Key Post Key Post: Blinds.

Re: >>Blinds.

Am shopping around for 2" wooden venetian blinds for the whole house (7 windows, two of which are quite large : 250cm wide x 160cm drop). Was quoted 3000 euro from Clerys, so am currently shopping around. Plan to try Crumlin Blinds etc this weekend.

Wanted to see if anyone out there had any experience with or opinions on the style and colour of the blinds we've chosen. It's StyleLine, and the colour is Milk (see [broken link removed] )

Has anyone gone with this style or colour? Are they very hard to keep clean? We have a reasonably bright house which we'd like to keep that way, hence the 2" slats and the bright colour. We have yet to decide about ladder tape, any advice on that would be helpful too, ta!

Have you tried that Polish (?) online crowd mentioned in this or another thread about blinds?

ClubMan said:
Have you tried that Polish (?) online crowd mentioned in this or another thread about blinds?
Cheers - yes I have, but it seems that none of their wooden venetians are wide enough for the windows we want covered. For now anyways, I was just hoping to see if anyone had any experience/opinion on the blinds we have in mind?

fullerand said:
Am shopping around for 2" wooden venetian blinds for the whole house (7 windows, two of which are quite large : 250cm wide x 160cm drop). Was quoted 3000 euro from Clerys, so am currently shopping around. Plan to try Crumlin Blinds etc this weekend.

Wanted to see if anyone out there had any experience with or opinions on the style and colour of the blinds we've chosen. It's StyleLine, and the colour is Milk (see [broken link removed] )

Has anyone gone with this style or colour? Are they very hard to keep clean? We have a reasonably bright house which we'd like to keep that way, hence the 2" slats and the bright colour. We have yet to decide about ladder tape, any advice on that would be helpful too, ta!

I can't access the link but we bought wooden blinds for our house from Kavanaghs in Ballyfermot. We went for the thinner slats as we were putting them on doors too but they have wider ones. We put them on every window & external door, (17 blinds in total) and the total cost was €1200 (two years ago). They were the cheapest by far at the time.

They gave a great service, organising to send their guy out to measure up while we were doing our snag and fitted them on a Sunday morning as it was coming up to christmas and all their Saturday slots were filled....totally recommend them. They were willing to travel to Firhouse for us and my mums friend used them and she lives in Ashbourne so I assume location isn't a problem.

I do find the blinds gather a lot of dust. We used an ostrich feather duster to clean them.

HTH

Hi everybody,
I have used a blind company called AAA Blinds a few times for different projects. They are one of the only companies to offer a guarentee! I found this great not that much went wrong. Call Gerard on 087-653 1410 and tell him that Davie Mulvey sent you! Might even get a nice price.

I moved into a new house recently and bought my blinds and wooden flooring from a guy called Graham in Home Design. Have to say great quality, well priced and Graham's assistance/Service was fantastic:

www.homedesign.ie

Hiya, First time posting, very interested in getting samples from ClickforBlinds.com in Poland......wondering if anyone out there has had a recent experience with them, shocked by irish prices so far, ____________Cheers, FifiB

try www.b4i.ie

type in your measurements and order online
they will send small samples of various fabrics etc
we bought wood-slat blinds, very good price

Sean

Hi Sean,

As this is only your 2nd post can you confirm that you don't have any association with this company other than being a satisfied customer?

Thanks,

Sueellen.

Hello,

We have also used Value Blinds in Kildare, as recommended above. We have used them twice now and have also recommended them to many friends.

Absolutely great service, good prices (and amenable to some bargaining), very friendly staff. Can't recommend highly enough.

We are just about to move to a new house and will certainly be giving them a call again.

Hi,

Anyone know where [broken link removed] are gone ? have been trying there website for the last couple weeks and no deal.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say thanks to fatherdougalmaguire & others who recommended Value Blinds in Kildare. I used them recently based on feedback here & was very happy with the price, service & quality. I had alu-wood venetians fitted & they look great.
They were a fraction of the price I paid 3 years ago with another company. I did a fair bit of shopping around before deciding to give them a go & they were definitely the best price.
I've recommended them to loads of friends since who are all delighted with the results. So thanks to everyone who recommended them!

Sharon.

[broken link removed] are back on line now. I have bought about 5 blinds off them and spot on, all arrived within a week and are very good quality. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

Just wanted to say thanks to fatherdougalmaguire & others who recommended Value Blinds in Kildare. I used them recently based on feedback here & was very happy with the price, service & quality. I had alu-wood venetians fitted & they look great.
They were a fraction of the price I paid 3 years ago with another company. I did a fair bit of shopping around before deciding to give them a go & they were definitely the best price.
I've recommended them to loads of friends since who are all delighted with the results. So thanks to everyone who recommended them!

Sharon.

forgot to add that they have a website that I don't think was posted on here before, think it's www.valueblinds.ie but if that's not right google should get it!

Sharon.

Hi, this thread is very informative, just wondering if anyone has used value blinds lately? Are they still good value and competitively priced? Thanks a million.

Hi all,
I am about to take the plunge with Value Blinds, they came back with a very very competitive quote today that includes installation! They are coming out next Monday to measure up and bring some samples.

Thanks to the guys on here that recommended them. I will let you all know how it goes.

M

Hi all,
I am about to take the plunge with Value Blinds, they came back with a very very competitive quote today that includes installation! They are coming out next Monday to measure up and bring some samples.

Thanks to the guys on here that recommended them. I will let you all know how it goes.

M

Just wondering if madmoe or anybody else has any update on the current service available from Value Blinds?

Have rep calling tomorrow to give quote - 15 windows, 1 bay (5 window panels) & 2 Velux. Looking at wooden slat venetian (except for velux!) - any guesstimates of cost??................really don't want to be catching flies with a look of complete shock on my face when I hear his quote tomorrow! :eek:

Also looking for Wooden blinds have them downstair and looking to get 4 upstairs windows done in the same colour preferably. Going to get quote off Value blinds any other recommendations- South dublin area?

Back