Margaret Cash: "I don't expect anything from the government"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were deliberating disregarding HAP from that calculation as you said it went to the landlord which is what Bronte was pointing out. Now your trying to sidestep that by pulling at heart strings.
The usual predictable 'round the house' posts that you bog down every thread you contribute to with

When did you say that?

I have no problem on commenting or criticising travellers if it is based on factual and accurate information. All I have done is point out the inaccuracies in the criticism.
For instance, do you know if she receives all those welfare payments or not?
If she doesn't, and I have identified some anomalies in the poster graphic that would imply she doesn't, then all this commentary is based on false and misleading information and should cease.
Regardless of what you think of this person, targeting her publicly for criticism on a false premise is as repugnant as targeting you publicly on a false premise.
Wouldn't you agree?

no i would not agree as mrs cash has not been targeted , quite the opposite , she has harnessed the media to her cause .

no one disputes she is not the only one entitled to the menu of benefits she currently soups from , thats a straw man you created , the basis for the thread is mrs cash absurd counter factual point

" i dont expect anything from this government "

she depends entirely on the government !

You were deliberating disregarding HAP from that calculation as you said it went to the landlord which is what Bronte was pointing out. Now your trying to sidestep that by pulling at heart strings.
The usual predictable 'round the house' posts that you bog down every thread you contribute to with

I didn't deliberately disregard anything. Quite the opposite actually, I pointed out how the graphic above paints a picture that is far from reality.

i would not agree as mrs cash has not been targeted , quite the opposite , she has harnessed the media to her cause .

That is not what I asked you, this time with emphasis in bold.

Regardless of what you think of this person, targeting her publicly for criticism on a false premise is as repugnant as targeting you publicly on a false premise.
Wouldn't you agree?

I didn't deliberately disregard anything. Quite the opposite actually, I pointed out how the graphic above paints a picture that is far from reality.

So how about you tell us the reality, financially, on this financial forum. And compare Mrs. Cash with a married couple with one earner, 3 kids and the man of the house earning about 40K.

Indeed, her entitlements are 52K and I would suggest it's nearer 60K tax free because there is no way her rent is below 2K unless she's living in a shoe box.

And HAP made it entirely clear to me that the landlord-tenant relationship rests between me and my tenants and has zero to do with the government/local authority. In fact if the tenant stops paying their portion to the LA, the LA will pull the HAP from me but I won't find out until too late, as this procedure takes time and the LA has no authority to inform the tenant has stopped paying them. And then I'd have to go about giving notice and every responsibility, as usual, would be on me.

How much do you have to earn in Ireland to get 60K into your hand - rough figure will do.

Last edited:
And many posters have since pointed out to you that your deliberately mis-interpreting that graphic. And your obviously continuing with that line.
Yet another thread to be killed off by what has to be called out as thread derailing to put it politely.

Last edited:
That picture is disgraceful. It doesn't include the cost of 8 medical cards plus other benefits. I hate inaccurate reporting.

No individual should be picked on but when someone comes on the airwaves saying 'she expects nothing from this Government /taxpayers', it better not be someone in her position.

Nor did I criticise that fact. But you'll criticise me for receiving HAP as a landlord housing people.

I criticised your attitude to raise rents for no other reason other than the State will pay;

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threa...e-quit-because-of-rent-controls.209554/page-8

Bronte
"Which reminds me I should put up the rents to keep the property value up to market value. And the tenant's won't care as the state will pay. I'm convinced that HAP has driven up rents. Because I have never got so much rent"

And what do I do with the extra money, I reinvest it back in to make the properties better. And nice side step of you there, the reason I didn't raise the rents on my existing tenants was that I didn't feel they could afford it. But I was then left in an invidious position of seeing my properties lose value if I didn't increase due to the rent cap. Which is precisely why I have to increase the rent. And you'd do the very same.

You're very neat at avoiding certain realities. And you've entirely left out the higher taxes, the loss of mortgage interest relief, the cost of wear and tear stretching out over 8 years, the prsi and the usc. Then there was the NPPR, following by the household charge and finally we have the property tax.

...on a false premise, yes she was.

Emphasis was on "false", not on "target".
I take it you accept the graphic at start of topic is bogus.

Leave Mrs. Cash out of the entire thing if it makes you feel better. How much is a woman with 7 children entitled to from the taxpayer.

What figure in the initial graph do you take issue with. And don't forget to add in a value to 8 free medical cards.

And what do I do with the extra money, I reinvest it back in to make the properties better.

Bully for you. It must be nice to have the taxpayer prepared to pay for refurbishing your house. I have to pay for it myself.

But I was then left in an invidious position of seeing my properties lose value if I didn't increase due to the rent cap.

So the taxpayer should compensate you for loss of value on your investments? The sense of entitlement that some people have is breathtaking!

And you'd do the very same.

No I would not. Speak for yourself, not me.

And you've entirely left out the higher taxes, the loss of mortgage interest relief,

You have mortgage interest relief returned to you. Another state support for "free-market entrepreneurs".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back