Parking ticket - for what?

Not to enter into a p***ing contest, but my capacity number comes from the [broken link removed]. As for the number of spaces in Sandyford, the pages on the LUAS website have been removed -
La page est introuvable<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Il se peut que la page que vous recherchez ait été supprimée, ait changé de nom ou soit momentanément indisponible.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->
-----------------------​
<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Essayez les opérations suivantes :<!--EZCODE LIST START--><ul><li>Si vous avez tapé l'adresse de la page dans la barre d'adresses, assurez-vous que vous l'avez tapée correctement.</li><li>Ouvrez la www.luas.ie page d'accueil, puis recherchez les liens vers les informations souhaitées.</li><li>Cliquez sur le bouton Précédent pour essayer un autre lien.</li></ul><!--EZCODE LIST END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->HTTP 404 – Fichier introuvable<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Services Internet (IIS)
-----------------------​
<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Informations techniques (destinées au personnel du Support technique)<!--EZCODE LIST START--><ul><li>Informations complémentaires : [broken link removed]</li></ul><!--EZCODE LIST END-->
But I remain convinced the number of PnR carpark spaces originally mentioned was 90.

I heard an interview recently with the founder in Ireland of "How's my driving". To those unfamiliar with the concept, there is a sticker placed on the back of car/van/lorry inviting you to call a number to pass comment on the drivers behaviour (be it good or bad). Anyway, in the interview, he discussed the merits of having these stickers on the vehicles of all provisional and recently qualified drivers, along the lines of the R sticker up the north. I thought this a great idea. If 3 calls are received from bone fide sources criticising your driving, then action would be taken. I'd propose the stickers be also forced on anyone convicted of serious motoring offences eg. during the period that you have endoresments on your license.

Sure listen, my mother bought her driving license in that last amnesty 30 years ago, or wa sit more. She is licensed to drive a truck with trailer....the mind boggles that there are thousands of other people out there like her!!!!

My pet hate is idiot lorry drivers who drive trucks at 70Mph when they have a limit of 50. Then add to that how many of them don't have mud flaps so they produce more spray than Eamonn Dunphy on the piss and you can't see a thing. Those guys couldn't care less safe in the knowledge that if they hit you they will blow you away while they'll barely notice a bump...

Not to enter into a p***ing contest, but my capacity number comes from the RPA.

Not a pissing contest at all Max - just trying to establish the facts. For what it's worth my source was the http://www.transport.ie/viewitem.asp?id=5695&lang=ENG&loc=1713 (Department of Transport).

As for the number of spaces in Sandyford, the pages on the LUAS website have been removed

Are you sure that you're not having a local problem? [broken link removed] works fine for me even if I bypass my cache.

Anyway, back to my story...was keeping a reasonable distance between myself and car in front. Cars in the left hand lane were going a lot slower. I was doing bang on 70 and keeping up with car in front of me. Then all of a sudden this beamer shoots up behind me out of nowhere. Obviously going very fast and had to slow down significantly when he got up behind me. The ****** sat on my ass for about 4 miles, occasionally flashing me. Even if I'd wanted to I couldn't move lanes and there was no point anyway - heavy traffic right in front of me. The mind boggles at these people. Driving four inches behind another car on a wet motorway doing 70mph!!!

The clincher for me was when he finally zipped past me at the toll bridge. Wife in the passenger seat and his two children in the back seat!

Yeah, I hear you. One thing that sometimes works with those guys is to deliberately drive slower (very effective on single lane roads); or even better, while your foot is still on the accelerator tap the break with your left foot so that the lights go on. That usually causes them to move away.

Tried both options actually Chris. Thanks though.
Obviously I only dabbed the breaks to let him know he was way too close. That was when he started flashing me.

It's amazing how little some people care for the welfare of their own kids.

If someone wants to go faster than you on a motorway, you should let him. It is not up to you to keep people driving within the speed limits or safely. Just indicate, and someone will let you move into the left lane, and let the driver going faster pass you.

The problem with that is what's a bona fide source?

One measure mentioned to vet people phoning in complaints was to ask for their name and number and insist on calling them back. I must admit I was surprised at the suggestion that this weeds out alot of cranks!

As regards cars tailgating, my wife always panics when a car gets too close behind. Whilst I accept it can be a risk to you in front, I always take the view that if someone wants to tailgate me, that's their problem; they are the idiot, they are getting stressed and annoyed at me, they have all the headaches of trying not to run into the back of me, they have the obstructed view, and they are completely in the wrong if they run into the back of me no matter what the circumstances. My technique to create distance though is to let off the throttle, and just as they have to brake, I accelerate again, creating a big gap and making them look incapable of driving steadily at a safe distance from another car.
Having said all that, I try to let them pass if the kids are with me!

If someone wants to go faster than you on a motorway, you should let him. It is not up to you to keep people driving within the speed limits or safely. Just indicate, and someone will let you move into the left lane, and let the driver going faster pass you.

First of all, I've been hearing that crap for years and it's just that - crap. The speed limit on a motorway is 70mph. If someone else wants to do more than 70mph that's their problem - not mine. I don't have to do squat to help them achieve this goal.
Secondly - in relation to my own post, we were in heavy traffic. Bullying me into the left lane (which I couldn't safely do anyway) would have meant he was now directly behind the car in front of me. I suppose that was his tactic - bully everyone out of his way until he was king of the road.

okay, if there are loads of cars in front of you then I agree that you would not have to let him pass you as it is pointless, but if there is a clear road in front of you then yes, you should definitely let him pass. No its not crap, why should you be the law enforcer on the road. If someone wants to travel faster than 70 mph then as Bobby Brown sang before Britney was probably born "That's their Prerogative"

Ah - as usual I see that we have yet another road related topic which has inevitably descended into rants from individuals who believe that they and only they know how to drive properly while all other road users are idiots. I'm just glad that I'm not a driver! :)

Well, , aren't you ever the . <!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--> (I know you understand HTML because I see your footprints in the custom headers and footers).<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Even [broken link removed] has taken down his self-glorifying website.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->On the Sunday cycle, I observed flagrant abuse of all the above parking regulations/laws around evey church. Wotz up wid dat?

I don't know how the (now missing) page to which refers comes into it as I was referring to [broken link removed]. Thanks for the compliment though.

but if there is a clear road in front of you then yes, you should definitely let him pass

I agree. No problem with that.

individuals who believe that they and only they know how to drive properly while all other road users are idiots

Damn straight!

:)

individuals who believe that they and only they know how to drive properly while all other road users are idiots

Where the individuals are talking about adhering to the law eg. not tailgating, not hogging the overtaking lane etc. etc. then they are damn right to believe they know how to drive properly. If you don't drive then you cannot possibly start to understand the frustration felt by everyday drivers who witness stupidity and ignorance on our roads on a daily basis.

but if there is a clear road in front of you then yes, you should definitely let him pass. No its not crap, why should you be the law enforcer on the road. If someone wants to travel faster than 70 mph then as Bobby Brown sang before Britney was probably born "That's their Prerogative"
I presume you feel the same way about other forms of law-breaking too? So if I want to rob your DVD player, beat up your granny & evade my taxes, that is my perogative - right?

I presume you feel the same way about other forms of law-breaking too?

Give us a break rainyday!

A radio station did a phone poll/competition a while back;

Q: You are travelling at 70 mph in the right hand lane of a motorway, when a car comes up behind you at high speed and flashes at you. Do you;
(a) Brake slightly to slow them down and remain in the right hand lane
(b) Maintain your speed and position in the right hand lane
(c) Move over to the left hand lane and let the car pass

The vast majority of replies were (b), no surprise to regular users of our countries motorways.
However, the correct answer according to this piece was infact (c).

No - the correct answer was d - You shouldn't have been sitting in the right hand lane in the first place, and the other guy shouldn't be doing over 70 mph in the first place.

You shouldn't have been sitting in the right hand lane in the first place

Exactly, so get out of the way when another car is using the "overtaking lane"!!! :)

Back