Key Post - Predicting the date of Irish Nationwide demutualisation

Question for Brendan:

According to your original opening post of 7/4/06 we are currently only at Step 1 - finding a buyer.

According to your various Steps at best estimates it could be up to 10 months
thereafter before cheques might be issued.

Are you still holding to all of these Steps having to be gone through and perhaps an update is necessary to that post.

Thanks

Administrator's Message.

Hi Narky - this thread is for predicting the date of the demutualization.

Read the FAQs where your question should be answered.

Brendan

Can you not just answer the question brendan?A lot of people have an interest in this,and its all under the same banner.If you cant answer maybe someone else can guess at sequence and a timeframe,thank you

i find this thread and site extremely patronising and condescending. I do realise it may be irritating for people who are completely in the know with such things as demutualisations etc to be asked the same question repeatedly. if you looked back on my question it was about whether the year was from month to month or just after jan 1st Brendan!!! this is not answered as far as i can see in the FAQs. if it is i apologise for wasting this 30 seconds reading my post.

can anyone give a rough timeframe and rough sequence of events that must happen before demut. takes place,thanks.

I'm with Mosili on this.

Is it time Brendan to do an update to your opening post ?

I think there is a genuine interest in seeing an update on what appears on the 1st page of this post. Surely it wouldnt hurt to revise it dated Oct 2007. If its been updated at regular intervals to Jan 2007 why stop now??
For what its worth, I would imagine anyone who opened an account b4 end Dec 2005 will qualify for windfall. I would love to see someone with a stronger financial background than me give their opinions.

Just read RTE business news this morning.Nationwide is owed the most money from that solicitor in the news this week will that make a difference to whats happening with the sale.

Folks -I recommend a large brown paper bag and some deep breaths.

any one out there have a clue as to a rough timeframe and sequence of events that must happen,as brendan is on hols,or somewhere!thanks

The 5 banks with money loaned to solicitor Michael Lynn have been named on RTE radio and INBS is not one of them. So that is not a factor in timeframe. Goldman Sachs were appointed as advisors last week & industry insiders expected things to move 'swiftly' along once advisors were appointed. How much notice is generally given to members in advance of EGM?

There is a write up in todays Irish Times (on-line) about Lynn owing INBS up to 10million Euro. Will this really impact a potential sale of 1billion+.

Apologies - list of banks mentioned on RTE website yesterday did not mention INBS. I was wrong.....having said that I dont think it will have an impact on pending sale. I think current international turmoil on financial markets and a weakening mortgage market will be real factors.

Sunday Business Post doing a big feature on Irish Nationwide this Sunday.

That will probably state the timeframe involved.

Sunday Business Post doing a big feature on Irish Nationwide this Sunday.

That will probably state the timeframe involved.

Well, their guess is as good as anybody's I suppose.

Not sure of sequence of events but I would be fairly certain payments will be with us latest March. My D'Day by the way is 21/11/07.

Back