh**ing it about the interest. My solicitor won't let me close - I've got her working on the case about the interest part - did you have any luck in getting around it yet?

Hey all,
Just spoke with our solicitor about the interest thing as we are closing next Friday and he said not to worry as it's more of a scare tactic to get money from unwary people. If you're not happy to close for a vaild reason, then you will not be charged any interest. Any solicitor will fight that for you if you need it.
Needing power for a full snag is a must as I see it.
Actually on that, and on AliC's comment re pressure on the ESB, Cathal (Foreman) advised me to keep at them as they are lazy in connections.

Also, does anyone have the number for the Bord Gais connection line and what do I have to do?

I feel so much more relieved now with others not willing to close on time.

Bord Gais number is 1850632632. They'll set you up with an account. They didn't need a meter reading from me but some others needed to get the meter read I think.
Dimple, now I don't know much about this but apparently they have to come out and turn on the supply into the apt and check the boiler out etc thats why the electricity needs to be on before they can do that.

AS regards the ESB, it just doesn't make sense that they seem to be connecting apartments on an individual basis. Surely everyone who has bought needs their power connected now and it would make much more sense if they'd just do everyone together. Hopefully it will be tomorrow.
If I were you AliC, I'd call them again and ask if they could connect you tomorrow.I'v been ringing ESB networks call centre 1850372757. Think it's a different centre to their regular customer service. You may already be calling this but if not give it a try.

Thanks Bron - it's frustrating when Bord Gais fail to mention something like this when speaking to them!

I think the whole thing with ESB is a bit of a mess at this stage. I spoke to a lady out in the Leopardstown office last week who had been dealing directly with Cathal. She admitted that there was fault on both side - theirs and the builders. It may be difficult to get to speak to somebody over the telephone who knows what the latest update is. Calling the regular customer service is like banging your head against a brick wall - they could do with lessons in how to treat customers!

When we were on site on Monday morning we spoke with an ESB guy who was installing a load of meters at once. So from what we saw - they aren't doing it on an individual basis.

We still don't know where we stand re closing. Our solicitor has gone into one of his non-communication modes so we're in the dark at the minute.

Hi All again!

Thank god I'm not the only one. Bron - the 1850 372 757 number was the one I called this morning. I think you're all in Block D whereas I'm not - I'm in Block C so maybe that's why mine may take longer but I will certainly try and see if they can do mine tomorrow along with the rest of you.
Bord Gais never mentioned that the electiricity needs to be on first before they come out. This is really a mess for us particularly for those of us who are supposed to be closing tomorrow. My solicitor has gone into silence mode as well! Haven't heard a peep out of them since this morning. I'm getting a little bit worried about it all now! How many of you are getting your electricity done tomorrow??? Just so I can argue my case to ESB!!! All help would be appreciated!!!!

Just got word from the solicitor and and I'm now scheduled to close on Wednesday instead - with no interest being charged to me! Phew! Just hope we connected up by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back