RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neve - you will need to get an ESB certificate from the site foreman (Cathal) and then drop it into the ESB in Leopardstown. I tried calling Bord Gais today and they told me that I would need to take a meter reading before they could transfer the account into my name - so if anybody is yet to do their snag make sure that you get your meter reading. Our snag had nothing major on it - cosmetic issues - but they all add up! Our appliances were fitted (with the exception of the hob).

Yeah, you have to get the power connected. You probably already got the cert from Cathal which has the MPRN no on it. I talked to the ESB today and they told me to send that and a letter with my number to there offices in Leopardstown. Apparently they can't arrange a connection over the phone. Seems abit long winded to me.
My surveyor said he'll come back to snag the bathroom and electrics when it's turned on as there was no proper light for him to do the bathroom. He also advised me to get the gas connected so he can check the rads.
All my kitchen appliances were fitted. I presume thats what you're talking about. Did they definately say you would get them cos they were saying if you didn't sign the contract within 2/3 weeks of putting down booking deposit they wouldn't include kitchen appliances.

So I have to get the meter read??? Thanks for that. Wonder if they'll let me on site at wkend.

I'm not sure about getting on site at the weekend. Also I'm not sure if the meters are down in the hall or in the individual apartments (I'd imagine they are in the hall at the entrance to facilitate meter readings). I'll try to drop out next week at some stage and see if I can get into read it. If you call Bord Gais and let them know what number you are living in they will tell you what your meter number is.

Dimple,
I rang bord gais today and they were able to set me up with account without the meter being read. He said he had a meter reading in front of him. Maybe ring them up again and see if they can connect you.

Bron

I spoke to somebody else in Bord Gais today and got the same story from them about needing a meter reading! She said they have no details of meter readings from Shannon Homes - the only way she could open the account would be to start it from zero - but it has been installed for 2 months so I don't want to do that. Apparently Shannon Homes are locking the meters on Wednesday and she advised me to get the meter reading before then. Mixed signals from Bord Gais!

Thats so strange. I hope he's set me up properly but he gave me an account number and arranged for them to come out on Wed to turn it on and check the boiler etc. I had to cancel that in the end cos the power isn't switched on yet. I asked him about the meter reading and he said it was at 5 ????
Does anyone know how long it takes for the ESB to connect the supply? Cathal rang me this avo and told me all my snags should be fixed by Wed but I need power to fully complete the list.

Maybe the fact that you are in block f makes it different?! Oh well I'm off on study leave at the minute so I'll head out tomorrow to see if I can get a reading (gives me an excuse to get away from the books!).

That's a pretty quick turnaround re the snag list - we faxed ours over to Cathal today.

I'm not sure about ESB connection time. How do we find out if it has been turned on?

Hello all,
Am in Block D and snagged last week. (this is a great help-site by the way!). Was all confused about what to do about the electricity and gas connection to check with the snag. I have a friend who bought in Shankill and their developers had actually connected their gas and electricity for them in the developers name, then simply transferred my friends name on signing and closing of the contract. - Easy. I was hoping that something like this was going to happen. Not to be, but no matter.

Just rang Cathal this morning about connecting the power and gas etc. He told me that the ESB cert that he issues is confirmation from the ESB that the electricity is working in the apartment.

I was concerned about sending in a snag without having completed any thorough checks on the sockets and switches, but he advised to send in what we have for the moment (mostly cosmetic by the way) and if anything arises from the sockets, switch, extractor fan, etc checks, they'll look after that. He'd prefer to get started on what we have so far. Makes sense.

The way I look at it, they're going to be on site for a while more completing the shops/restaurant block as well as the final block in front of the shops. (although block Z didn't get planning permission in the end).

Again, thanks for all the postings and help.

Hi
I rang ESB today and they told me it can take up to 10 working days for them to connect the power. They told me to ring again this day week to check if it's connected.
Looks like we'll have to take Cathel's word that he'll fix any electrical faults after closing. I'm not one to trust builders!!!

10 working days seems very long for the ESB. It would make sense if they came out and did a whole load of them together which might speed up the process. We got our closing letter today for 9th June - which is 13 working days away!

Does anybody know if broadband will be available in the development? According to NTL they cannot provide it.

Dimple I think we are set up with Magnet if you give them a call they should be able to fill you in 867 3690 [broken link removed]

I wasn't going to bother trying them as Cathal said Magnet hadn't decided which apartments would be able to use their service?! I'll give them a buzz to see what they say.

Has anyone got their power connected yet? I'v to close by the 2nd June. Wish I was the 9th too as I'v still loads to sort out and I'm soo stressed!

I spoke with the ESB out in Leopardstown and they told me there has been a delay getting the development hooked up due a problem with the address. They are hoping to get it sorted next week. So I don't think anybody has power yet.

Hi Dimple,

In relation to the broadband, would you not try out Clearwire? I am using that & find it brilliant... All you have to do is put the box (about the size of an A5 pad) by a window & plug it in. It costs 30 euro p/m for the first 6 months & 40 euro p/m after that. No call out charges, no installation fee. I have checked out their website & we have coverage for Rockview. Might worth a look.
www.clearwire.ie

I rang ESB this morning and they told me theres a problem with connecting because the builders haven't given the ESB a notice of completion of the works and until thats issues they won't connect.
This is getting ridiculous!

Have you tried NTL?

I've just bought in Phoenix Park Racecourse and they're doing the install there.

Broadband and digital tv at the end of a cable, happy days!

Hey there,
I just picked up my ESB Cert from Cathal this afternoon and dropped it straight into the ESB in Leopardstown. I asked when they expected to complete the connections etc and was told that they would do them all next week as there was "a geansai load" of them to be done!
Cathal did advise however to keep after them as they have been slow lately.

ps. It's beginning to look much better up there. The landscaper was up there putting in plants and seeding the grass areas. The road is open all the way down now past our turnoff and the security hut is at the next block down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back