Plasma Screen

Decided

It's gonna be the Philips 5421 42' LCD

Reduced to 1299 !

mmmm Ps3 perhaps !

MRC if you don't mind me asking where did you get this price from? Also was there any particular shop you found better than all the rest for choice, advice and price? Don't really want to but off the internet for a number of reasons. SSIA due in soon and thinking about treating myself to a 42" also.

Last edited:
That's the price listed online (i.e. the shop price) with powercity.ie.

Though if you reserve/quote it online it drops to : €1221.96 !

MRC if you don't mind me asking where did you get this price from? Also was there any particular shop you found better than all the rest for choice, advice and price? Don't really want to but off the internet for a number of reasons. SSIA due in soon and thinking about treating myself to a 42" also.

1299 at the following stores :
Philips (corner of dmae street and georges street)
Power City
Harvey Norman

look what caught my attention in Harvey Normans while lookin at The LCDs at lunch

[broken link removed]

looks the business... no messy runs of cables.

Anyone seen them around or know anyone that got 1 ?

Cheers

FYI - Panasonic are doing 5 years parts & warranty on the panasonic viera models just for May

best plasma tv panasonic, just buy commercial monitor, no tuner inside,better parts i..e for commercial use designed to last longer, best color in dark scenes no greys when it should be black. do not rate philips, sony over priced and poor picture quality. best thing about new panasonic plasma monitors you can change/upgrade imputs to avail of new tech.these monitors are used in airports to display info. panasonic 8uk 42,50,65 inch monitors. best hd picture and ed picture without doubt.

I've bought Panasonic TH-42 PV 60 E last year, quite satisfied, great picture, ...

I've only gone and done it...

Ended up buying this LCD:

[broken link removed]

accompanied by this:

[broken link removed]

Neighbours Beware !!

Hi, I'm looking to buy that pair (Sharp 42" and Yamaha Sound projector).

The best price i've seen so far is in Powercity - €1799 (LCD) & €699 (Projector).

How much and where did you buy these?

Thanks
K

I paid 1899 for the TV and 700 for the Yamaha...

I got a few quid off them as Mrs.MrC bought her all her "Neff" kitchen appliances at the same time....

Just waiting for them to be hooked up !

I paid 1899 for the TV and 700 for the Yamaha...

I got a few quid off them as Mrs.MrC bought her all her "Neff" kitchen appliances at the same time....

Just waiting for them to be hooked up !

Oh and I bought them in Hardly Normal

Cool, think I'll do something similar with Powercity.

Let me know how the TV looks after you hook it up.

Thanks

K

From the reviews on the net and the magazine reviews...

This is a pretty cool TV

I've read on one of the AV sites that there has been cases of manufacturers refusing to honour warranties if the flat panel was over a fire place. So in the event do not admit to it being close to any heat source.

To mrc,

How are you finding your new TV? Are you happy with the picture?

I'm thinking of getting a sound projector - have you tested yours out?

Thanks

K

Back