italian election results: will brussels finally listen to the people

The fact that emigration broadens the gene pool is a positive byproduct. It should not be used as grounds to allow or prevent that emigration. A positive work ethic is a much more subjective thing but in my experience over the last 10-15 years I have found that employees from Eastern Europe have a good work ethic and they certainly miss fewer days work than their Irish born counterparts. But, again, that's just my experience. The gene pool thing is just a fact, as is the fact that the broader your genetic material the less likely you are to suffer from inherited genetic diseases. That's the irony for all the white supremacists; not only are black people more genetically advanced that people of white European origin as we share some DNA with Neanderthals, but the more "mongrel" you are the better it is.

I think you are entering into dangerous territory here, afterall the nazis used pseudo science to justify their aryan racial theories, now you are doing it from the other extreme. We need africans because we are not diverse enough in our dna is bogus rubbish, europe has a population of circa 400 million surely there is huge diversity already within that population. Some animal species only have a few thousand individuals and conservationists are happy that they have enough diversity to sustain the species. You could also use your very same argument to justify colonisation, africans are not diverse enough therefore they need europeans to invade in order to increase the dna diversity for the african population. Also farming and breeding of livestock where most of our livestock are descended from a relatively small number of individual bulls refutes the theory about having too small a gene pool. Of course it is true in agriculture that some pure bred animals are too highly bred , but most of our farm animals are perfectly healthy.

I think you are entering into dangerous territory here, afterall the nazis used pseudo science to justify their aryan racial theories, now you are doing it from the other extreme. We need africans because we are not diverse enough in our dna is bogus rubbish, europe has a population of circa 400 million surely there is huge diversity already within that population. Some animal species only have a few thousand individuals and conservationists are happy that they have enough diversity to sustain the species. You could also use your very same argument to justify colonisation, africans are not diverse enough therefore they need europeans to invade in order to increase the dna diversity for the african population. Also farming and breeding of livestock where most of our livestock are descended from a relatively small number of individual bulls refutes the theory about having too small a gene pool. Of course it is true in agriculture that some pure bred animals are too highly bred , but most of our farm animals are perfectly healthy.
Hold your horses there, I'm not suggesting that we need Africans because we are not diverse enough. I'm just pointing out that genetic diversity is good an in-breeding is bad. That's not an argument for allowing immigrants into the EU, it's just a positive by-product. There are lots of negatives too but the issue in Italy isn't immigration it's refugees (there are lots of negatives there too). My problem with the populist parties, and I see no difference between Trump and UKIP and 5 Star and Paul Murphy/PBP/AAA/Solidarity or whatever they call themselves now; populism is populism and it seeks to blame someone else for broader societal problems. Trump blamed the Mexicans, the Italian populists blame the refugees, UKIP blame immigrants and the Anti Reality Alliance here blame "the Rich". They are all populist and dangerous and encourage people to abdicate personal responsibility for their problems. That makes people feel powerless and angry and undermines democracy and the rule of law. It's not just intellectually lazy, it is very dangerous.

Back