recently been proposed to, booked a venue, how much will it all cost?

Got married in Killiney castle earlier this year, very nice. My wife got her dress from a place that sells cat walk dresses, although she couldn't wear it as she had a "bump" when the date came around, so had to get another one. we saved money by not having flowers in the church, they cost a fortune.
We also went to our local print shop and got plain invites very cheaply. We didn't need a car or transport for guests as we had the service in Killiney church across the road from the castle. There are savings to be made everywhere. And if your venue say they don't negotiate don't belive them, every business negotiates.

my mother has taken it upon herself to book an app for me to go to the oxfam wedding shop and i am defo going!!!!

most of the dresses are new anyway!!

I know someone who recently paid e100 in Oxfam Bridal on Georges Street for a dress that retails at about e2000 and it was in the sale in Oxfam! It is gorgeous, needs a small amount of fixing, one or two loose threads (maybe that's why it was on sale) and will need to be dry cleaned. It is a fantastic idea however you need to have a good look about, use your imagination as there is no manequins, you can't order it in another size and there's no sales assistants, plush surroundings etc. to make you fell special. It's not exactly a magicial bridal dress shopping experience that some brides want. Not me mind you but a lot of brides will not be up for it.

For what it's worth my wedding later this year should come in at about e14,000. That's for 130 guests. The meal will cost the lions share at about e10,000. Needless to say we are not having too many "extras" and are lucky enough to have a number of friends able to provide music, photography, flowers etc as gifts as they happen to work in those areas.

We're not compromising on anything important to us but we're not having vintage cars, favours, fairylight backdrops, seat covers etc. and to some people not having these is compromising.

Hi Wicklowlass

There was recently an article in a national newspaper regarding Mrs Quin's charity shops.

They have apparently opened a bridal shop in Loughrea, Co. Galway selling new, but last seasons, bridal dresses (like anyone is gonna know if they are this seasons or last seasons!!!! :rolleyes:)

Apparently they get there stock donated from local and regional bridal shops at the end of each season. I believe that they are sold between 300-900 euro - well below what you would pay in the bridal shops!!

Not sure what the phone number or website is because the article was a couple of weeks ago, but i assume if you google Mrs Quin you should come up with something.

As far as I remember the bridal range is only in the Galway shop - this might be too far away from Wicklow, but you could always make a weekend of it!! ;)

Best of luck

thanks clodaghk, my daughter shares your name !! i will look into that thanks a mill!!

Back