O2 Website Slowness

Well, being honest, that was a better way to have it. It's no good for anyone now.
I just banged off an email to them on it. It's incredibly frustrating.

I definitely suspect that the "problems" around the webtext are there to stop us using them. I always use my full allocation each month, but last month I had over 60 left. If I can't use webtext then I am forced to text from my phone which means more money for O2.

I can't believe they are not acknowledging the problem. I am emailing them now so I will see what crazy answer I receive.

I am seriously considering moving as I am not tied into a contract. I mainly use my mobile for texting. Can anyone comment on Vodafone's webtext service ? Recent attempts to log onto their website have proved as slow as O2 :(

I've been asked to change my password twce this week for no apparent reason. And each time you attmept to do so the site crashes.

Interesting coincidence. A newsletter I received today from Enterprise Ireland told me of research in the UK -
Twenty percent of respondents said that if had had a bad experience with a firm's website, they never dealt with that company again, either online or offline.
Article they refer to is found [broken link removed].

I emailed Danuta Grey (head of O2 Ireland) this thread about an hour or so ago.

And low and behold, if you go and try to send webtext now, you can, without any problem. At least, in the last 5 mins I was able to send 3 web texts, where this was impossible previously.

macshaned said:
I emailed Danuta Grey (head of O2 Ireland)....And low and behold

I spent 3 months without reception at my house and all customer services would say was "there must be building going on nearby". Then I emailed Danuta Grey, got an immediate email from someone representing her, couple of days later hey presto reception back again.

Sad that you can only get things done when you go to the top.

ps webtexts working for me too now.

Makes you wonder if some of the comments above about generating extra revenue through actual texts was actually right. It's working perfectly for me now as well.

I received the follwoing email form o2 in response to my recent queries to them.

Dear Whackin ,

A temporary fault has occurred, due to which, some of our customers will encounter problems while accessing www.o2.ie.
We have detected the problem and are in the process of rectifying it. Thank you for your patience and co-operation.
We look forward to providing you with the best of service

Kind Regards,
O2 Data Support

A suggested response to O2's brush off (sorry, response):

Dear O2,

A temporary fault has occurred in me paying my bill, due to which you will encounter problems while accessing my funds. I have detected the problem and am in the process of rectifying it. Thank you for your patience and co-operation. I look forward to providing you with a payment as soon as you start providing me with the best of service.

Kind regards,

Polo.

Yup, same here. Having a nightmare logging in as well. Couldn't even get as far as their webtext pages yesterday.

whackin said:
I've been asked to change my password twce this week for no apparent reason. And each time you attmept to do so the site crashes.

I got this today when I tried to get in again this afternoon. I'm currently waiting 3 minutes for the webtext page to come up.

With regards to the password issue, just ignore the message, click the return to login page, and then log in again. It lets you through this time around without changing the password.

Bit of a dumb piece of logic going on there.

4 minutes and counting waiting for the webtext page to come up.

I work on a helpdesk for a different kind of website, and we're constantly warned about customer retention and fobbing people off like that, could get into serious trouble for giving off a bad image of the company. I'm on Vodafone and their online texting is excellent....

The O2 webtext situations just goes from bad to worse. Having finally managed to get to the webtext screen it let me type in a text but after hitting send it just hung there and finally crashed. Impossible to know if the text has been sent or not.

Webtexts was one of the reasons I stayed with O2 in the past. I am now thinking a change of mobile providers may be on the cards :mad:

More trouble with logging onto the O2 website and crashing when moving between screens today :mad:

Has anyone got any results from contacting O2 ?

Got this from O2 support

Dear Tubbs

Thank you for contacting us in relation to your o2.ie account.

Following the changeover to the new O2.ie website, we have been experiencing some technical difficulties. These difficulties have affected registration, webtext, site stability and navigation speed. We understand that some of these issues are causing inconvenience to our customers and we would like to assure you that we are working to resolve these issues as a matter of urgency.

We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please contact O2 directly on the appropriate number below and we will endeavor to resolve your issue immediately.

O2 Customer care - free phone 1909 (bill customer), 1747 from your O2 mobile phone (€0.14/call) or 1850 60 1747 (Speakeasy) from an alternative handset (please check rates with your service provider).

Kind Regards

O2 Customer Care

Has this problem had any media attention?

It has only got fleeting mention on boards.ie

Someone should organise some form of serious protest about this. Promote a major switch to Vodafone or Meteor planned for 1 August if they don't resolve the problems by then.

Brendan

Don't believe it, the webtext was working earlier today and I thought they had finally fixed it. But nope, gone again. How difficult can it be for a company to get some webpage people in to fix it?

I rang them and complained - they sent 100 free texts to my phone - not so bad but comes across as throwing money at a problem.

I had no problems with the website before to the upgrade; however I now find it very temperamental. It is very slow, at times I can’t log in and there has been a few weekends when the wedsite was not accessible. Also My account was locked(Due to reaching my limit of login attempts) and I had 02 to call to log on. I do think it is getting a little better though, so maybe it is just taking a while to prefect the new website.

Back