I don't want to give Ryanair or Aer Lingus my business...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable comment. Funniest that I have heard in years.
Couldn't agree more. Now that I think about it AL and RA aren't saving me enough money.

I'm off down to my local Porche dealer to give him €150K, but on no account is he to deliver the car.
Just think about how much money that will save me on not having to buy fuel for it, well it's just mind blowing. :D

Just as an update, AL have managed to sort out over half of what they owe us, just this morning.

This was done by one of my daughters via 'Twitter', so at least that's something.
But it is appalling what they are putting customers through to get what is owed to them.

So the more flights I book and don't take, the more money I save. This time next year, we'll be millionaires.

Not bad! Your first sentence is, obviously and self-evidently, completely correct!

However, as you won't be increasing your income by not heading off on all of those holiday flights that you booked but didn't avail of, then, unless you're a millionaire already, it's difficult to understand how you could imagine that such an approach would make you into one!

Not bad! Your first sentence is, obviously and self-evidently, completely correct!

However, as you won't be increasing your income by not heading off on all of those holiday flights that you booked but didn't avail of, then, unless you're a millionaire already, it's difficult to understand how you could imagine that such an approach would make you into one!
The second sentence is paraphrasing Delboy. He normally says it when he comes up with a new scheme.

The second sentence is paraphrasing Delboy. He normally says it when he comes up with a new scheme.
I suppose you could call it a cost avoidance rather than a saving. But generally when someone books a flight for a holiday, they want the holiday and accept the cost. The holiday cost isn't considered a loss.

I suppose you could call it a cost avoidance rather than a saving. But generally when someone books a flight for a holiday, they want the holiday and accept the cost. The holiday cost isn't considered a loss.

Absolutely.

But given that Covid had ensured that my planned holiday had gone down the swanee, (although the Ryanair flight still departed, presumably with no passengers!) I was merely trying to 'look on the bright side of life' - and I certainly didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Absolutely.

But given that Covid had ensured that my planned holiday had gone down the swanee, (although the Ryanair flight still departed, presumably with no passengers!) I was merely trying to 'look on the bright side of life' - and I certainly didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
Covid really has turned things on its head. I can see your point (at first reading it does seem like twisted logic), the airline may have let you fly but you could have been sent to mandatory quarantine, so not much of a holiday, extra cost and no enjoyment.

I was lucky that Ryanair refunded me and the hotel in the UK, could have kept the money, but gave a voucher. Unfortunately the hotel has closed and not sure if it will reopen. I'm willing to write it off as a loss. A minor one considering what some people have suffered in the past year and a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back