Pedicure & Dermalogica facial

it does sound expensive alright and cahir, do they do face mapping for you and where bouts you get yours?

Westmanstown Fitness centre - they are agents for Dermologica. Wife had both done there recently (predicure and facial)

it does sound expensive alright and cahir, do they do face mapping for you and where bouts you get yours?

Yep, they do the facial mapping every time. I have a regular person who does my facials now so she knows my skin well at this stage.

Average charge for this facial is €50 - €60, and they should always skin map for you. I've been having them for years and always use Dermalogica on my skin. €85 is alot for a hour long treatment.

Jenny, lightly buff your toes to remove the staining and always use a base coat before applying polish. If you are going for a pedicure the therapist/nail tech should do this for you anyway.

i thought that was a bit high alright. would you recommend it anyway?

i never thought of buffing thanks for that:D

i thought that was a bit high alright. would you recommend it anyway?

i never thought of buffing thanks for that:D

Therapie is a lovely salon and they are big on retail so I'm sure they'll talk you round buying the reccomended products. This can be quite alot! At the moment I have PreCleanse, Dermal Clay Cleanser, Skin Prep Scrub, Multi Active Toner, Sheer Moisture, Active Moist, Special Clearing Booster, Sun Protection Booster and a host of other masks and exfoliators. So they'll probably talk you into some of it so maybe be prepared! I get mine trade price through work before you all ask me am I mad!

i was just thinking how do you afford that?? was goin to buy the travel pack for 40 euros on wow-woman to see if there stuff was any good.

Buy the recommended stuff on Strawberrynet. They don't seem to have a lot at the moment though and I'm running out of my salon sized skin smoothing cream! One of the best products is the Daily Microfoliant.

I wouldn't pay that much for the facial knowing that it's cheaper in other salons. Ring others mentioned before booking Therapie.

I agree with you Cahir, I love Daily Microfoliant too, great for getting tan off elbows and heels as well. Have heard about strawberry net before but never used it, what's delivery like?

Jenny these kits are good, they last for a while as the products are very rich and you only need a little. If you have Oily/Combination skin, you'll love Dermal Clay, your face feels sooo clean after using it.

The delivery on Strawberrynet is usually great although the last time I was caught for customs so it worked out a little bit more expensive (although still cheaper than buying from a salon). The products usually arrive within a week.

hi,

Regarding facials in general, I find an extreme source of annoyance when I was short changed recently in two city centre salons for a facial. If the time on the brochure says an hour and a half for example then that is what you should get as that is what you pay for. In FAB South Anne St. I paid €120 for a facial that should have lasted 75 minutes, but in fact only got one hour. Therapie also are guilty of this. On both occasions I was kept waiting for my appointment. I will not return to either. Anyone else find this problem?

have been on strawberrynet alright and they are cheaper than wow woman. havent actually bought anything off them yet but they have a huge range of products so i cant see you having any trouble getting make up off them.

roxy have normal skin but its a bit sensitive, also good tip for the tan, thanks, i have to use those bath gloves to get mine off. which are great exfoliators.

In regard to Therapie, I found the facial to be good.... but the reason I like the Buff is that you get the full time alloted and don't feel like you're being pushed out the door as soon as its over.....Generally, I have a lovely nap and find the included massage that they give to the shoulders and neck to be excellent - you can specify in advance if you like soft/medium/firm massage.
Frankly, a facial should do lots of things- namely clean your skin thoroughly (and this should definitely include extraction!), last for at least 60 minutes if thats whats advertised, relax you and certainly not have you worrying about how much money you have to pay for it.
Plus, they don't bug you too much trying to sell you products that you can get far cheaper on the net!

roxy have normal skin but its a bit sensitive, also good tip for the tan, thanks, i have to use those bath gloves to get mine off. which are great exfoliators.

Try Ultra Calming Cleanser so, this is lovely too.

ultra calming, sounds lovely. must order some off strawberry so. ive heard so many good things bout dermalogica.

disgusting question but for the pedicure, do they remove dead skin? have never had a pedicure, and i cant cope with feet at all thats why i wanted one done

Yes, they remove dead skin by srubbing and softening- but if your feet are ..well ... bad !:eek: ..you might want to go to a chiropodist!

disgusting question but for the pedicure, do they remove dead skin? have never had a pedicure, and i cant cope with feet at all thats why i wanted one done

They should yes, to a certain extent, however, if it is particularly bad, a client may be referred to a chiropodist . But I'm sure yours are just lovely Jenny ;) .

Back