Paying for Ryanair flights with EntroPay?

What is the yearly fee on the card ?
There is no annual fee. In theory, you load up your Entropay card with as much money as you want and that will then be available to spend forever. In practice, many people have reported that if a small sum is left in the Entropay account, it might magically disappear. I guess you could call that a small fee :).

I am trying to open account on eletron card site but have selected stg. and still wont validate for me or let me proceed with email address.Anyone know what the problem could be?Have tried putiing country in as Ireland and then England but cannot get any further with application.

I cannot tell why it is getting stuck for you but I know for sure it is not the country: Entropay allow Sterling accounts with an Irish address; so that is not the issue.

Is the Electron card not better value as from what I've heard its a one off fee of €10 for a single transaction, so if you know you are going to take X amount of flights in a year, just load it up once for a tenner?

@tosullivan: Which Electron do you mean? The Entropay card is a Visa Electron even though Entropay do not advertise it as such. Loading fee is 4.95% of the total amount. There are many other companies offering Electron cards. I am sure their terms will differ. Entropay is simply the most popular one here because it is readily accessible over the Internet.

undo, I was talking to someone last night who used someones Visa Electron Card to book flights on Ryanair and it cost them €10 to transfer the funds...
From that I guessed they were different cards ?????

"Using a Visa Electron" is like "using a Laser card" - there is only one thing called "Visa Electron" just like there is only one thing known as "Laser card". But there are many banks issuing those and each sets their own terms and conditions. It is very well possible there is some place that does Visa Electron with a one-off €10 charge. If you are booking more expensive flights, this might be a better deal than Entropay's offer. If you ever find out what bank does these €10 Electron cards, you might want to post it here for the benefit of other AAM users.

Hi

signed up this morning for an entropay account. loaded it with £53 sterling (to cover flights). Card begins with 4101 but Ryanair site still refuses it. I'm correct in assuming that my entropay card is a visa electron in the ryanair card selection menu?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Booked flight for 4 with ryanair. Total came to 158 euros. To avoid 40 euros credit card charge paid through entropay. Ended up costing 179 euros. Not sure it makes a whole lot of difference if only 2 or 3 people. You get caught in unfavourable exchange rates with Ryanair and entropay. If living in UK would make a big difference as you would not be changing currency.

It would seem that you did everything right: You set up a Sterling account, selected "Visa Electron" on Ryanair's website...

One thing to check maybe: Was your Entropay card not blocked by any chance? If you log into your Entropay account, does the card show up normally with the money on it? Entropay sometimes block new accounts and ask you to fax some documents before enabling them for good.

If that's not it then I am at a loss. I cannot see any mistakes in what you are doing.

Total came to 158 euros. To avoid 40 euros credit card charge paid through entropay. Ended up costing 179 euros.

Entropay is a better deal the more people are traveling and the cheaper each individual flight. Once the flights cost more than a certain amount, you stop saving money and end up paying more than Ryanair's CC charge. In your case, you still saved something. Had your flights been say €250, you probably would have overpaid. It always makes sense to quickly do the math before choosing a payment method. For €0.01 flights though, Entropay is always the better option...

Hi, I have just tried getting an entropay card via www.entropay.com and put in my Ireland address. It says my region is not supported and it says 'click here' for a list of countries that are - when I click on that list of countries Ireland is not there (Iceland is and Afghanistan and nearly everywhere else). I have sent a couple of mails to their customer support but got no response yet. Does anyone know if Ireland has been removed as a country entropay deal with recently, or am I doing something stupid like going to the wrong website? Thanks.

I just had a look on entropay and Ireland is showing. Its after Iraq.

It is there in the list when you fill in the form. Then when you enter the details it says:

Your Application Cannot Be Processed
Regrettably, we can only accept applications from users located in the countries or territories that currently support our payment services

It invites you to click on a link of countries that are allowed, and Ireland is not there.

Does anyone know if Ireland has been removed as a country entropay deal with recently, or am I doing something stupid like going to the wrong website? Thanks.

I used it this morning to pay for flights without any problem so we've not been removed.

I used it this morning to pay for flights without any problem so we've not been removed.

But can anyone get a new card set up putting in an Irish address now or has that functionality been removed? I presume you already had your card and did not try and get one today.

Mine is working fine too.
Have a look back at earlier threads in relation to Entropay. You will need to set-up your account as a STG£ account with a UK address to get a Visa Electron "card" commencing with the digits 4101... to book on Ryanair without paying the cc fee.

You will need to set-up your account as a STG£ account with a UK address
No. You need a Sterling account but a UK address is not required. Or at least it was not required so far. If they really have stopped offering the service to Irish customers, a UK address may be the only way to go now.

Their help desk has asked me for screenshots so it looks like it should not be happening. They asked about my IP address so it may be something I should do from home rather than work (though it is a pig without broadband). Ireland is just not appearing on the list of supported countries when I get an error message, but it is there at the start when I enter the address....hopefully it will be sorted soon!

Back