Lidl Mobile - €8.99 Per Month for Life

The thread on boards includes some of the T&Cs for the Lidl offer
- must be a Lidl plus member
- must use Lidl pay and keep an active payment card
- one SIM per Lidl plus account for the cheap rate (up to 3 additional SIM cards charged at 12.99 pm)
- payment is per calendar month
- cannot send SMS to international numbers

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/20...the-first-100k-customers/p1?sort=dateInserted

I'm on the 7.99 offer from 48, which suits (apart from roaming which can still be a nightmare). I'm not sure it's worth my while switching.
 
Unlimited calls and texts cover UK networks (not sure about UK landlines?) and 100 minutes of international calls is an interesting inclusion.

What is included in the Lidl Connect current plan?​


Enjoy simplicity, control and great value with our Lidl Connect plan:

Calls & SMS

Unlimited calls & SMS to any Irish and UK network

Mobile Data

Unlimited 5G data within the Irish mobile network (subject to coverage)

No speed throttling

Roaming

Up to 50GB of data per month

Roaming in the EU and EEA (incl. UA, Moldova), UK and Switzerland

International usage (from Ireland)

100 call minutes per month to EU, EEA, Ukraine, Brazil, Canada, China, India, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States
 
Lack of premium SMS (5XXXX) support may not suit everyone. And if incoming premium texts are blocked then that means that some 2FA/MFA services may be unusable.

Are there any restrictions on SMS or phone calls?​

You can call and text regular landline and mobile numbers. For your safety, premium, special, or chargeable numbers and services are blocked by default. Emergency services are always accessible.
 
Lack of premium SMS (5XXXX) support may not suit everyone. And if incoming premium texts are blocked then that means that some 2FA/MFA services may be unusable
A few years ago, I had incoming 5xxxx numbers blocked as some had been sent to me fraudulently (3s investigation found that they were unsolicited and refunded the charges). I've never had any issues receiving MFA codes since then.
 
I thought that some 2FA/MFA codes were sent from 5XXXX numbers but maybe I'm mistaken.
I got two from 5XXXX numbers last year, Apple & BoI, both look to have switched over to SMS Sender IDs since.

Anyone interested in switching can look up the full list of registered 5XXXX codes here (use the provider drop-down) and decide if you really need to hear from any of them.
 
I know that sending to premium SMS 5XXXX numbers on 48 is very hit and miss and the information on their website is very misleading/inaccurate. My son was trying to text 51155 to activate his new Credit Union current account VISA debit card and it didn't work even with an active mobile membership plan and cash credit on the account in case that number wasn't free. He had to call landline number ((01) 693 3333) for an automated service that assisted with card activation instead.
 
means that some 2FA/MFA services may be unusable.
I'm on the original Gomo 4G 9.99 plan so I'm tempted to move to Lidl to get 5G. The 2FA codes maybe being blocked or not working gives me pause though, I know other MVNOs like Virgin have had big issues with that in the past, not sure if they still do.
 
Back
Top