New Bank Holiday

Does AAM support polls? Realistically we are looking at:
* February (around Valentine's Day)
* July (first Monday)
* September
* November (late November)

Probably it'd be most appreciated in July.

Please note that bank holidays are not quite the same as public holidays.

There are nine public holidays.

There are two more bank holidays: Good Friday and 27-Dec.

Being Askaboutmoney.com.... I think it should be May 16th ;) St Brendan's Day

Last edited:
We all know it was a joke, nobody could seriously think that Cork deserves... anything.

To quote the great Niall Toibin, Like all Cork people I am not proud of being from Cork, just grateful.

How about an Irish food and drink day?. Obviously Cork would take the lead in that with our whiskey, 2 stouts, tea, sausages, pudding, spiced beef, Tanora. the list goes on and on

To quote the great Niall Toibin, Like all Cork people I am not proud of being from Cork, just grateful.
A great man, and the exception that proves the rule. ;)
How about an Irish food and drink day?. Obviously Cork would take the lead in that with our whiskey, 2 stouts, tea, sausages, pudding, spiced beef, Tanora. the list goes on and on
The Pudding is good. Do Cork make that Stout for when you run out of Guinness?
Midleton is great whiskey.

I can see we are a long way from a UI mindset. Twelfth July - Orangeman's Day is the obvious candidate. Or maybe you already have that one in the back pocket and want yet another. Partition Day is yet another possibility although that might be short lived.

How about when Ireland win their first competitive match.....It will give plenty of time to think about it

How about when Ireland win their first competitive match.....It will give plenty of time to think about it
In soccer-ball? Men's soccer-ball?
How come Irish women seem to be so much better at sport than Irish men?
Football, Rugby, athletics, boxing (particularly athletics)?

Couldnt we just pimp out naming rights to the private sector and the highest bidder?

Let some Saudi Oil conglomerate put up $$$ for having the public holiday named after them and we can use the money to fund bar tabs and kebab houses for the day?

In soccer-ball? Men's soccer-ball?
How come Irish women seem to be so much better at sport than Irish men?
Football, Rugby, athletics, boxing (particularly athletics)?
Now that you have mentioned women. I haven't heard any sports women say that they have been vaccinated either. Perhaps there has been no reason for them to say that they have . It's just an observation..

Now that you have mentioned women. I haven't heard any sports women say that they have been vaccinated either. Perhaps there has been no reason for them to say that they have . It's just an observation..
They probably aren't stupid enough not to be vaccinated.

Back