Robinhood Europe Paying 5%

Lightning

Registered User
Messages
5,912
The big US broker Robinhood recently launched in Europe with a limited crypto and tokens product but will expand their offer from there.

Robinhood Europe are paying 5% on euro interest balances via a JP Morgan MMF. Interest is paid monthly.

Robinhood Europe makes a "contribution" on top of the JP Morgan MMF monthly interest/distribution to bring the return up to 5%.

The JP Morgan MMF has a constant NAV of 1.

I guess that the daily interest/distribution, via the MMF, is subject to the exit tax rate of 38% but no 8 year deemed disposal because there will be no unrealised gain.

Is the "contribution" also subject to 38% tax?

22k investor protection applies.

This offer has no expiry date but is likely a promo in all but name. Robinhood Europe is using this offer and referrals to draw in customers.

Some limited detail is here but most detail is inside the app.

Requires opt in.
 
Last edited:
Amazing if this is the case!
Only €22K deposit protection though.
 
@ClubMan who cares
I wouldn't put more on deposit with an individual institution than is covered by the relevant deposit guarantee scheme.
you guys do such a great job updating this website honestly
The savings best buys lists are maintained by @Lightning more or less single handedly.
 
I wouldn't put more on deposit with an individual institution than is covered by the relevant deposit guarantee scheme.
I used to always think this, but now I'm not sure.
There was a discussion on here about whether many depositors had actually lost some of there deposits over the guarantee figure.
If I recall right only 1 western bank had defaulted on depositors in the last 50 years and this bank had now repaid in full.
I can't find the thread but I'm sure you @ClubMan will be able to!
 
I can't find the thread but I'm sure you @ClubMan will be able to!
This one?
 
Where do you see 5%?

I signed up and I'm earning 5%.

The detail are in the app. They email the details to you too after you opt in. See below.

1000027455.webp
 
Last edited:
Is the 5% guaranteed to be paid?

My understanding is the 22k is just a protection on Robinhood being unable to pay.
 
Back
Top