Parking ticket - for what?

Re: ..

Sunnyday, left foot braking is exclusively the domain of skilful drivers who need an edge over the competition. Roads a plenty dangerous enough without the average driver (God help us) employing rallying techniques.
Apart from that the average car is crap and advanced driving skills won't make a whit of difference to performance.

Agree that braking should be done with the right foot since you don't want to risk tangling your feet. It's a bit of a technicality but I don't think lightly touching the brake pedal is actually braking, the brake pedal in any car I've driven has a little bit of looseness (around 5-10 degrees) so that the brakelight comes on well before any braking takes place (possibly to give a fraction of a second of warning to cars behind). Is this little bit of play common to all cars?

I see that in UK they have recently launched a "safe driving on motorway" promotion, where they promote

* driving on the left in general
* moving to the right hand lane when overtaking
* moving back in again when safe to do so

Sounds familiar - where have I read this before?
A little-known volume called the Rules of the Road, perhaps? :)

A pity that most Irish motorway users feel divinely entitled to drive on the right lane at 60mph and refuse to move in for someone who wishes to drive faster. >:

I think that pretending to break so as to slow down a following driver is dangerous and inconsiderate.

James

Your name is too long and can distort the appearance of AAM. I have deleted you as a user, so you should be able to register again.

brendan

I had experience of driving on UK motorways over the summer and I'll take the quality of driving on the Irsih ones any time in comparision. I tried to drive at 70mph but was the only person on the road who thought that this was a good idea. I was over taken on the inside numerous times, cars arrowing out from the left lane to the 3rd lane and then back again. I was overtaken by a car doing over 100 and then pulled directly front of me without indicating and braked down to 60. My sister who was living in the UK at the time told me that they have taken the speed cameras off the motorways and the cops don't patrol them either.

Nogser

You need to see me say it with my correct face on

[broken link removed]

Back