Kia Cee'd, Hyundai i30 or Skoda Fabia Diesel

bradfield

Has anyone got any opinions on the above cars? Have done some research which suggests that they are all good cars, the cee'ds 7 year warranty is very tempting but what about resale value? not sure about the resale value for Hyundai also but it is a good looking car?

Any thoughts?

B

The Kia cee'd 1.6 ex diesel sw is dropping by 1900 after July 1 with road tax of just 150.A lot on offer.

The Skoda Fabia is ugly IMO. Why just these two, are they in the same price bracket or something? I think I'd go Focus myself.

Hyundai i30 is great looking car, and the fabia I like also, but looks are different

From what I've heard the Kia is the best of the 3 to drive - though that doesn't mean it's great either. Good warranty though. i30 is IMO the best looking. Don't like the fabia.

If it had to be one of the three I'd pick the Kia for room, driving and (better) resale.

Thanks all for the opinions!

I have a Fabia already and I have no complaints except that I agree with previous post they are not very goodlooking so I just wanted some feedback on the Ceed and i30 both of which are better looking than the Fabia! I have a mental block about Fords, a few people have suggested the Focus but I just do not like Fords!

Caveat, is there any others you would suggest? Same size price bracket?

Thanks again!

B

Mazda 3? A bit pricier but it's well worth considering. Some have described it as ugly - the hatch is maybe a little odd looking but the saloon looks fine IMO - but maybe you want hatch?

Smaller, but great reviews - the new Mazda 2? They have a nice sounding 1.5 100bhp version.

Yeah - thought someone would say that ;)

But maybe it's just the Ford appearance the OP doesn't like?

Thanks!

The issue is very superficial. I have a Fabia, its great from an economical and reliability perspective but as I said its not very goodlooking! I want to buy a new car, I want the same (or better) economy and reliability but in a better looking car! I have been given an estimate of about 7500 for my fabia as a trade in (in skoda dealership) so I would be looking for something for about 22000 (give or take). Would like diesel! All suggestions gratefully received!

B

The Kia cee`d is getting fantastic reviews on all the motoring sites I`ve read so far, especially their 1.6 diesel.

'Slightly' off topic, but what county is the accent of the girl in the Kia radio ads? The ones about there being no interest in the cars etc? Nice voice...

'Slightly' off topic, but what county is the accent of the girl in the Kia radio ads? The ones about there being no interest in the cars etc? Nice voice...
County Poland ...I think....:D

If I have what could be described as a mental block about Fords then I think it could be described as a complete non mental function when it comes to Fiats! Aren't Fiats resale values practically non existent?

B

Probably but cheap to buy 2nd hand. If the reason we bought a certain car depended on the the resale value then what a dull world we would live in.
Also resale values depends on the country too.
Toyotas for instance hold there value well here but in the uk for example they don't.
Hyundai's and kia's are only popular here because of the vrt we have to pay, which makes them the same cost as a much better car in other european countries.

None of these cars will have good resale. If that is what you want, stick to Toyota or Honda

these cars are sisters(or brothers) but the kias 7 year warranty gets a bit cheap after 3 years covering only certain engine parts and the drivetrain. your best bet is buy the i30 in the north were you get a 5 year bumber to bumber warranty that works down here, plus the dealers wont think they are doing you a favour with the reduction in vrt, summer is quite for new car sales up there,

The i30 Sport is a seriously good looking car, but again, it's not available for sale in Irl.

Back