Margaret Cash: "I don't expect anything from the government"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Burgess

Founder
upload_2018-10-10_10-18-50.png

Brendan I feel putting this up is reckless and will only generate negativity towards an individual. Apart from what the media have reported there may be other issues at play with the fathers of the children.

With all due respect David I think many people are already aware of the amount of money this person takes from the state from the free magic money tree. And rightly so , working people are agrieved at the lack of thanks from people like this who want to take more and more while contributing nothing. She has no shame so I don't think we can bring any more to bear on her.

That graphic is out of data too after the budget...there's a few more quid gone into that pot.
Also, HAP at 1,325 is too low. You can name your rate with HAP these days such is the panic in Govt circles to keep the hotel homeless number under 10k. So for a family this size, 2,000 is probably more accurate

Last edited:
With all due respect David I think many people are already aware of the amount of money this person takes from the state from the free magic money tree. And rightly so , working people are agrieved at the lack of thanks from people like this who want to take more and more while contributing nothing. She has no shame so I don't think we can bring any more to bear on her.
Well then get mad at the system rather than her. I absolutely do not agree with this individuals sense of entitlement when it comes to housing/benefits but they are merely working the system that we as a country have put in place.

I suppose my biggest issue with the graphic is that it focuses on an individual and contains a picture. There are thousands of others doing the same thing that currently aren't receiving hatred from 99% of the population.

The government, all major political parties, the media, the universities, the church, big business, and by their votes the Irish public all support this system.

We deserve everything we get.

Hi David

The media and the campaigning groups focus on individual stories to generate publicity.

They are not interested in analysis, facts or stats. Just "mother of 7 forced to sleep in Garda Station"

Under the circumstances, I think it's perfectly appropriate to point out the benefits she is on.

Brendan

Brendan I feel putting this up is reckless and will only generate negativity towards an individual. Apart from what the media have reported there may be other issues at play with the fathers of the children.

Mrs cash appears to have sought out the media to help her highlight her quest - campaign for a house , she wasnt randomly picked for focus .

in her defense , for decades now various left wing politicians , journalists and those who work in academia have constantly instilled in travelers an attitude that its the states duty to do everything for them , no questions asked .

a degree of conditioning inevitably sets in . criticising traveler culture beit removing children from school young , mistreating animals or engaging in questionable social behaviour , is ignored in the name of cultural difference and anyone who demands travelers leave behind practices which are simply not compatible with 21st century ireland is branded a bigot and officially so since travelers were granted ethnic status .

Hi David

The media and the campaigning groups focus on individual stories to generate publicity.

They are not interested in analysis, facts or stats. Just "mother of 7 forced to sleep in Garda Station"

Under the circumstances, I think it's perfectly appropriate to point out the benefits she is on.

Brendan

i think its more than that brendan , the media ( in the main ) are ideologically left wing and actively campaign for more public spending across the board .

Its all pretty low-brow stuff really.

1. The topic title is misleading, should read "this government..." not "the government".
2. Child benefit - she receives no more or no less per child than any other recipient in the State.
3. Fuel Allowance - doesn't she live in a b&b? Hard to see how she gets fuel allowance on a property that is not hers.
4. HAP - is it fair to say that it is the b&b that is in receipt of housing support payments?
5. Back to School Allowance is capped on income limits, including payments received from social welfare - in Ms Cash's instance, if she was in receipt of all the other welfare she would be disqualified from Back to school allowance.

The father , John McCarthy, got out from Cloverhill a few weeks ago where he was on remand for assault. Margaret gave an interview around that time saying she was looking forward to having him back as he'd be a help with the children.
Less than a week after his release she had a post on her Facebook page saying he had run off with another woman. She also posted pictures of that woman. Good riddance to the pair of them she said, he had never as much as bough t a pair of socks for the kids!

1. The topic title is misleading, should read "this government..." not "the government".
2. Child benefit - she receives no more or no less per child than any other recipient in the State.
3. Fuel Allowance - doesn't she live in a b&b? Hard to see how she gets fuel allowance on a property that is not hers.
4. HAP - is it fair to say that it is the b&b that is in receipt of housing support payments?
5. Back to School Allowance is capped on income limits, including payments received from social welfare - in Ms Cash's instance, if she was in receipt of all the other welfare she would be disqualified from Back to school allowance.

like i said , commenting - criticising travelers has become one of the ultimate taboos amongst liberal society .

like i said , commenting - criticising travelers has become one of the ultimate taboos amongst liberal society .

When did you say that?

I have no problem on commenting or criticising travellers if it is based on factual and accurate information. All I have done is point out the inaccuracies in the criticism.
For instance, do you know if she receives all those welfare payments or not?
If she doesn't, and I have identified some anomalies in the poster graphic that would imply she doesn't, then all this commentary is based on false and misleading information and should cease.
Regardless of what you think of this person, targeting her publicly for criticism on a false premise is as repugnant as targeting you publicly on a false premise.
Wouldn't you agree?

There you go again about landlords. The HAP payment is rent paid for Mrs. Cash. The HAP is paid directly by the HAP to the landlord on behalf of Mrs. Cash. It's like you saying her dole that pays Dunnes Stores for her groceries are really the beneficiary of the money.

I don't see the relevance to the fact she's a traveller.

There is no way her rent is as low as 1350 as she lives in Dublin, more likely 2K or more as that's what you'd need to house a family of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back