I've heard of people who'd take the eye out of your head but not the hair off it.Whatever about fire or loss through illness, theft puzzles me? Was America really that lawless back in the late 60s?
I've heard of people who'd take the eye out of your head but not the hair off it.Whatever about fire or loss through illness, theft puzzles me? Was America really that lawless back in the late 60s?
A remarkable woman. She overcame significant hardships and obstacles (including being rapes as a child actor) while always remaining true to herself.Claudia Cardinale has died aged 87.
One of the most beautiful women ever to appear on the silver screen.
Starred in Once upon a time in the West & the hugely chaotic Fitzcarraldo.
May the sod rest gently on her.
Martin MansergH has died, age 78.
I also believe his work on the peace process guarantees his legacy amongst reasonably thinking people.
And of seeing people in the context of their time.And I would imagine that "reasonably thinking people" (sic) are those capable of putting everything on the scales, before deciding on the legacy that applies.
And of seeing people in the context of their time.
Well you're doing very well for your age but your memory isn't the best since he didn't make the trains run on time. He did continue and in some incidents increase the level of investment in rail infrastructure which ha commenced after the First world War but it was still the case that during his rule most trains continued to be late.As a long-suffering Italian commuter in the 1930's, I always admired Mussolini for making the trains run on time.
Anyway, I'm not sure what that's got to do with seeing people in the context of their time.
They might, but they are absolutely incorrect. A person's legacy must be something they actually achieved.But my point was that, if you ask the man in the street what Mussolini's legacy was, they're very likely to tell you that he made the trains run on time!
Charlie did the country some service...(Just as Mansergh's legacy is likely to be that he was Charlie's biggest apologist. Or that he was behind one of the most toe-curlingly dreadful books ever published in Ireland!)