Plastering prices?

Re: Plastering prices???

Strange how people are always more than happy to fork out incredible amounts of up to twenty grand for kitchens, without batting an eye, talk about a license to print money !!!

Got a quote for 14k labour to plaster my 2700 sq ft house and 216 sq ft garage. The externals of the house are to be done with white painted plaster. This price is for labour only - just wondering how does that price sound in todays climate??

paid €13,000 cash last year. €5,000 for the outside and €8,000 for the inside. windows and doors all have a plastered in frame round them, corner stones plastered in on house and garage all the way round.
Three storey house with 14 rooms in it, house is just under 3,000 sq ft and garage is two storey 70 sq mtrs. we coziboarded the insides of external walls but thats not included in this price, that was another job. paid €5,000 cash to have the whole house plasterboarded. this was labour only for both jobs. excellent job, this plasterer guy is now going to Australia and has had his fantastic house of 4,500 sq ft repossessed ! sad end for some. we could have probably got cheaper at the time if we looked about it but we knew this guy well and he came highly recommended within my home village and we had seen lots of his work. We live in the UK so knew we could trust him to get on with it in our absence.

Paying 14K for 4500sq foot house. 7k outside with sand/cement, 7K inside mostly just a skimcoat.

Think its a good price but we were looking for a very plain finsh, no patent reveals, bands, cornerstones, etc...

Got a price of 9000 for 2200sq foot bungalow - thought that sounded ok - beginning to wonder now!:confused:

That's not a bad price at all. Think you've got a case of post-purchase disonnace.

:rolleyes: your prob right!!!
Getting a bit bogged down with pricing this, that and the other!
Wish I could afford a building contractor , gettin a bit sick of this and building hasn't even begun yet!:(
My new mantra - 'it'll be worth it in the end!':D

tyrekicker, now i know why you need so much of that white Crown paint ! - that's a small castle !

We paid €20k labour only for 3,100sq ft house & detached garage. Inside & out, excl supply of plasterboard but incl. fitting of plasterboard. Smooth render finish. Very happy with the work so far - neighbour also used this guy to redo his house after a botch job from another contractor!

tyrekicker, now i know why you need so much of that white Crown paint ! - that's a small castle !

I know :eek:, starting building nearly 2 years ago during the boom....
Looking ofr the bargains now to finish it off....

Recent quote: €8500 for external and internal plastering of 3000 sq foot house.

Hi RMDT,

I'm paying €9k for external and Internal plastering for 2800 sq ft house and 600 sq ft garage with upstairs. Plasterer has done excellent job.
Got local guys to do ceiling boards and drylying all exterior walls of house for €1.5K.

Another Plasterer wanted 15K but included those wide bands around the windows. Pays to shop around

12.5k for plastering 2700 square feet. Remember that its not all about the lowest quote, if you are getting a really low quote you need to make sure that it will be a god finish as it is painful sanding down walls and ceiling after a poor plasterer.

Recent quote: €8500 for external and internal plastering of 3000 sq foot house.

Wherabouts are you located, cunningham?
Would your plasterer be interested in some work in the Wexford area, do you think?
(maybe you would pm me his name and contact details?!)

hi were ready for plastering a 314sqm bungalow next month in Wexford. Were looking for quotes - anyone know a good plasterer in Wexford?

Got my plastering done on the external so far 2k. Very very happy with it. Sponge finish. The guy is going to do the internal for 3.5k. 2200 sq.ft dormer bungalow in the Meath area. Cant believe the prices some of you are being quoted.

Has anyone got a rough price to fit insulated plaster slabs to all external walls and standard plaster slabs to internal studwork?

I think too many people here are concentrating too much on costs. Obviously cost is an important issue but the main issue should be QUALITY! and at a reasonable price. Remember a bad plastering job will have to be lived with. Also don't divide the money charged by how many days on site and think the plasterer is rolling in it, believe me a lot of plasterers really earn their money and would do 2 norma;l days work in a day. If any ordinary "joe / josephine soap" does not believe me, go away and buy a hawk and trowel and put a shovel of cement onto it and see if you are able to do the job. I once priced a house for a builder and subbed the job to a friend of mine who was a lot quicker than me and the builder said that if he hadn't seen it with his own eyes he would not believe that the work was done in so little time - and the job was perfect! A good plasterer is worth his money as he is leaving the finished wall which you will always see. I think people should concentrate more on heat loss and insulation / airtightness etc. Thats where a house haemorrages money. Anyone building on cost alone should go away at the end of the build when you are living in the house with the heating on and get a thermal image test done thats when you will rue the day you built on a cost basis. A quality build will pay back over a short period of time

It's a shoppers market . Labour is cheap inthe current economical
Climate . What ever you decide to do get 1 room done first so you
Can inspect the quality of work

Regards , Dee

Back