Robinhood Europe Paying 5%

There is no time limit.

When Robinhood EU launched the offer initially there was a time limit. Then Robinhood EU lifted the time limit. I.e. No expiry date. But the email still references a time limit (they probably never updated the auto email) but there is no time limit. That said, this offer will obviously end at some stage and should be treated as a promo.

Regarding the referral posts that were above, I have deleted them. Please use the dedicated referral thread only.
 
Thanks for highlighting this offer
i'm getting an "email error" on trying to sign up though!! I'll try again in a while might be some temporary issue
 
Thanks for highlighting this offer
i'm getting an "email error" on trying to sign up though!! I'll try again in a while might be some temporary issue
I downloaded the app and registered just now and didn't have any problems. My identity id details (passport and photo) are now in the process of being checked.

Edit: I just noticed that the SMS text message that they sent to verify my phone number was flagged as "Likely scam". Maybe they didn't register with ComReg?
 
Last edited:
Seems like a good offer, I'd be torn between this and the Trading 212 3.5% offer, Robinhood have had their fair share of issues in the US, what are people's thoughts on keeping money there?
 
what are people's thoughts on keeping money there?

Your money (if you opt in) is held in a JP Morgan MMF. Your money is held in very low risk investments in a major European MMF that should have a constant NAV. It is, by any reasonable assessment, very low risk.

Your money very briefly passes through a Robinhood segregated client money account, which is held with a European bank, on the way to the JPM MMF. Again, it is, by any reasonable assessment, very low risk.

Robinhood are one of the world's largest brokers with over 27 million customers. A lot of the issues they had in the US were teething issues at the start.

I personally think the risk is exceptionally low.
 
Last edited:
PTSB blocked my transfer (as they often do with new international payees) but the block was lifted after I phone them on the number provided.
 
My id verification is still pending. Can I transfer money to them now or do I have to wait? I can't see anything on the app about where to transfer money to...
 
When I click the "Learn about Robinhood" link in the app I get this, but there's no app update available in the Google Play Store.

1000028257.webp


The version installed is "Version 2026.27.1 com.robinhood.global".
 
My id verification is still pending. Can I transfer money to them now or do I have to wait? I can't see anything on the app about where to transfer money
Profile (bottom right) --- Transfer Money -- Your Robinhood IBAN appears. The transfer is via SEPA Instant.

If you can't see your IBAN maybe it is because your account is not verified yet.

I would think that you should not do a transfer until your account is verified anyway.

My verification took just a few minutes. Maybe the weekend is delaying yours.
 
Thanks. I don't have that option so I guess that I'll have to wait until the id verification completes first. Mind you, with the very washed out photo on my new passport which has failed for every other finance id check that I've tried recently I'm not holding my breath... :confused:
 
@ClubMan the bank has now stopped my transfer of funds to robinhood app due to fraud alert, has anyone else had this issue?
I did a test transfer there last week with BOI and had the same issue, got a call within about 5 minutes and was told that the next time I try the transfer should go through (which it did).
 
Once transferred and the yield on euros is activated, do you just leave the money where it is when you deposited or does it need to be moved somewhere?
 
@ClubMan mine took longer, hang in there, and as the other poster said, the bank approved it in the end albeit low amounts which I can understand to reduce risk, you guys are all so helpful, this is a great community!

Got some free crypto lol, want to sell bit I'm sure with ts and cs I have to sell at a certain point, nonsense really but I'll take free money
 
Do Robinhood have any charges to open/maintain an account? I can't see anything apart from a 0.1% charge for each FX transaction.
 
As I expected my id verification failed as it has every other time with every other online bank due to the really washed out photo on my new passport. Sigh... :confused:
 
Back
Top