KBC KBC statement on tracker redress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Ya rakitom I agree. He may have passed away but the family getting inheritance wouldn't be happy.
Maybe I'll tell kbc I deem them impacted by a data protection issue, that I'll give them an update in March and after a full review return the document 'if any ' in June

Hi QWERTY

You have an obligation to report this to data protection.

As you say it a serious breach of confidentiality, Dead or Alive.

Strange response from Others.
A little dig at me yet again - you seem to have an issue. Time to put you back on the ignore list.

There is NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to report it. None, zilch nada. Stop the BS

My post was a little humour and in any case even if you wanted to report it they have no power to prosecute or penalise financial institutions over a breach of data protection and it would be debatable whether it is an actual breach.

So sending a report may give you good feeling - but nothing will happen.

Shred it and move on would be my advice. Life is far too short.

Little humour is right. Doubt you'd like your affairs and estate floating about to be seen. These should really be secure against being sent out with someone's mortgage documents.

I think some posters are getting way off topic here, let’s keep it to the title of the threads

To be fair.

Peemac is probably right, life is to short. To be annoying yourself with KBC clerical error.

Some poor shmo will probably get the bullet.

Best to seek an expert professional opinion rather than upset yourself further if you believe you should belong in scope. It is a terribly difficult matter if you feel your mortgage contract has not been honoured. As previously posted here seek Padraics advice whether you have a case anyone who feels wronged. That will more likely give you more of an idea than wasting time calling KBC right now.

Well said 'ask2017'

If your feel you have a case, take on d banks
No point in trying to find out if you have a case on a forum, where we all think we know what were talking about!!! Leave that to the experts.

Best of luck to everyone who's fighting their case, lets hope we all get good news.

Just wondering what forum thinks on compensation levels for those currently named as Impacted.

I’ve been reading the sensational headline, Tracker Mortgage Scandale could be the Biggest ever banking fraud in the history of the Irish state.

I’ve been doing the math.
1billion Divided by 40000 = €25k

Surely this is a conservative estimate. Peemac is fighting 9 years, lightening I think is the same, I’m probably in the shorter time frame 7 years, feb 2008 to present.

I’m think the billion is very small number and should be doubled to cover redress and compensation, and then possibly a civil action payout also.

Thoughts please

Is it not the case of the 900 million. 600 million to include compensation and redress. 300 million bank costs. I believed that banks were giving 7.5% - 15% of ur redress as compensation. This would suggest compensation is very low hence you then have to go to appeals board. I could be incorrect on this.

That is the case. The 900 million is broken down by redress / compensation to the impacted, and then the internal operational costs involved for banks to mobilise their teams to support this scandal. My gut feeling is that KBC will be offering the bare minimum in terms of compensation, i.e. less than or equal to the 10%, so there's a unique decision to be made within each of us, as to whether you deem that to be acceptable contribution to your own personal circumstances Fair play to those lenders who have stretched to 12/15 %, but regardless, I too have 9 years of eligible redress and compensation, but to prove the indirect costs of borrowing, would be extremely difficult if choosing to fight, but each one of you may feel optimistic in your own personal circumstances. It's very, very hard to appeal based on lost opportunities, like that dream house, that you potentially could have got, had your account gone from arrears to positive equity sooner, and before the housing market inflated, but proving that is hassle, I'm not so sure i have the energy left for.

Rakitom, I drew down my mortgage same day as yourself 2008 with exactly the same condition's as mentioned in previous posts, I was told I am impacted verbally on the phone early January and would receive a letter confirming by the end of January , still no sign of the letter I rang them yesterday to be told my account is still being reviewed and in scope, this is so annoying being told one thing and then something different a few weeks later, I am wondering whether to contact P Kissane at this stage or give it a few more weeks.

At this stage there is little point contacting any advisor, they dont have a magic wand which will make KBC give you a back a tracker any quicker, and they will have to charge you.

I see a good few popping up lately , in fairness to Kissanes they have bee there since the beginning. I would hold out to see what comes from KBC in the coming weeks.

Theres zero consistency from them

At this stage there is little point contacting any advisor, they dont have a magic wand which will make KBC give you a back a tracker any quicker, and they will have to charge you.

I see a good few popping up lately , in fairness to Kissanes they have bee there since the beginning. I would hold out to see what comes from KBC in the coming weeks.

Theres zero consistency from them
That's true mccoypat94 I will wait and see what happens in the future no point at this stage, thanks

Yes I totally agree. People will simply have to wait.

If you have received a letter saying you part of the review and are impacted then you have to just simply wait. But if you have been told you are not part of this review then I would start getting stuff together for a case against them whether through someone like Padraic Kissane or if you plan to make the complaint yourself. The bank's are given 3 months I think it is to respond to complaints and I think the FSO is generally around 6 weeks.

Hi D
Rakitom, I drew down my mortgage same day as yourself 2008 with exactly the same condition's as mentioned in previous posts, I was told I am impacted verbally on the phone early January and would receive a letter confirming by the end of January , still no sign of the letter I rang them yesterday to be told my account is still being reviewed and in scope, this is so annoying being told one thing and then something different a few weeks later, I am wondering whether to contact P Kissane at this stage or give it a few more weeks.
Hi Doyler1

I got a letter in December saying I would be contacted by Jan 5th, I made my complaint through a KBC hub IN KILDARE.

I have all my original documentation and original contacts from brokerage.

I mailed the

[email protected]
N Richardson

I had recently fixed and needed to clarify that this new arrangement did not affect the Tracker Examination for my case.

The return communication confirmed I was in scope and impacted I posted a copy around page 8.

I got the hard copy in the post the next day,

Did you actually raise a complaint, this can be done v KBC hub once you have your account number.

Not sure if this helps. Hopfully I’m not breaching the forum rules putting up the girls name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back