O2 Website Slowness

Humpback

Has anyone used (or at least tried to use) the O2 website since it's been "made over"? My experience so far is that it's rubbish.

In the week since it's been relaunched, I've only once been able to access past their login page, and haven't been able to get to send any webtexts at all.

Have to agree. Took me about two weeks and a few phone calls to finally log on. What a mess.

Hi, yes, I think the same, I used to use the webtext option, very handy but have had to give up on it since they changed things. Way too slow.

I clicked on the 'picture messages' option in the personal section, got this:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at media.o2.ie:8080.

Ah well, at least they're not wasting money on frivolous features.

I have already sent a couple of complaint emails to O2 Customer Service about this. Suggest you all do the same - it might encourage them to sort it out.

eD.

driving me mad as well, rang customer service who said "we haven't heard anything" ....thought it was just my computer for awhile!

(non relevant: why don't they offer new phones like the N80 like O2 in the UK? It's always the hand me downs in Ireland)

Its crap, I've been on to customer service who have said 'it works fine for them'!

It hangs everyday and getting through to webtext is a no no.

What a horrible job on trying to make things better!!! I've just e-mailed them to complain about the site as well. I too was hoping to use webtext, but without much success - 1 text in a week.

Will keep you updated on how my complaint is handled.

Bingo! I emailed customer services yesterday also to complain. It's not very convenient from the customer's point of view that webtext is not working, could I possibly suggest the opposite for the company, I've been buying alot more credit for my phone in the last few weeks.

It really has been awful for the last month or so. When I logged on the other night I was aseked to enter a new password. Inevitably it I wasn't able to do that even as the server continuously timed out. I used to send most of my texts from o2.ie but now that's almost impossible. It beggars belief that they are denying that it is a problem! It is one of the main attractions to o2 for me, and to be honest now I'm thinking of changing!

whackin said:
It is one of the main attractions to o2 for me, and to be honest now I'm thinking of changing!

I'm on 3 and as well as their terrible customer service, I was thinking of getting off them because I really need the webtext service while I'm in work. They can't even tell me if/when/ever they're going to provide such functionality.

So, was trying out O2 on prepay with a view to moving to them, but this is definitely not doing them any favours either. If the only differential was as to who provides webtext, then it looks like its down to Vodafone or Meteor instead.

Classic case study for customer retention for someone - how to lose customers based on non-performance of non-core, or non-essential product offerings.

Can anyone post their experience on the performance of Vodaphone and Meteor webtext to use as a comparison.

It's chronic. I was wondering is it a plan by 02 to stop us using online free texts? Really brutal job if it wasn't intentional.

shnaek said:
It's chronic. I was wondering is it a plan by 02 to stop us using online free texts? Really brutal job if it wasn't intentional.

I was thinking the same thing as I can get access to all the other areas of the site, its just the webtext that continuosly times out.
Free text = no revenue.

On a semi-related point does anyone know if you can use webtext to send to the premium text lines Newstalk & the like use for competitions and comments?

CN624 said:
On a semi-related point does anyone know if you can use webtext to send to the premium text lines Newstalk & the like use for competitions and comments?

No, you can't.

i was with o2 for years and changed about 18months ago to vodafone - their web text is great - use my allocation every month on have only had problems 2/3 times, but i reckon that it was my wonky old computer at home. never have a problem in work with them.

No issues to report with Meteor webtext. Only disadvantage is don't seem to have the ability to send web text with future send dates as you can on vodafone.
However on the plus side you do no thave the crappy vodafone website either. Back when I was a voda customer (last year) the website was terrible. Frequently crashing along with slowness and bad user interfaces.

Breaker said:
they should have left it the way it was (which was fine!)

Well, not really - from their point of view at least. I was getting the free webtexts from them for months using a number that hadn't actually been an O2 number for nearly 3 year and which at the time was a 3 registered number. Pretty poor detail checking there.

Back