Key Post - Predicting the date of Irish Nationwide demutualisation

Hi

Really grateful for anyones advice, I am currently going through a seperation and my partner,he is applying for loan to buy my share of the house, we have a mortgage with Irishnationwide in which I paid for the past 4 years, I have asked him to agree to split any shares or money he gets when they are took over. He said no. Have I any right to half of this money when my name is took of the mortgage.

Perhaps it could be written into the seperation agreement, something your solicitor might be able to advise you on ?

Regards

G>

It was reported in Fridays Irish Times that a date will be set later in November as a deadline for first bids. This was mentioned in an article on Icelandic Banks financial results. If there are multiple bidders its hard to see an EGM being called this side of Christmas. Be interested to hear other peoples view? Any mention in Sunday Business Post at weekend?

It was reported in Fridays Irish Times that a date will be set later in November as a deadline for first bids.

Good info. Thanks. I didn't buy the SBP. A good paper, but I think they're milking the whole INBS thing to be honest.

latest info I have got from an INBS source. Nothing particularly new but here goes....They are hopeful that a sale will be agreed in the coming weeks. It probably will spill over into 2008. There must be 30 days notice of an EGM. Now, can anyone help me with this question - at what point will the conversion resolution be announced? Is it at the point the sale is agreed or would it only be when the members vote at the EGM??

The key date for deciding who qualifies, is the date that they publicly call the meeting, not the date of the meeting.

Brendan

"Irish Nationwide is expected to sell for between €1 billion and €1.5 billion, although sources close to the building society have said they now expect it to sell for closer to the lower end of that scale due to the 40 per cent fall in the value of Irish financial stocks since the start of the year."

Shows you the importance of timing. If they had sold this 1 year or even 6 months ago they would have got closer to $1.5 billion.

Sunny Girl:

22 working days to Christmas.

1st bids have to come in and no doubt second bids.

Add in all the turmoil going on in the financial markets.

I will nearly say with 100% confidence that no meeting will be called before Christmas.

If I was to call it I would say the meeting will be called for sometime in February but this is just a guess.

My 2 year period by the way is today so I'm hopefully in but I suppose that will depend on the conversion proposals.

I would agree with you Daddy. If the deadline for 1st bids is a date in Nov, surely it must be a date in Dec for 2nd or further bids.

whats hapening lads , any bids gone in yet ,or is the credit crunch putting the process on hold,

Mosii

Definetly the crunch has an impact but from what I hear it is more the INBS process that is broken.

would u hazard a guess brendan ?as to u know what?i have 6 mths to go,what are my chances?

yes,fingers and the ceo of inbs.whats happening with the bids lads?will it carry on until the next agm so the bidders will see whats happening!!

Back