Lidl Mobile - €8.99 Per Month for Life

Where are you seeing that porting a number over at a later date might jeopardise qualification for the €8.99 p.m. offer? I can't see that anywhere. The phone number associated with a Lidl Plus account can be changed via the app.
OP asked aboutgetting a new SIM with a brand number with 8.99 deal and then changing that LIDL SIM to their old number after a few weeks - it doesn't state anywhere that that is possible for keeping the 8.99 deal so I said "Not necessarily"
 
Started the switch just after midnight from 48 ( porting my number) as roaming is too hit and miss.

Started process but still on the first step
"requested".

Imagine its quite busy with a lot of transfers taking place.
 
Hello,

What's the exact payment method, is it actually a manual, monthly, payment, via their app ?

If so, I fear a lot of people will forget, and end up making late payments, or even get cut off when they completely forget to pay. What extra costs will this attract, assuming the right ?
 
What's the exact payment method, is it actually a manual, monthly, payment, via their app ?

Do I need to manually renew my plan each month?​

No. Once you've signed up, your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month without any action required from you. Payments and renewals are handled automatically in the Lidl Plus app, so you can enjoy uninterrupted service.
 
I'm giving it a try as it seems like a bit of a no-brainer for myself a GoMo user since both use the Eir network. I know there might be a little bit more latency but I don't imagine it would be noticeable for typical smartphone usage. I also regularly travel to/from UK so this might be a better plan for that since it includes unlimited calls to UK.
 
Be careful if porting a different number to the one you have Lidl Plus registered to. It seems to be forcing the latter so you'll end up changing the wrong plan! I had to cancel the process. Bit of a mess really.

Scrap that. I made a mistake in the set up process. I have managed to set up a second SIM correctly.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you made progress, nothing for me today, still on first step of 3.

Only operates between 0800 and 1800 hrs as directed by Comreg.

This was well flagged, could they have thrown a bit of extra resources at it? Overtime?

Hopefully tomorrow will see a few hears changing.
 
Husband made the jump today, he was on gomo 5g plan. I watched a video on it and apparently the EU roaming balance is quite generous. I need to stay on the 4g gomo plan to keep our cheap internet with them.

I work from home 4 days a week so majority of my useage is wifi anyway.
 
Just received this a few mins ago.

Thank you for registering for Lidl Connect.

Congratulations - you are one of the first 100,000 customers who are guaranteed your price for life!

We are currently in the process of moving your number over to Lidl Connect. We will notify you via email when your number has been transferred over to the network. Please note that this can sometimes take up to 4 working days. Your current mobile service will stay active, without disruption, until your switch to Lidl Connect is complete.

We can’t wait to welcome you to Lidl Connect.
 
Apparently those with a Pixel phone can't get 5G with Lidl Connect because Lidl have not got their 5G service whitelisted with Google. Disappointing.
 
That was a problem for 48 (and maybe some or all other MVNOs on Three or using the Liffey Telecom APN) until Google eventually issued an update that whitelisted it for 5G connectivity. I really hate the way that Google make things unnecessarily complicated like this. Similar to how Samsung Galaxy phones exhibit confusing problems (e.g. the dreaded incessant "Refreshing SIM data" message/notification) and Apple require stupid activation processes for iPhones/iMessage/FaceTime/... on MVNOs and make hotspot configuration unnecessarily complex, etc.
 
Last edited:
Apparently those with a Pixel phone can't get 5G with Lidl Connect because Lidl have not got their 5G service whitelisted with Google.
I just signed up my Pixel 10a for a new number with Lidl. It took all of ~5 minutes to pay and get started with the eSIM.
I can confirm I only get 4G. With Sky for my existing number I get 5G.
 
As a Google Pixel 7 user I too can confirm that the Lidl Connect SIM is limited to 4G on the device. Probably not a deal-breaker for me, but disappointing nonetheless.

I also skipped the option to port my existing number during the initial setup, as I wanted to test things out first. And now I don't see an option to port my existing number via the Lidl Plus app, so I'm not entirely sure how to do so. I would've expected to be given the option to kick off the port at a later time as opposed to only being given the option once during initial setup.
 
Back
Top