How we view international news; double standards

You can't be serious :eek:
At a time when he and his party stand accused of anti-semitism!
It was in 2014. Footage is only coming to light now. Given the current anti-semitism accusations I'd say its release is part of a plan to damage him.

The accusations of wreath laying are highly dubious. He was part of a large delegation that was commemorating the lives of innocent civilians who died at the hands of Israeli militants from its armed forces. The fact that some of that delegation laid wreaths to commemorate what they perceive to be martyrs is hardly shocking.

From my perspective the Tory-lite element of the British Labour party, led by Tony Blair, have lost control to Corbyn and are trying to usurp him.
The Republican-lite element of the Democratic party in the US, led by the Clintons, have also lost control.
All this stuff about Russia interference, Russia poisoning, anti-Semitism in the British Labour Party is garbage.
I don't like Donald Trump, but fake news it is.

All this stuff about Russia interference, Russia poisoning, anti-Semitism in the British Labour Party is garbage.
Is there any left wing cause you don't rally to! To call the accusations/info to hand so far 'garbage' is spin at its very best

The accusations of wreath laying are highly dubious. He was part of a large delegation that was commemorating the lives of innocent civilians who died at the hands of Israeli militants from its armed forces. The fact that some of that delegation laid wreaths to commemorate what they perceive to be martyrs is hardly shocking.

By some of the delegation, you actually mean Corbyn!

Corbyn's answers are highly dubious, and his handling of the anti-semitism scandal within his own party even more so.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-16-at-18.18.43.png

Is there any left wing cause you don't rally to! To call the accusations/info to hand so far 'garbage' is spin at its very best

Just fighting the spin.

Between Russia and Israel, which country do you think exerts more influence over the US political system? I would say Israel, without a shadow of a doubt. Early this year, on foot of Israeli lobbying, acting against the will of the UN, President Trump announced that the US would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Who could have influenced the US President to change US foreign policy like that?

Do you believe that the Russians tried to kill former spy Skirpal using a toxic military grade agent that was subsequently left in a bin to be found by bin rummagers?

By some of the delegation, you actually mean Corbyn!

Corbyn's answers are highly dubious, and his handling of the anti-semitism scandal within his own party even more so.

His handling of the anti-Semitism scandal is poor, granted. But that does not makes him anti-Semite. To suggest or imply or infer that he is anti-semite is ludicrous.

From my perspective the Tory-lite element of the British Labour party, led by Tony Blair, have lost control to Corbyn and are trying to usurp him
Wow, so Corbyn is a true Labour Party man? From my perspective all the hard work done by Neil Kinnock in the 1980's to make Labour electable had been undone by the undemocratic nefarious hand of the Trade Unions when they elected the idiot brother who was in their pocket instead of the brother who was able, articulate and electable.
My Corbyn has strongly condemned illegal actions by Israel and rightly so. He has been slow to condemn illegal actions by PLO affiliated groups. If nothing else laying a wreath at a monument commemorating dead members FATA who were "close to", i.e members of, Black September, shows extremely bad political judgement. Given the shambolic state of the Tories Labour may well win the next election. The best hope the Tories have is that Corbyn is still in charge when that election happens.

His handling of the anti-Semitism scandal is poor, granted. But that does not makes him anti-Semite. To suggest or imply or infer that he is anti-semite is ludicrous.

He doesn't seem to have a problem associating with anti-semites, he doesn't seem particularly bothered about his party being associated with anti-semitism, or engaged with rooting it out of his party. If he's not an active anti-semite, he is an enabler of it.

The Republican-lite element of the Democratic party in the US, led by the Clintons, have also lost control.

The House Democrats are led by Nancy Pelosi, the Senate Minority leader is Chuck Schumer. They're Clinton era Democrats and are showing no inclination to cede power to any of the new wave of candidates that have emerged.

And that's all that Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and Beto O'Rourke are. Candidates. They have run compelling campaigns to usurp incumbents but they still have no effective power to thwart the White House or implement policy.

And there's a big difference between acting as an activist and governing as a politician, as Nikuyah Walker has discovered in Charlottesville.

Nothing has changed in the balance of US politics 'til the mid-term votes are counted and seats are taken.

It shows that Jeremy Cornyn will never be prime minister, when he layed that wreath he was a nobody and nobody cared. It was a step way too far to do that especially in the era of global terrorism. It is actually very similar to something Boris Johnson would do, also not a candidate for prime minister, they are actually opposite sides of the same coin, they go deeper and down to appeal to the worst elements of their support base

He doesn't seem to have a problem associating with anti-semites, he doesn't seem particularly bothered about his party being associated with anti-semitism, or engaged with rooting it out of his party. If he's not an active anti-semite, he is an enabler of it.

What anti-semites does he associate with?

The House Democrats are led by Nancy Pelosi, the Senate Minority leader is Chuck Schumer. They're Clinton era Democrats and are showing no inclination to cede power to any of the new wave of candidates that have emerged.

And that's all that Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and Beto O'Rourke are. Candidates. They have run compelling campaigns to usurp incumbents but they still have no effective power to thwart the White House or implement policy.

And there's a big difference between acting as an activist and governing as a politician, as Nikuyah Walker has discovered in Charlottesville.

Nothing has changed in the balance of US politics 'til the mid-term votes are counted and seats are taken.

Granted. It may be premature to assume to Democrats are in disarray, but the trajectory in my opinion is heading that way.

It shows that Jeremy Cornyn will never be prime minister, when he layed that wreath he was a nobody and nobody cared

He wasn't a nobody. He was a prominent member of the Labour party, somewhat sidelined by the Blair faction.
He was part of a delegation of British parliamentarians, including conservatives, that were engaged in building a prospective path to peace in Israel/Palestine.
As part of that delegation he took part in a ceremony to commemorate innocent victims of Israeli military attacks in 1985.

The notion that 'nobody cared' is interesting however. It shows that this is just part of a propaganda circus to oust Corbyn.
If anyone cares now, they should have cared then. Why didnt the Labour party leadership reprimand him, or sanction him in 2014?
Because "nobody cared"??
If nobody cared then, they dont care now.

Lord Sheikh (ive never heard of him until today) founder of the Conservative Muslim Foundation was also at the conference (not the wreath laying ceremony) that it is believed members of Hamas were also in attendance.

But so what? If you want to build bridges to peace, all factions in a conflict need to be engaged.
This 'controversy' is nothing more than an attempt to damage Corbyn and oust him from leadership and has absolutely nothing to do with Israeli/Palestine relations.

What anti-semites does he associate with?
Well he's supported the Islamic Human Rights Commission, a group which is virulently anti-Israeli and gave their ‘Islamophobe of the Year’ award to the murdered staff of Charlie Hebdo two months after they were murdered.

Last edited:
Well he's supported the Islamic Human Rights Commission, a group which is virulently anti-Israeli and gave their ‘Islamophobe of the Year’ award to the murdered staff of Charlie Hebdo two months after they were murdered.

Being 'anti-Israel' does not equate to anti-Semitic. Also, when you say 'anti-Israel', do you mean against the existence of the Israeli state, or against Israeli policies of occupation, apartheid, forced eviction, murder of protesters and medics?

I don't know how you can square his views and policies with your own capitalist ideology.

Simple really, I support his anti-war, peace pursuing initiatives.
As for capitalism, I thought I had explained all this before? I support the exploitation of the earths resources in an economically and environmentally sustainable manner.
Value should not be measured on shallow concepts of profit alone, but also on the extent of who benefits, the impact on the environment etc.
I dont think Corbyn would be a million miles away from that.

Simple really, I support his anti-war, peace pursuing initiatives.

He's not anti-war or pro-peace. He's against force when deployed by western governments, he doesn't seem to care about terrorist organisations like Hezbollah using force.

Back