Own brand versus branded recommendations

Surely the marketeers could have come up with something better like "A masterful brew awaits with Assams"
Its just where the tea is grown and the abbreviation tells you what type of tea it is. It means nothing to me, I just tried various different ones till I found one I preferred.
 
This popped up in my YouTube feed today, usually Google is a bit quicker then that ;)
It was an interesting watch even though we all know the answer
But there was a comment towards the end that I'm sure manufactures of branded products must be worried about
Once you make the switch to own brand no matter the reason you generally never go back to the branded product
 
A few Lidl suggestions:

"Ultra" kitchen roll is as good as Plenty and a good bit cheaper. Other own-brand options are inferior in my experience (not as absorbent and tear easier)

W5 all in one dishwasher tablets are very cheap compared to branded and do the job.

Deluxe crisps are very nice and as good as any of the fancy hand-cooked brands; also a big fan of the their nuts & corn mix snacks.
 
[Lidl] Deluxe crisps are very nice and as good as any of the fancy hand-cooked brands
Oh no, don't get my salivary glands started!

Large (165g) tub of Pringles are €3.49 in Tesco.
Stackz own-brand "Pringles" are €1.79 in Aldi....... IMO they are every bit as good (addictive).
If you have a Tesco clubcard and want to spend €5 on 3 tubs they work out at €1.67 each. But now you spent €5... on stuff you shouldn't be eating!
 
Has anyone noticed that Weetabix are consistently soft the past few months?. The inside wrap is poorly sealed and letting in air. I'm going off brand this weekend to see how good the alternatives are as too expensive for a soft product.
 
Another vote for the Tesco version of w'bix.
Neither the Aldi nor the Lidl versions come close, for me anyway.
 
"Ultra" kitchen roll is as good as Plenty and a good bit cheaper.
Agreed and I may an outlier here but I find them handy as paper hankies too. That little bit tougher than any of the "ManSize" other brands I've tried, they tend not to turn to dust in the póca like ordinary hankies. I keep a box of TESCO Luxury Soft in the car for emergencies of the canine kind, they're a good 2nd choice IME.
 
Has anyone noticed that Weetabix are consistently soft the past few months?.
I noticed that some time ago and switched back to cooking porridge as a consequence. Maybe it is the packaging as you suggest but the sawdusty presentation and the "hungry feelin'" put me off them. I never tried the own-brands. My-way porridge with a few fresh berries and yoghurt is yer only man for the brekkie.
 
Heroin? I think you lose weight on it usually.
Yes but ironically people who embark on methadone intake more sugary foods and put on weight, your fun fact for the day. That's why typically they can have poor oral health / missing teeth etc.
 
Back
Top