O2 Website Slowness

As I previously mentioned I do think they are improving. At the initial stages of the upgrade, I emailed with a few queries and never heard back& always had to call. However, on emailing during the week, a customer service agent replied ASAP. I used to be with Vodafone for years and never had one problem with their website, but the 02 website has some good additional features (you can check & pay your bills, & Insert all your phone numbers-It has been a few months since I used Vodafone so maybe they now too have these features) since the upgrade, which if the website were reliable would make it a great website.
I have also just sent an email outline the problems I am experiencing to the o2 customer care service.

A few weeks ago it took me ages to enter one phone number. I could not delete a contact today but entered one no problem.

Just tried the website again, when I tried to get into my phonebook, the following message was displayed for about 5 until I pressed refresh after which all my contacts immediately came up.
Please Wait.....

Loading your phonebook.

If you have a lot of contacts this might take a few moments.

I then tried to remove the contact again and it worked straight away.
Basically in all aspects of the website it is temperamental.

Just being trying to get into the webtext, the usual is happening - NOTHING !!!!! AARRGGGHH !!!!

I received a reply from O2 saying the technical team have implemented several updates to the website over the last few days and that the aim of introducing the new systems is to enhance the service rather than detract from it and that they will continue to work to ensure that this is the case.

They also said they would like if I could email if I notice any improvement or continue to have any other difficulties and I will do so but I am having less and less problems.
I suggest anyone who is still having considerable difficulties should email, so they are aware of what problems still persist and the extent to which each problem persists.

you should try working for them!

Really though, the security of the site HAD to be improved. Once it beds down and all the glitches are ironed out it will be an excellent experience. Webtext is an outsourced programme, and there is no revenue to gain from it.

Some of the issues with the site are caused by the number of hits it is getting. It is, after all, one of the most used Irish websites.

For those of you that are techies, o2.ie encompasses many different aspects of the business from billing to the online shop (you can port your number to o2 online). The programmes involved are huge and complex and issues will arise directly from this, many of which couldn't be predicted or woudn't show during testing.

This post is completely unofficial and has not been sanctioned by o2

oh, and it really isn't a conspiracy to make people use their phones to text.

O2 were the first service provider to give free text to customers online. It used to be 500 texts but this wasn't being used so was reviewed in 2003. All the other networks took years to catch up on this.

Emailing Danuta is a good idea, but due to the factors involved, the issues are beyond her control and she probably isn't technical enough to fix the gremlins. Everyone in O2 is aware of the issues, we really don't want to have to deal with complaints, we want everything to work well. We also want our customers to be the happiest in Ireland. Trust me, it will be service as usual shortly. We are working flat out and all the agents in O2 are doing their best to help you all.

People might be interested in [broken link removed] and a new app called [broken link removed]. The former used to work for me before the revamp but since the upgrade the message always arrives blank. Might work for some people. It has phone book support but it doesn't pick up your o2 web text phone book. You need to add the entries. More success with the latter. It's only new but at least it sends texts. No phone book support though but I find it more successful that going to the o2 website.

loquayrules said:
O2 were the first service provider to give free text to customers online. It used to be 500 texts but this wasn't being used so was reviewed in 2003.

Ehhhh, while irrelevant I don't understand the logic of reducing the quota of texts allowed because it "wasn't being used" - so what? No benefit to O2 reducing an "allowance". Unless of course it WAS being used and was seen as too generous.

loquayrules said:
Emailing Danuta is a good idea, but due to the factors involved, the issues are beyond her control and she probably isn't technical enough to fix the gremlins.

Think you are missing the point by a few miles - we know that Danuta is not the technical person here but rather a person in authority who may get the techies to fix the gremlins quicker than the customer care team - who, by the way, anytime I ring them, seem for the most part unaware that there is a problem at all. (barring a couple of customer care staff that do seem to understand the issue)

I have just discovered that it works better in Internet Explorer than FireFox.

I was unable to edit the phone book in FireFox, but tried it in IE and it worked fine. I don't know if this is a problem with the site, or whether I have different settings enabled in IE which allowed me to do it.

Brendan

loquayrules said:
The programmes involved are huge and complex and issues will arise directly from this, many of which couldn't be predicted or woudn't show during testing.

Application testing - it works, or it doesn't work. O2 webtext doesn't work. I would have thought that that would have been one of the primary predictable outcomes of implementing new software.

loquayrules said:
This post is completely unofficial and has not been sanctioned by o2

I doubt it. But sure go on. We'll see how many other threads you contribute to - assuming you're not just logging on here to defend you're employer.

Like the Vodafone employee a couple of months ago logging on to sing their praises until Clubman saw where they were logging on from.

Polo-Boy said:
Yet again the O2 webtext is down !

Worked for me this afternoon, didn't work at 6pm, and working again now. How many O2 technicians does it take to fit a lightbulb?

loquayrules said:
Emailing Danuta is a good idea, but due to the factors involved, the issues are beyond her control and she probably isn't technical enough to fix the gremlins.

Hehe while I think of it Loquayrules, why don't you ring Danuta up and tell her what you think of her technical skills!

loquayrules said:
Webtext is an outsourced programme, and there is no revenue to gain from it.
I think this is a key point. Hence the fact that it hasn't been working properly since the site was re-designed

loquayrules said:
Some of the issues with the site are caused by the number of hits it is getting. It is, after all, one of the most used Irish websites.
Not for long. Consistant poor service will lose customers. This is simple fact. I used to log on to 02 once a day. These days I tentatively log in once a week to see if webtext is working. I would say 80% of the time it isn't.

Free service or not, if a company offers something free and it turns out to be a major annoyance then that is an own goal, not matter what 02 try to dress it up as.

Also - Brendan is right - it works better in IE than firefox.

Just to comment, after my e-mail to Danuta Grey, I had some follow up from a very helpful O2 person who confirmed that a fix was made to their web pages last week.

As far as I've been able to see so far today anyway, the web text is working perfectly now. Been able to log in without any problems, and have send loads of webtexts without any issues at all.

Finally it works.. no more hanging screens..timed out texts!! Still not eligible for an upgrade though.

Yup. All good here as well. Been using it last couple of days without any issues at all.

No it's not allowing me to pay my account online and what's even worse is that I can't even view my a/c online....bummer really coz i've cancelled the paper bill to save on the recycling!

Back