Paying for Ryanair flights with EntroPay?

lyonsie

I got my EntroPay a/c set up for the Ryanair 'free flights', only to get a reply like this:
Payment Error
Your card payment could not be processed because of one of the following reasons:

1. You have mistyped the card number or missed out some of the digits. Please go back to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter the card number again.
  2. The card type you have specified (e.g. Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron) does not match the card number supplied. Please go back to the previous (Payment) page and check that the card type selected is correct.
  3. You have incorrectly entered the Card Number into the Cardholders Name box. Please go back to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter the Card Number in the correct box.
  4. You have incorrectly entered the Cardholders Name into the Card Number box. Please go back to the previous (Payment) page and re-enter the Cardholders Name in the correct box.

Has anyone else tried to use their EntroPay card to purchase Ryanair flights, or am I doing something wrong.

Assuming you did the above correct, I think you had to choose £GB on the currency choise of card for it to work as Electron. Did you do this?

No, I chose euro, but looking at previous thread by NorfBank, re this subject it looks like he paid in euro....
any suggestions, are you out there NorfBank.....

hi .. am new here but want to say a big thanks to you all. Just found four flights on Ryanair dublin to liverpool for €16.00 in total .. great until they tried to charge me €40 for paying by visa. After reading this forum I joined up with Entropay didn't take long and was really easy .. yes did choose the GB currency option but used a Euro credit card to load funds .. I loaded £16.00 onto the virtual card and they charged me £0.79 to do this .. I then used it to book the flights with Ryanair and it was accepted with no problems at all .. in total the flights cost me less then €17.00!! thanks again everyone .. I travel with Ryanair a lot so the savings could be substantial :eek:)

Great. If you fly a lot, then it might be worthwhile to transfer 100/200 in one go and not have to transfer at a moments notice. Once or twice the entropay site has been down due to upgrading. Its great though not to have to pay any extra than you have to.

Though I have noticed the exchange rate applied to convert the euro flight charge into GBP to debit against the card is far from competitive. Is ryanair doing to this to make it less attractive? You still save money, but not as much in cases when the flight is around the €80 mark, compared to €16...

S.

I regularly use Entropay to avoid the cc fee when booking withj Ryanair.
As stated already , it will only work if you register for a STG£ account and your virtual Visa commences with the digits 4101.
This has saved me a tidy little sum.

I also got a Sterling Entropay card after reading the instructions in this Forum, and use it for Ryanair, or websites where I have not purchased before. It's worth it for Ryanair alone. Many thanks to earlier posters.
There is no extra charge on my credit card for transferring money into Entopay, but I haven't investigated the exchange rate used.

Hi, Thanks for the details about Entropay to buy Ryanair tickets. I have a question on registration. I live in Ireland and have Irish credit card. When I am register with ENTROPAY, I will choose GBP currency. But what about the address fields. Can I give my address in Ireland or some random address in UK?. Will there be any address verification?. -- Thank you regards -- beve

Yes, use irish address. Have saved a 'small fortune' since I opened mine. Flights to London in the middle of August for €1.00 (all in), and no cc charge with entropay.... bargains all the way.
Michael O Leary was on radio this evening blowing about no extra charges with ryanair (if you don't want them), but did not tell anyone how to get a 'visa electron' card in Ireland.... He wants the charges for as long as he can. But the cost of the flights would probably go up considerably if everyone knew how to avoid the cc charge.

I'm thinking of getting one of these, mainly to shop on amazon uk, so should I go for the sterling option, in order to get visa electron, I don't quite understand this electron thingy, but assume it's widely accepted in uk outside of amazon or is it.?

Kicking myself that I didn't see this thread before booking seven return flights to Stansted @€5 each way (€70) ...and then paying by Mastercard (+€70) :(

Also kicking myself that since the "sale" ended at midnight last Thursday, those same flights are now priced at ...€1 each way! :mad:

Don't want to appear too tick but will the electron card automtically debit your visa card for the flights or is it really a debit card in which you have to load the account and then proceed with the booking. And if so how would you determone along with the 4.95% what the currency exchange would be. I'm thinking now that electron must debit your visa card after you lodge the min £10. Do i assume also that this 10 stg is not dead money and is used as part of the Ryanair transaction.

So much for "trying" not to appear too tick!

To: Lyonsie

Your opening post stated problems with this electron card.

Obviously, things became right for you later.

Any chance you can post the way of going about getting this electron card.

What is the yearly fee on the card ?

Thanks

seems like this card can save you lots of money the cheaper the flight and the more you travel.

I just booked 4 flights on Monday for €600 in total. CC charge was €40 (4 people), but it would have cost me almost €30 for the transfer of funds, so not much of a saving this time around

I understand the charge of 40 euro (ordinary c.c) but why is it costing almost 30 euro for you to transfer funds.

Again maybe Lyonsie or indeed the last poster could expand a bit on the process.

4.95% transaction fee with Entropay.
€600 x 4.95% = €29.70

If the 4 flights came to say €50, the transaction fee would be 4.95% x €50 = c€2.50
The credit card charge would be fixed at €40 regardless of flight cost.

Entropay therefore is better value for cheaper flights, there is a threshold whereby paying the credit card charges make more sense.

Back