Plastering prices?

newname

Hi,

I was quoted €12000 labour to plaster a 2400sq foot house inside and out. Plasterer states it should take 3 weeks to finish. Thats €4000 per week.

Does this seem expensive?

Re: Plastering prices???

What external finish are you going for i.e dry dash,monocouche etc is he doing the plasterboarding as well?

its smooth plaster finish, no I have to get the plasterboarding done myself

If you get a decent standard of work for E5 psf ..... go for it.

What sort of price are others getting charged these days?

We got a quote of €11k labour for a 3000 sq ft house - inside and out.

We got a good few quotes and there were a few around this price - ut other prices were up around the 16k mark.

I only had a small job (insulating "internal" external walls to property).
The guy that did the job was extremely professional, very quick and a lovely guy to boot. He gave the best price by a mile and it included skimming which the others wanted extra for.

Killeen Plastering - Leixlip 087 7655843

No relation, just very satisfied customer.

12000 seems abit expensive I think around the 4 euro psf or 10000.There should be around 250 boards or 750 m2 of skim @ 6 euro m2 is 4500 this still leaves 5500 for the external you could get a monocouche or sand cement finish for that price although the monocouche materials would be more expensive than a sand cement finish.

I only had a small job (insulating "internal" external walls to property).
The guy that did the job was extremely professional, very quick and a lovely guy to boot. He gave the best price by a mile and it included skimming which the others wanted extra for.

Killeen Plastering - Leixlip 087 7655843

No relation, just very satisfied customer.

Hi butterflyj,
How much work did you get done & how much did it cost?

I feel that €5 per square foot is a little expensive in the present climate. Although he is providing scaffolding also and when I priced that it would have come to 2000 to supply and fit this... So I would need someone to come in with a price of less than 10000 to make it worth my while getting someone else at this stage.

Plastering is one of those jobs that is suprisingly expensive. I had work done recently for €16 pere sq metre but remember there is usually two coats on each side.
That price excludes materials.

I beat that price on a different job by 40% by hiring a plastering contracter who subbed the job to a polish team.

Consider pumped on render for the outside - Its one coat and they can work off a teleporter reducing the need for mega expensive scaffolding.

Plastering is also one of those jobs where the finished product may not be to your liking. I found the quality to vary greatly. A contracter can change the subies without recourse to you getting involved if this happens.

I feel that €5 per square foot is a little expensive in the present climate. Although he is providing scaffolding also and when I priced that it would have come to 2000 to supply and fit this... So I would need someone to come in with a price of less than 10000 to make it worth my while getting someone else at this stage.

Why do you get quotes based on the floor area of your house rather than surface area?

Joejoe

Spend an hour ringing a few plasterers and ask for a rough estimate on the phone. It will give you the best idea for your area of the country. You might be greatly surprised.

Hi Fanto1,

I had additional plasterboards put on my external "internal" walls. I have a typical 3 bedroom end of terrace house. These were to provide additional insulation to my house as I have had a big problem with condensation. Our house is made entirely of solid concrete including all of the internal non load bearing walls.

I paid €2,500 for 3 upstairs bedrooms and one wall downstairs to be done.

I had qutoes from 4 plasterers and 3 out of the 4 were going to just slab and then put lining on the joins. Skimming would be extra. These plasterers were all quoting around the €2500 without skimming.

The plasterer I used bolted the plasterboard to the wall and used fibreglass mesh over the bolts and joins and then skimmed all the walls.

Butterfly, can I ask if you had all four walls in the bedrooms done with plasterboard?
I am trying to get quotes for just one bedroom - outside wall insulated and soundproofing one inside wall. Same in the livingroom with new window boards and skirting and several new electric sockets. Fireplace removal and new one built. Got quote for 7000euro. Seems very high. Anyone any idea of costs for insulation/soundproofing. Is there a big difference in the cost of material for both of these. Instalation of sockets coming in at 50euro each!!
Any guide prices would be great. Thanks

hi Paddylast,

I only needed the 2 walls of each bedroom done (end of terrace - exterior walls). I did not need an electrician (in theory) as my partner is an electrical engineer (still waiting for the DIY to be done by partner!).

Give Ciaran a ring for the plastering. Otherwise in the past we have used for other work eg. small plumbing jobs [broken link removed] We got a great plumber out of this.

regards
Sylv

Can anybody recommend good Polish Plasterers in Roscommon area-Please PM if so

How does €16,000 sound for a 3000sq ft H shaped split level bungalow? It includes smooth plaster finish on outside, sand/cement scratch coat internal, putting up insulated boards on external walls, slabbing of ceilings and then skimming out inside. The plaster is very good and has done a few house that I know quite well.

Back