KBC KBC statement on tracker redress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got an update from KBC today, after being told in October last year I am in scope, December told not in scope, January had an apology and told previous KBC made a mistake and I am definitely impacted and in scope would have a letter coming out- today I was informed I am not impacted!! KBC is a joke idiots working in there. Thought I would have been part of the December 650 cohort as I drew down fixed in February 2008 on fixed? So its now on to Padraig Kissane to get his opinion.

Hi D

Hi Doyler1

I got a letter in December saying I would be contacted by Jan 5th, I made my complaint through a KBC hub IN KILDARE.

I have all my original documentation and original contacts from brokerage.

I mailed the

[email protected]
N Richardson

I had recently fixed and needed to clarify that this new arrangement did not affect the Tracker Examination for my case.

The return communication confirmed I was in scope and impacted I posted a copy around page 8.

I got the hard copy in the post the next day,

Did you actually raise a complaint, this can be done v KBC hub once you have your account number.

Not sure if this helps. Hopfully I’m not breaching the forum rules putting up the girls name

Thanks for the reply Rakitom that's my next move I will be putting it in today, thanks for the advice!!

Finally got an update from KBC today, after being told in October last year I am in scope, December told not in scope, January had an apology and told previous KBC made a mistake and I am definitely impacted and in scope would have a letter coming out- today I was informed I am not impacted!! KBC is a joke idiots working in there. Thought I would have been part of the December 650 cohort as I drew down fixed in February 2008 on fixed? So its now on to Padraig Kissane to get his opinion.

Did they say why you are not impacted? I also drew down on a fixed in February 2008, so I am probably going to get the same response you did. I did get a letter early this year.

yes I asked why and pointed out the 650 cohort from the December statement regarding the February 2008 cut off, she said it other things come into factor such as loan amount and LTV ?

Niceone @doyler1

Glad to see there are letters still arriving
in doors , still some hope for us in scope but not confirmed impacted

Padraic said today KBC hadnt come near restoring the December numbers to their trackers .

Hoping they havent contacted all deemed impacted either , guy on phone yesterday said they would be contacting remainder before the 31st , cant read too much into whats said there .

I would love to know why loan amount is a factor!
I was really hoping my mortgage would come down, its been so hard the past ten years was hoping for a break!
Will still keep my fingers crossed but prob no point now!

Yes I know its depressing struggling the last 10 years trying to pay a mortgage at rip off rates, typical of this country

Flyer again

Attachments

• A2E8A0BF-0431-460C-A295-A2EBB635B88C.jpeg
    A2E8A0BF-0431-460C-A295-A2EBB635B88C.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 374
Rakitom how long was the flyer in circulation again? I got my mortgage through a broker Feb 2008

Right, stupid question, but where on that flyer does it say that only new fixed mortgages will roll onto tracker on expiry? It says 'ALL IIB fixed rates will now roll onto tracker on expiry'. Why are they saying that this issue only applies to new business?

I think the argument is that once broker finished with a client who got mortgage then the client wouldn't have seen flyer hence no expectation to revert to the product. However what if broker did show it or mention it in the course of a conversation when meeting at hurling match or on the street? Word against word, etc

I think the argument is that once broker finished with a client who got mortgage then the client wouldn't have seen flyer hence no expectation to revert to the product. However what if broker did show it or mention it in the course of a conversation when meeting at hurling match or on the street? Word against word, etc
I drew down in 2005 through a broker. The broker was still dealing with my mortgage and IIB in 2008 and the bank have notes from phonecalls with the broker throughout this time so it's not always the case that brokers wash their hands once money is drawn down.

Hi

I don’t know the answers to the questions.

Lightening & Peemac the best informed, although I don’t always agree with everything said.

But I think Padric could let you know the term of the flyer.

Doyles the LTV comment from KBC to you is strange. Part 1 of the flyer is explicit.

Again KBC sent going to take it liying down.

There is a big battle going on behind the scenes. They will only disclose what they are forced to. Simple.

KBC have an army of people combing the fine print and I’m sure questions are flying back and forward between CB & KBC.

If it was my business I would be working hard to limit my liability.

This is far from over. KBC have more than they are willing to disclose, hence the secret service approach

I drew down in 2005, fixed for 2 years but topped up through broker in 2007 so flyer would have been in circulation. Up to interpretation I suppose. But the secrecy is wow and damage limitation is I hate to say it but necessary as a commercial unit ......though maybe not morally right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back