Registering & hosting .ie

This topic opened with the above post, yet within two posts Hosting365 did exactly what the requestor was complaining about.

This comment is not just directed at 365, it seems that 365, Blacknight and other hosting companies keep a constant presence on these forums(in fact 365 have multiple accounts), when ever a topic is started on Web Hosting, the theme is manipulated in favour of the various companies whilst putting down any posts which show them in a bad light (thinly disguised as "unbias" advice and information)

Time & time again each topic deteriorates into a thinly veiled marketing campaign for these ever present hosting company representatives.

I notice that the web hosting board on boards.ie has been shut down due to the negative activities of the hosting companies - these forums are a brilliant resource when the contributors are independent.

As for the boasting of being the larger companies - this is a bit like being a lorry driver - just becoz you drive the biggest vehicle it doesn't make you the best driver.

I for one will be looking at what UK & USA hosting providers have to offer before making up my mind and I would recommend that anyone including the initial poster should carry out their own research and take any advice they receive here with a pinch of salt.

Kind Regards

Joe

I also find it rather annoying. It seems no one can talk about anything to do with hosting or domains without one (or both) of the big two hosting companies coming along and advertising their services.

If I was a mortgage broker, and I advertised my services every time someone asked a question about houses, I would have been banned a long time ago.

I do not understand why hosts are allowed freely pimp their services.

Even on a basic level, both hosts come across very badly in their replies, and always degrade topics into tit for tat fight, and generally ruin most hosting or domain related topics.

I know both hosts will come along now and say they are not advertising their services, but rather are offering helpful advice, but we all know every post they make is either about how big they are or how unreliable or small the competition are.

I also find it rather annoying...
If you read the full thread again you will find that in the majority of cases, the Irish hosts are only replying to posts by other members who insist on telling everyone to go to the US, UK or India, etc. for their services, or to clarify misleading statements made by members about Irish prices/services etc. In my opinion they are perfectly entitled to do this regardless of the medium or platform.

The OP clearly stated the names of at least two Irish companies he was considering. In my opinion that justifies the inclusion of those respective members in the conversation.

No Marge - you will be charged the same you paid or less (we dont have hidden charges or funny things like that in ours T&C's).

The posted was referring to the fact that we are working on a migration solution to move existing customers to our new platform - customers on the old platform were paying much more for the hosting that we currently charge.

At the moment, we are manually moving customers to the new plans on request, while our developers work on an automated solution.

I repeat, you will not be charged more than you paid for year 1, for years 2+

Hi,

Is the automated solution in place now for migrating existing customers or do they all still need to know that they need to contact you to manually migrate to the correctly priced plans.

I have been watching your website for details and have seen nothing yet.

Back